Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Noobie needs help with my HL Tiger!!

Hi guys, sorry if my questions are ignorant, but I'm new to tanking as I said on a previous post (thanks for all the introductions and information everyone), but I'm having an issue with my HL Tiger. I originally had an issue with the left track running at a slower rate than the right and in while opening up the tank and trying to fix it, I'm not sure if I messed something up or not. Now I can't get the tank to receive information from the transceiver. I originally changed out the crystals with my M26 to see if the driver motor issue was due to a bad transceiver, but it didn't help. So I opened it up to take a look... appears that the left engine engages at a different sensitivity than the right, hence, the tank wants to contually go to the left.... BUT... that's the small issue now as I can't even start it up now since it doesn't seem to recognize the transceiver. I can turn it on, and the lights start blinking like it's waiting to start up, but I can't get transceiver to communicate with the tank.. ie, I push the engine start button on the transceiver and nothing happens.
    I talked to the guys at the local hobby store and they aren't very knowledgeable about this.
    I know that's a little rambly for a explanation.
    Any help would be appreciated, even if it means installing a 2.4 ghz receiver or something.
    Thanks,
    Adam

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Noobie needs help with my HL Tiger!!

you know those slides next to the sticks on the transmitter on the hand set?.....move them around, you should notice differances in how the tank moves.......

another hl issue.....they have been known to not have the same number of links from one side to another on the tracks....this will also effect how the tank drives....
    That which does not destroy me just makes me more irritable

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

are crystals the same numbers and is one is a TX and one an RX well the TX goes in the radio and the RX goes into the reciever in the tank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the feedback.  I actually took the tracks off and opened it up and looked at the engines and gears cause I thought there might be grime or something in the gears... that's when I saw that it was actually the left motor turning on at a different sensitivity.  I tried the 'trim' controls, but that wasn't really helping.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To elminate the radio vs. gearboxes issue... Swap the motor wires on the board (label them first since you are new to this) left to right and right to left. Then try the tank again. That will tell you whether it is the TUs or radio. I'm betting you a cold one that it is not the radio since you tried adjusting the trims left and right. TUs need to breaking and be lubed. Also rotate the drove sprockets by hand (Tank switched off) and see is them "feel" the same. Also run one TU with the other disconected and see if they sound the same. A little tweaking and lube may resolve ths issue. Make sure the TU gears are aligned and the Idler wheels roll freely. Let me know. Good luck.
    Join us at NEAD: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queenspanzergroup/
    He who ends up with the most toys wins!!!