Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

VS Tanks 1/72 scale

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 01:40 PM
DeadTom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VS Tanks 1/72 scale

I have 1 set of the 1/72 scale VSTanks from last Christmas and was looking at another set on TowerHobbies and noticed that 2 of the 3 sets listed say Discontinued. Does this mean that VSTanks is doing away with the 1/72 scale? Does anyone know?
My 5yr old grandson and I have been playing with them all year and now my Tiger is acting up and will not operate correctly, in messing around with it I am thinking it might be in the switch. Anyone else have these small tanks and have issues with them?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 PM
DeadTom

Default RE: VS Tanks 1/72 scale

bump
Old 12-22-2012, 05:37 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have three of these, but don't use them much. I ran them around on my Train layout, it was a blast, but I am more of a tinkerer so quickly went back to the big tanks as they satisfy that desire. Sorry I can't help
Old 12-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a set too and I guess I haven't ran them enough to establish issues. I think in time all RTR's will need tinkering, repairs or replacements.

I would email the company about replacement parts. I have to admit, these little tanks are a blast. I am not crazy about the battle reaction and how they operate, but having something so small in RC is way over the top and I was one of the first to get them straight from the manufacturer even before they were being sold elsewhere.

I was just quiet as I didn't want anyone to know I was that much of a tank geek. Now to put some Tamiya gear in it?

~ Jeff
Old 12-22-2012, 11:24 PM
DeadTom

Thanks for looking at the thread guys; my grandson and I also play with my Heng Long IR tanks and he really likes them because of the size.
I wish more people around here were into tanks as I would more than likely upgrade the HL's to the Tamiya gear to compete but my grandson doesn't care as he gets to batlle with his poppa and drive the big tanks.
As far as the little guys I thought during the winter month's we could setup some pretty cool battles and we have until recently, maybe time to contact VSTanks directly to get more information.

Tom
Old 12-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I know how you feel about the lack of people around you, but at least I now know some tankers up North of Indiana are gathering together a club and there's always Michigan to travel to.

But at least you have your grandson to have some fun with as I look at this almost like a train hobbyist... all alone.

~ Jeff
Old 12-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I went onto their website and checked out their news section, from my understanding they are working on a 2.4ghz version for the 1/72 scale. Now don't quote me on this but that is what I interpreted from it. Just a little part of the news section not much else on that size listed.

I pulled this from their website

"This year, we have worked out these new products - VST (Toy Grade RC Tank with rechargeable battery) - 2.4G (VTX-24) yes....finally have fully working sample - VSB (iPhone Bluetooth control tank)" VTX I believe is the 1/72

Cheers,
Wade
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Wade, from my understanding the 1/72 scale is their VSX line of tanks, while the VTX is what they call their transmitters. They had the VTX-7 27MHz which had all the buttons for control, the VTX-10 27MHz which went to the joystick style controller, & now have the new VTX-24, which is their 2.4GHz transmitter.

I do know the 1/24 scale will use the new 2.4GHz VTX-24 controllers on newer tanks, because on Toyeast's wholesaler website (Click Here), the manufacturer of VSTank, they already list the 2.4GHz tanks which will at some point be available to purchase, & they show their Pro Airsoft & IR versions with the 2.4GHz, but haven't listed the VSX 1/72 scale abvailable with 2.4GHz yet. So I'm not sure the 1/72 will be getting 2.4GHz upgrades, though I guess it's possible.

~ Craig ~
Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Well this goes to show how much I know about the VS tanks now doesn't it lol. Thanks Craig for that input, I don't want to mislead the guy.

Cheers
Wade
Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM
DeadTom

Thanks for looking into this as I have had no luck in getting any information from their website and since TowerHobbies seems to be the only US retailer who sells them and they said they were "discontnued" it kind of made me question the little 1/72 scale tanks future.
It would be very nice to make these little guys 2.4 ghz as then we could run more than 4 at a time....in retrospect I then would need to recruit more people to tank with.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:10 PM
DeadTom

Ok, now I can get onto the VSTank site. The last several times I tried I could not access the site I have joined their website and they are still advertising the 1/72 scale but nothing was noted about being 2.4ghz...too bad.