Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Leopard 2A6M CAN 1/16 missing part

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Leopard 2A6M CAN 1/16 missing part

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Lincs Winks Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leopard 2A6M CAN 1/16 missing part

Gentlemen / Ladies

I am almost finished the structural and electronic work on my Leopard but I am missing one piece, E4 the bolting plate that the apple fastens too.
Anyone out there have oneI can buy or steal.

Wayne
Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 PM
RC19

Default RE: Leopard 2A6M CAN 1/16 missing part

HI Wayne contact AAFTank museum.com they might have the E spur ,the e4plate is on that spur they are Good people . bye
Old 11-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Lincs Winks Wayne

I had a picture of the piece but screwed up the attachment.
Here it is.
I know it is available at the museum butt betweem cost shipping and HST and handling at the boarder I am looking at $ 50.00 easy.
I have bought a lot of pieces from Natasha and Karen at the museum but this is one piece out of 30 on the sprue and it isone ofthe most expensive sprues in the bunch.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93379.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1817980  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 PM
RedDevils

Hey Wayne,

I have a Leo 2 as well and just by chance I have that item that i'll never use. You want it? By any chance would you happen to have a B7 (Small return roller mount) and a P5 (The hinge piece for the starboard side mud guard)? The part is still yours, I'm just wondering if you have spares. Tell me what you think.

Derek (PPCLI)
Old 11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Lincs Winks Wayne

Unfortunately I did not have to buy the B or P sprue I had to locate all the internals and electronics came from a static model that i got from a genleman in Oregon.
I have numerous pieces for internals ( shafts, torsion bars, screw bags A,B,C,D,E,shaftssprings, bearings, hubs)but not the main tank.
I will gladly pay for the piece and shipping, send me a PM when you determine what you would like me to send and I will send the address info.

Thank You

Wayne ( Lincoln and Welland Regt. )

ORIGINAL: RedDevils

Hey Wayne,

I have a Leo 2 as well and just by chance I have that item that i'll never use. You want it? By any chance would you happen to have a B7 (Small return roller mount) and a P5 (The hinge piece for the starboard side mud guard)? The part is still yours, I'm just wondering if you have spares. Tell me what you think.

Derek (PPCLI)
Old 11-05-2012, 07:38 PM
RedDevils

Hey Wayne,

No worries about paying for the part, I'll head up to the Post Office tomorrow and see how much the postage will be. You want to PM me your address. Thanks.

Derek
Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 AM
RedDevils

Hey Wayne,

The part is sent via Canada Post and no worries about the payment, it was only a couple of bucks. Later dude and what is your position within the Lincoln and Welland Regt?

Derek
Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Lincs Winks Wayne

Derek:
I have been around for quite awhile I am retired.
I enlisted in 1960 and retired in 1975 as a major , C Coy Commander. (We had 3 boys and once they started school the military got to be too much. At the time it was a very difficult decission to make. )
Currently I am a member of Branch # 71 royal Canadian Legion and I am the Sponsor representative to the # 2966 Royal Canadian Army Artillery Cadet Corps. I help with finances, building and storage of equipment and many other things.
I have been building models since the 1960's. I built a wired remote control Leopard in 1969 but I never found any one else with the interest i n RC modeling.
With the advent of the internet things are much better. I belong to the CAN-AM RC Tank club here in Fort Erie and ther are about 12 to 18 of us and we meet monthly and have built a town at the rear of one of the towns community centres.
Enough about me it is good to hear from fellow Canadian with similar interests.
Thanks again for sending me the part. I would appreciate having your mailing address and and hearing something about you.

Wayne
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 AM
karel47

if their is something missing into your kit why you don't complain at the shop where you bought it wayne, tamiya kits have warenty onto, another shop can not do that you need the receipt for it
where did you bought it ?

ORIGINAL: Lincs Winks Wayne

Gentlemen / Ladies

I am almost finished the structural and electronic work on my Leopard but I am missing one piece, E4 the bolting plate that the apple fastens too.
Anyone out there have oneI can buy or steal.

Wayne
Old 11-10-2012, 03:03 PM
RedDevils

Hey Wayne,

For myself, I started modeling back in the late 70's / early 80's, mainly ships but moved onto armour and dioramas. My first tank was the Patton tank and from those beginning i've slowly made my way up to the 1/16th scale tanks. Currently, I have the Leo 2A6, a Tiger I Befelswagen from the 507th sPzAbt (this is a WiP) and finally a Tamiya Kubelwagen. I also do 1/24th scale diecast NASCARs.

Currently i'm in the army as you saw with my PPCLI plug, joined in 89, got posted to the 3rd Bn in Victoria. I've served in both the light and mech Bns of the PPCLI and a three year stint with 2 Cdo, AB Regt. I've done 7 tours of duty in Croatia (twice), Bosnia, Kosovo and three tours in Afghanistan. Afghanistan was by far the best and only injured twice. GTG. Got 12 more year till retirement. That will be a sad day cause I've known nothing but military life, was a cadet at 12, in the reserves at 16 and boot camp at 18, hell I didn't even go to my grad ball.

I'll drop you a PM with my address here shortly, mothers got supper ready and I'm going to go throw on a feedbag. Talk to you later Wayne.

Derek
Old 11-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Lincs Winks Wayne

Karl:
The problem was that I bought a static model which did not include that part, to buy the sprue that includes the part would cost $38.00 + $25.00 for shipping and about $20:00 to customs for HST tax and handling.
Lukily for me an RCU member in New Brunswik had the part and is sending it to me.
Thanks for the suggestion

Wayne
Old 11-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Lincs Winks Wayne

Derek:
here are some pictures of my tanks and our group.
CAM-AM RC Tank Club
My Leopard only has a base coat now that the internals and electronics are done and it is running I will be attempting to make the Barracuda camo system used in Afganistan.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74143.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1819233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62874.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1819234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg91833.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1819235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx67890.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1819236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi60057.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1819237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar99721.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1819238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zb59669.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1819239   Click image for larger version

Name:	On46534.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1819240  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ml88186.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1819241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oa21217.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1819242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz14840.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1819243  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:04 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI Can-AM.

Looks like you guys had cooler weather than when I was there in July. I hope to see you guys again soon. Please start planning for a Danville trip in the spring. I would love to see you all at the Extravaganza for the live fire and tank crushing car action.

Bob
Old 11-10-2012, 07:16 PM
RedDevils

Great looking club Wayne,

Wish we had something like that out here, I would start one but I'm only at the Infantry School for one more year. Maybe when I get out west again. Where I'm at, there is only one other fella who is into RC Tanks. You'd think with the Armoured School and C Sqn, RCDs here that there would be more interest. Maybe it's the money factor.

In the group pic, who are you? I to would like to make/get a Barracuda camo kit but the anti-RPG rails scare the poop out of me. One of your members is off to a good start, with the umbrella. We Infantry guys have heavy kevlar to shade our pumpkins.

Maybe next summer, when we head up to my in-laws in Kingston for summer leave, I'll bring my tanks and we'll meet have way. Do some fire and movement.

Talk to you later Wayne, got to get my brass put back on my uniform for tomorrow.

Take care,
Derek
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Lincs Winks Wayne

Derek
I am the-
RED SHIRT
The Leopard with the umbrella, a joint effort between my wife and I she stitched I cut and glued

Wayne
Old 11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
RedDevils

Hey Wayne,

Well done then, co-operation. My wife doesn't sew but she sure supports my hobbies.

Derek
Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice looking group and tanks too.

~ Jeff
Old 11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Derek:
CAM-AM RC Tank Club
My Leopard only has a base coat now that the internals and electronics are done and it is running I will be attempting to make the Barracuda camo system used in Afganistan.

Wayne

I would be intersted in seeing that. I am building a 2A4 CAN as delivered to Canada at the begining of the year. It is sitting on the far end of my work bench calling to me. I am currently building a plastic sailing ship for my Daughter so I haven't had much time to work on tanks. I need to get this done before Christmas, but then it will be back to tanks. I had fun building a C2 and want to add the newest Leopard to the fleet.

Then that pesky Tamiya JS-2 will be out as well, not to mention the all metal stug, and the very likely possibility of an all metal T-34. aaaaahhhhhhhh.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

And some people where saying the hobby had plateaued!

ORIGINAL: YHR

Derek:
CAM-AM RC Tank Club

Wayne

I would be intersted in seeing that. I am building a 2A4 CAN as delivered to Canada at the begining of the year. It is sitting on the far end of my work bench calling to me. I am currently building a plastic sailing ship for my Daughter so I haven't had much time to work on tanks. I need to get this done before Christmas, but then it will be back to tanks. I had fun building a C2 and want to add the newest Leopard to the fleet.

Then that pesky Tamiya JS-2 will be out as well, not to mention the all metal stug, and the very likely possibility of an all metal T-34. aaaaahhhhhhhh.