RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Torro KV-2

Reply
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 AM
  #1
MAUS45
Thread Starter
 
MAUS45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Old Hickory, TN
Posts: 2,513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Torro KV-2

Are their any vendors that have these in the US or Canada? Very cool BeutPanzer and Box!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Torro-1-16...item3ccd7f9ee8
MAUS45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM
  #2
tisaksen
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Holmestrand, NORWAY
Posts: 70
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

Ooh, niiiiiiice :-)
tisaksen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
  #3
YHR
 
YHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CANADA
Posts: 8,975
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

WOW that is getting up there in cost. I wish they would ditch the radio. I certainly don't need that. They need to offer these without electronics for those of us who are fully stocked with Radio gear.

Nice looking tank.
YHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
  #4
Ronan87
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal, QC, CANADA
Posts: 424
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

+1. No paint job, electronics, keep the giant wooden case.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: YHR

WOW that is getting up there in cost. I wish they would ditch the radio. I certainly don't need that. They need to offer these without electronics for those of us who are fully stocked with Radio gear.

Nice looking tank.
Ronan87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
  #5
MAUS45
Thread Starter
 
MAUS45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Old Hickory, TN
Posts: 2,513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

I hear you Dan. I would love to get one of these without the electronics, just the drive motors/gearboxs for the turret traverse and TU's. Everything else would be replaced anyway!
MAUS45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
  #6
CCC2012
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: , TX
Posts: 208
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

damn....i want one...
CCC2012 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
  #7
gorehound
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: HighlandsScotland, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 628
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

The cheaper way of doing it is this one

[link=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Torro-KV-2-German-754-R-Variant-Turret-Accessory-Set-BB-1-16-RC-Tanks-/290815078310?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item43b5edefa6]KV-2 Conversion[/link]

cheers
gorehound is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM
  #8
Onondaga
 
Onondaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chester, VA
Posts: 127
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

They have been available on the Tankzone website for sometime. http://www.tankzone.co.uk/
Onondaga is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
  #9
MAUS45
Thread Starter
 
MAUS45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Old Hickory, TN
Posts: 2,513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

My original question was, "Are their any vendors that have these in the US or Canada?" I pulled the photo I posted from UK Evilbay so I knew they were in Britain. Just hoping some one closer had them. I am in the Colonies/U.S. Onondaga!!! It cost a small fortune to have them shipped across the pond. Once that is done the cost is equal to a Tamiya F/O kit with some nice metal tracks and maybe some other nice metal mod's. I do appreciate your post though, just my attempt at humor me boy oh!!!
MAUS45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM
  #10
gorehound
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: HighlandsScotland, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 628
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

Hi

No problem, knew you wanted one in US but if none were forthcoming the kit is a cheaper option and a lot cheaper to ship over the pond

cheers
gorehound is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:43 PM
  #11
Ronan87
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal, QC, CANADA
Posts: 424
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

Kit is 30 pound cheaper... Thats not much of a 'deal'. They must have insane assembling/painting lines!
Ronan87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 AM
  #12
Strato50
 
Strato50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamilton, ON, CANADA
Posts: 1,399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

Ordered mine in pieces from rctank.de...

So as far as I know, no domestic retailers :\
Strato50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 AM
  #13
Ronan87
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal, QC, CANADA
Posts: 424
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

How much was shipping?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Strato50

Ordered mine in pieces from rctank.de...

So as far as I know, no domestic retailers :\
Ronan87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 PM
  #14
Strato50
 
Strato50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamilton, ON, CANADA
Posts: 1,399
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ronan87

How much was shipping?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Strato50

Ordered mine in pieces from rctank.de...

So as far as I know, no domestic retailers :\
Sorry for the delay!

A complete hull & turret & transmissions, 47 euro shipping :|

Got it in about a week to Canada.
Strato50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 PM
  #15
STO_118
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Aberdeen, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 197
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

We can order these in but shipping to the USA will come in around £50 and around £55 to Canada using FedEx. 

A cheaper alternative may be to just buy the KV-2 turret with accessories (racks, jerry cans etc), this can be posted out fairly cheaply. You can then use whatever lower parts, electronics you want to. 

Quote:
Kit is 30 pound cheaper... Thats not much of a 'deal'. They must have insane assembling/painting lines!

