Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1/16 R/C Russian Heavy Tank JS-2 Model 1944 ChKZ Full-Option Kit

Some great news!Just spoke with my Tamiya Rep and the JS-2 is scheduled to arrive in the warehouse approx. February 12th, a month earlier than expected - Happy Valentines Day!!!!. Once we receive the kits our pre-order customers will be notified on how they can complete their purchase.
    We will continue to take pre-orders for this tank kit until February 4th.You can pre-order at http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com.
    Due to price we will not be stocking this tank.All future orders after the pre-order period will be placed on back order and must be paid for in full at time of ordering.All backorders can take up to 10 business days or more depending on warehouse stock.
    Natasha and I look forward to helping you with your purchase of this new Tamiya tank kit and we look forward to hearing the reviews of the kit on RCU!
    Tanks a lot
    Karen/Girltankette

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: girltankette

Some great news!Just spoke with my Tamiya Rep and the JS-2 is scheduled to arrive in the warehouse approx. February 12th, a month earlier than expected - Happy Valentines Day!!!!. Once we receive the kits our pre-order customers will be notified on how they can complete their purchase.
    We will continue to take pre-orders for this tank kit until February 4th.You can pre-order at http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com.
    Due to price we will not be stocking this tank.All future orders after the pre-order period will be placed on back order and must be paid for in full at time of ordering.All backorders can take up to 10 business days or more depending on warehouse stock.
    Natasha and I look forward to helping you with your purchase of this new Tamiya tank kit and we look forward to hearing the reviews of the kit on RCU!
    Tanks a lot
    Karen/Girltankette
    Good news
    What engine sound is recorded inside /what DMD and MF?/

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/Produc...tCode=preorder

"Kit includes DMD Control Unit (T-08) and DMD Multi-Function Unit (MF-07) "

As it was mentioned before in this thread , Tamiya MF-07 is the unit (and sound) for Super Sherman tank.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And the T-08 is the same as the KV-1 and KV-2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And the T-08 is the same as the KV-1 and KV-2

Of course but my question was about tank engine sound only (MF unit). Is it mean that Tamiya IS-2 will have Sherman engine sound?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Isn't the M51 a diesel engine?

They probably used that for the long recoil.

~ Jeff
    Building the British Sherman Mk.III ~ Mid Production Sicily

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Would tamiyas whole sale price not be the same to both?

Ideally yes it should be, the main differences lie within the particular countries and whether the shop in question abides by the rules.

For Tamiya operates through exclusive distributors in the UK, and I would imagine in the USA as well. This means I couldn't approach Tamiya and say sell to me! I have to buy through the Tamiya distributor in the UK. This mark up means I can't compete with Hong Kong sellers who are selling far under the RRP.
    This is good for consumers, but if there is no profit to be found in a product and combine that with the fact that Tamiya's 1/16 tanks are a significant spend with a low sales potentialand we can't really stock it. If all shops stop stocking a product then so will the distributor and the imports dry up. The damage is done to Tamiya.There is a very good reason why one of the UK's biggest model retailers just dumped their entire 1/16 stock and are not looking to bring them back in.

Many companies basically force there distributors not to sell out of their economic area, Hot Toys who make some of the most expensive 1/6 scale figures are a good example of this.

It will be interesting to know if Tamiya sales can justify the creation of a new tank, or if what happened to Hooben will happen to them as well.

Still, if Scotland winds its independance from the UK then it opens up possibilities for new distributors.

So many tanks...So little time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Isn't the M51 a diesel engine?

They probably used that for the long recoil.

~ Jeff

Personally I dont hear especially a diesel engine sound in Tamiya M51 Sherman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roa7A7vR2OA

Tamiya super Sherman engine sound thread on RCU
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10512483

Well before I will decide to spent a great deal of money on Tamiya IS-2 Id like to know what excately was included in this kit. For the time beeing there is probably no oficial Tamiya IS-2 presentation?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Out of curiosity, how much profit does a hobby shop make for each Tamiya 1/16th tank sold in the UK?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The pricing mechanics also baffle me as well; In Japan and certain Asian countries, you could get all Tamiya kits at at least 20% off from list price including latest releases. Go figure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...js_2/index.htm

does not matter the positive or negative comment people are talking with about this kit.
    you like it, you buy it.
    I will

Because I love my hobby.