The kit is around £390 cheaper

The electronics don't really add a great deal to the overall price of the tank, and every individual component is already available, not including the crate, should you wish to buy one unpainted. 
STO_118 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 AM
  #16
Ronan87
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal, QC, CANADA
Posts: 424
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2


Quote:
ORIGINAL: STO_118

We can order these in but shipping to the USA will come in around £50 and around £55 to Canada using FedEx.
A cheaper alternative may be to just buy the KV-2 turret with accessories (racks, jerry cans etc), this can be posted out fairly cheaply. You can then use whatever lower parts, electronics you want to.
Quote:
Kit is 30 pound cheaper... Thats not much of a 'deal'. They must have insane assembling/painting lines!

The kit is around £390 cheaper

The electronics don't really add a great deal to the overall price of the tank, and every individual component is already available, not including the crate, should you wish to buy one unpainted.
I see for the KIT Kit:£449.90, RTR£479

That's
£30 not£390... Unless i'm missing something?

I
would prefer a kit, i love building kits, so much more fullfilling
Ronan87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM
  #17
MAUS45
Thread Starter
 
MAUS45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Old Hickory, TN
Posts: 2,513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

I think what STO_118 is talking about was the turret kit alone at 64.00 vs the complete Tank at 479.00. That comes out at 412.00 less expensive but one needs to have a HL KV-1 to use with the turret kit. An HL KV-1 here in the U.S. can be had for 100-150 dollars. So even if you add the tank from the U.S. to the Kit from England it is still less expensive. Would really like to have the cool box though!!!
MAUS45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
  #18
YHR
 
YHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CANADA
Posts: 8,975
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2


Quote:
ORIGINAL: MAUS45

I think what STO_118 is talking about was the turret kit alone at 64.00 vs the complete Tank at 479.00. That comes out at 412.00 less expensive but one needs to have a HL KV-1 to use with the turret kit. An HL KV-1 here in the U.S. can be had for 100-150 dollars. So even if you add the tank from the U.S. to the Kit from England it is still less expensive. Would really like to have the cool box though!!!


They have that box in kit form at Home depot
YHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 PM
  #19
Ronan87
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal, QC, CANADA
Posts: 424
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

Ahhh ok, not what i was talking about.

But yes, the turret alone = cheaper

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MAUS45

I think what STO_118 is talking about was the turret kit alone at 64.00 vs the complete Tank at 479.00. That comes out at 412.00 less expensive but one needs to have a HL KV-1 to use with the turret kit. An HL KV-1 here in the U.S. can be had for 100-150 dollars. So even if you add the tank from the U.S. to the Kit from England it is still less expensive. Would really like to have the cool box though!!!
Ronan87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
  #20
MAUS45
Thread Starter
 
MAUS45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Old Hickory, TN
Posts: 2,513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

Thanks, Dan! I will have to check that out. What isle is it on, hardware? [8D] If I find it and it is not real expensive I will get one. Of course I will then need to make some cool Stencils to put the name of the Tank it is carrying inside as well!!! Seems there is always something out there to separate us from our money???
MAUS45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
  #21
Panther F
 
Panther F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 9,280
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2


Quote:
ORIGINAL: YHR


They have that box in kit form at Home depot

So, how much is the box at Home Depot?













~ Jeff
Panther F is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM
  #22
YHR
 
YHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CANADA
Posts: 8,975
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

It is a craftsman kit. Buy, measure, cut, install hardware, no instructions
YHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
  #23
MAUS45
Thread Starter
 
MAUS45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Old Hickory, TN
Posts: 2,513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

So it is a kit with no instructions, or are you being funny and telling me to make my own? [X(]
MAUS45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:19 PM
  #24
YHR
 
YHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CANADA
Posts: 8,975
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MAUS45

So it is a kit with no instructions, or are you being funny and telling me to make my own? [X(]

Sorry. I was trying to be funny I know pretty obscure.

YHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
  #25
MAUS45
Thread Starter
 
MAUS45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Old Hickory, TN
Posts: 2,513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torro KV-2

Ok, Funny man!!! Now my emotions have swung from high to low with this funny yet depressing news. Was it Ross Perot that said," Measure twice and cut once."? You are correct Dan. If I had the measurements it would be easy to make. Somebody in this forum has one. Maybe they will measure it and share?
MAUS45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:38 AM.