There is no doubt that china toy companies will get their hands on this and copy it, but those are not for me.
    That's just me, no need to debate about it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: no12skyline

Out of curiosity, how much profit does a hobby shop make for each Tamiya 1/16th tank sold in the UK?
    It is difficult to say with any certainity as every company has different overheads, also a feature is whether the company is VAT registered or not. For example I am not, although probably will be this coming tax year, so I pay 20% taxes at point of sale with the distributor, being VAT registered would mean I could claim this back but would then have to pay 20% back to the VAT man on sold items.It is a lot more work to be VAT registered but it has benefits such as not actually paying the 20% tax until the item sells and being able to claim tax back on things I purchase for the business such as the £1000 I spent on racking a few months back.

The listed price in the distributor price list is actually more than the price you will find in the shops. After complaining about this it was reduced.

So not taking into account things like shop overheads, which can be substantial, you would be looking at around...14% This takes into account VAT and merchant fees but not things like posting the item to the customer or the cost of packing or other business rates. If the shop sold the item on eBay then the profit would be 4%. With this profit margin you are looking at a base price around $270 US higher than prices from Hong Kong checked on US eBay a few moments ago.

So when you think of the cost and the 14% profit and the likelihood of a sale it is really not worth stocking at any other than a special order. Bearing in mind that calculation is based without overheads without me taking the money out as a wage. If I was to take a wage then any monies taken from the company also get hit by income tax which is around 20%.

Queue Poor Dealer Tamiya tank sob story.

That was using the Tiger I.
    So many tanks...So little time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Odd. Tamyia Japan sight clearly shows and lists the DMD 08 and the MF 06 as coming with the kit, same as the KV.
    Robert Herne
    Owner - ETO Armor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wsn123

Some great news!Β*Just spoke with my Tamiya Rep and the JS-2 is scheduled to arrive in the warehouse approx. February 12th, a month earlier than expected - Happy Valentines Day!!!!. Once we receive the kits our pre-order customers will be notified on how they can complete their purchase.Β*Β*
    Β*We will continue to take pre-orders for this tank kit until February 4th.Β*You can pre-order at http://<font color=&#39;&#39;#0000ff&#39;&#39;>http:...eum.com</font>.Β*
    Due to price we will not be stocking this tank.Β*All future orders after the pre-order period will be placed on back order and must be paid for in full at time of ordering.Β*All backorders can take up to 10 business days or more depending on warehouse stock.
    Β*
    Tanks a lot
    Karen/Girltankette
    Good newsΒ*
    What Β*engine sound is recorded inside /what DMD and MF?/

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/Produc...tCode=preorder

''Kit includes DMD Control Unit (T-08) and DMD Multi-Function Unit (MF-07) ''

As it was mentioned before in this thread ,Β* Tamiya Β*MF-07 is Β*the unit (and sound)Β* for Super Sherman tank.Β*

Ooops! This http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...js_2/index.htm shows the MF 06 and the T-08.

Sorry, no Sherman sounds.

~ Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: modeltank

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...js_2/index.htm

does not matter the positive or negative comment people are talking with about this kit.
    you like it, you buy it.
    I will

Because I love my hobby.

There is no doubt that china toy companies will get their hands on this and copy it, but those are not for me.
    That's just me, no need to debate about it
    So its final with DMD Control Unit (T-08) and DMD Multi-Function Unit (MF-06), slightly disappointed with recycling of KV-series electronics,

on the plus side the TU seems like an upgrade with metal/brass gears (they do look alot like Impact TUs), will get 1 anyway

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think changing the speaker or the box might give it a different tone.

But, most Russian tanks 'sound' the same and they all have basically have the same engine so why should it be a different recordings?

~ Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gotta agree with Jeff, the engines in the is-2 and kv-1 are both 12 cylinder diesels so the sound difference isn't going to be huge. Those tus are the standard Tamiya have been using on all tanks baring the early sherm and tiger. Impact tus have fully interchangeable componants with Tamiya.
    Tamiya:leopard 2a6, king tiger, Porsche king tiger, panther g, jagdpanther. Hooben: elefant, t-55. HL panther f, Jagdpanther

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kenneth74

[So its final with DMD Control Unit (T-08) and DMD Multi-Function Unit (MF-06), slightly disappointed with recycling of KV-series electronics,

on the plus side the TU seems like an upgrade with metal/brass gears (they do look alot like Impact TUs), will get 1 anyway

So it is MF-06 not MF-07 as was shown in some shops

Yes Im dissapointed too , especially for such huge price ......

But on the other hand its better than MF-07 and Super Sherman sound ...

"But, most Russian tanks 'sound' the same"

Not excately - it was discussed several times in this thread - listen to the real T-34 and IS-2 tanks and compare it with Tamiya KV-1 engine sound.

As it was mentioned by HAL_HUSKER in this thread before (HAL : thanks for such interesting details)

"KV-1 had V-type 12 cylinder 4 tact diesel engine with liquid cooling - V2K (500 HP). In second half of 1941 KV-1 had V-type 12 cylinder 4 tact carburator engine М-17В (500 HP). This lasted until Spring 1942.

KV-2 V-type 12 cylinder diesel engine with liquid cooling - V2K (500 HP, later it was improved to 600 HP)

IS-2 had V‑type 12 cylinder 4 tact diesel engine V-2IS (different type) - 520 HP"

Im wondering if Asiatam/Taigen KV-1 metal road wheels /late version/ and metal tracks will fit this Tamiya IS-2 too?

Tamiya USA website lists kit number 56035 JS-2 electronics suite as follows: "Kit includes DMD Control Unit (T-08) and DMD Multi-Function Unit (MF-07)"

I noticed one other thing. It looks like there may be two different variations of the JS kit. The 56034 and the 56035. The 56035 is listed on Tamiya's US website for release in the US, the 56034 is listed on Tamiya's Japan website for release in Japan. Perhaps one of the differences between the model numbers is that they've got a different MF unit (unlikley, but possible).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jeff489

Tamiya USA website lists kit number 56035 JS-2 electronics suite as follows: "Kit includes DMD Control Unit (T-08) and DMD Multi-Function Unit (MF-07)"

I noticed one other thing. It looks like there may be two different variations of the JS kit. The 56034 and the 56035. The 56035 is listed on Tamiya's US website for release in the US, the 56034 is listed on Tamiya's Japan website for release in Japan. Perhaps one of the differences between the model numbers is that they've got a different MF unit (unlikley, but possible).

Doubt there's any difference with the tank, probably just different kit numbers for the 2.4 system included kit and no radio included kit.

AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheBennyB

Doubt there's any difference with the tank, probably just different kit numbers for the 27Mhz AM system included kit and no radio included kit.

Yup that's correct, except this is the 1st time it will be packaged with a 2.4GHz radio system, instead of the usual 27MHz system

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just want one!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, I got mine pre-ordered from the Museum. I'll post build photos for you guys when it comes in.

Mr Dana Lowell
    CO: H*E*A*T
    Scale armor: 1969-
    Member #1814 in MVPA: 1977-
    Volunteer at AAF Tank Museum: 2003-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have mine pre-ordered too! too bad i am in afghanistan, won't be able to see it until OCT. I will look forward to your pics of the build!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jeff489

Tamiya USA website lists kit number 56035 JS-2 electronics suite as follows: ''Kit includes DMD Control Unit (T-08) and DMD Multi-Function Unit (MF-07)''Β*

I noticed one other thing.Β* It looks like there may be two different variations of the JS kit.Β* The 56034 and the 56035.Β* The 56035 is listed on Tamiya's US website for release in the US, the 56034 is listed on Tamiya's Japan website for release in Japan.Β* Perhaps one of the differences between the model numbers is that they've got a different MF unit (unlikley, but possible).

So then why is there an image stating differently?

On the link I gave above: http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...js_2/index.htm

Too confusing, I'll tell ya!

~ Jeff

So then why is there an image stating differently?
    That's my point too. We're all very familiar with radio inclusion with full option kits for the Japanese market. That's S.O.P. for Tamiya. No one is talking about radios. I'm talking MF units. I haven't ever noticed different MF units listed between Japan and the US though.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast