Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Benedini TBSmini - Clark TK20E tandem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Benedini TBSmini - Clark TK20E tandem

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
reyemmanuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benedini TBSmini - Clark TK20E tandem

Hello Dan and anyone who is interested in interfacing the Clark TK20 with Benedini TBS mini,
Would Dan or anyone be able to show here (or on youtube) how the Clark board interfaces with the TBS mini?
I'm inclined to think that tankers with Clark's TK20 may strongly consider getting the TBSmini alongst with the programming cable, and perhaps a few sound files.

This thread may also be a good reference point for anyone who wishes to thread on this route.
kind regards,
Rey
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Benedini TBSmini - Clark TK20E tandem

It is really quite simple, but all you can get is the engine sound and maybe a machine gun sound . You run the servo cable from receiver channels that control the esc through the Prop 1 port on the TBS. You then tie in the speaker out through the Clark amp, and you can get some pretty earth shattering volume out of it. You rely on the Clark board of the cannon and battle sounds.

This is possible because the clark board instantly engages when the board has power, and the tank moves even when you don't start the engine. I made use of this feature to utilize the Benedini for customized sound. You just never start the Clark sound file for the engine and use the Benedini instead
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Baron Fel

YAR, That dosn't sound ez at all. LOL. I glad your on here to explain things, I lear alot from you.

Tony Oglesby

<o></o>

Manager<o></o>

Big Boy Toys Airsoft<o></o>

3720-A Battleground Ave<o></o>

Greensboro NC 27410<o></o>

work: 336-617-6765 Cell: 704-787-2367<o></o>

<o style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;"></o>

www.bigboytoysairsoft.com
<o></o>

www.facebook.com/BigBoyToysAirsoft

Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM
YHR

One diagram would simplifiy it I sent my boards back the other day. Once they are returned I can take some pictures and show how it is done.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
reyemmanuel

ORIGINAL: YHR

One diagram would simplifiy it I sent my boards back the other day. Once they are returned I can take some pictures and show how it is done.
Thanks, that'll help Dan. I do however am caught up between getting Tam electroniks and Clark-Benedini no later than this Saturday.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
reyemmanuel

Hi Dan,

My Leopard 1 is set for Clark-Benedini.

I see that Tami MFU 3 does the Leo engine sound no justice. The Beir module does sound awesome, but I would like the flexibility of the Clark board than the RX18s.

It seems that the Clark board does engine revs, see time stamp 0:54. I was wondering if this function, coupled to Benedini TBS mini would be awesome to hear!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEZIx...l4EEGw&index=1

cheers,
Rey

Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: reyemmanuel

Hi Dan,

My Leopard 1 is set for Clark-Benedini.

I see that Tami MFU 3 does the Leo engine sound no justice. The Beir module does sound awesome, but I would like the flexibility of the Clark board than the RX18s.

It seems that the Clark board does engine revs, see time stamp 0:54. I was wondering if this function, coupled to Benedini TBS mini would be awesome to hear!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEZIx...l4EEGw&index=1

cheers,
Rey

Hi, Ray,

What track gear box you are using on your leopard? if it need some modification to install?

Regards,
Clark

Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM
reyemmanuel

Hi Clark,

I used the 1st Gen Tamiya Tiger Gearbox (Nylon-Metal hybrid). I had this gearbox for my Tamiya Tiger 1 coupled to a 280 motor and 2-stage planetary gearing (very slow speeds 6-9 kph). This gearbox was made available when I upgraded the Tiger's gearbox to Impact/Mitosal's TU2 with 480 motors (scale speed now at 28 kph).

The motors in this Leopard 1 are not Tamiya's 380 but HL's 380s, but I reckon both are the same. Scale top speed is about 35 kph, which is I think nice off road battle speed. Using this tandem, the movements are very smooth, way much smoother than mitosals TUs, tamiyas orig or w/ DDGs, asiatam 3/4:1 or HLs standard.

By the way, Clark I was wondering if it'll be possible to get Leopard 1 TK22 board up and running much earlier than the M1s? I believe there would be heaps of guys who have Leos needing upgrade. I'd be very interested to put in an order the soonest.

And if you could take advantage of the pseudo rev sound when Channels 1/2 are used together with 3/4 (much like the one I pressed at time stamp 0:54 in my video), to simulate the high rev sounds in the Beir sound module as per below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAe0Hw_FMA0

it'll be a real treat...

I see a lot of Leo owners happy if this be realised.

cheers,
Rey
Old 01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
YHR

When using the Benedini with the Clark, you let the Benedini handle the engine sounds, and the Benedini has its own way of allowing revs without the tank moving. SO you would not use any of the Clark engine sounds.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 AM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: reyemmanuel

Hi Clark,

I used the 1st Gen Tamiya Tiger Gearbox (Nylon-Metal hybrid). I had this gearbox for my Tamiya Tiger 1 coupled to a 280 motor and 2-stage planetary gearing (very slow speeds 6-9 kph). This gearbox was made available when I upgraded the Tiger's gearbox to Impact/Mitosal's TU2 with 480 motors (scale speed now at 28 kph).

The motors in this Leopard 1 are not Tamiya's 380 but HL's 380s, but I reckon both are the same. Scale top speed is about 35 kph, which is I think nice off road battle speed. Using this tandem, the movements are very smooth, way much smoother than mitosals TUs, tamiyas orig or w/ DDGs, asiatam 3/4:1 or HLs standard.

By the way, Clark I was wondering if it'll be possible to get Leopard 1 TK22 board up and running much earlier than the M1s? I believe there would be heaps of guys who have Leos needing upgrade. I'd be very interested to put in an order the soonest.

And if you could take advantage of the pseudo rev sound when Channels 1/2 are used together with 3/4 (much like the one I pressed at time stamp 0:54 in my video), to simulate the high rev sounds in the Beir sound module as per below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAe0Hw_FMA0

it'll be a real treat...

I see a lot of Leo owners happy if this be realised.

cheers,
Rey

Thanks, Rey,

I thought I can have a plug and play gear box for Leo1.

It won't be too long for Leo1 version TK22 release, we have all files needed, just need to put them together and tune the quality a little bit

To achieve the engine effect as shown in this video will boost cost a lot, TK series will no longer be a board for everyone. so the best way is to have BEIER to work with TK board(have engine sound off) if you need that engine sound effect.

Regards,
Clark

Old 01-25-2013, 06:10 PM
reyemmanuel

Hi Dan,

Order for TBS mini and cable sent through paypal. Looking forward to getting this tandem and give my Leo awesome engine sounds and revs.

A write-up/video of the benedini tbs mini engine rev from your tanks would be nice to have =) wink wink

ORIGINAL: YHR

When using the Benedini with the Clark, you let the Benedini handle the engine sounds, and the Benedini has its own way of allowing revs without the tank moving. SO you would not use any of the Clark engine sounds.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
reyemmanuel

[/quote]

Thanks, Rey,

I thought I can have a plug and play gear box for Leo1.

It won't be too long for Leo1 version TK22 release, we have all files needed, just need to put them together and tune the quality a little bit

To achieve the engine effect as shown in this video will boost cost a lot, TK series will no longer be a board for everyone. so the best way is to have BEIER to work with TK board(have engine sound off) if you need that engine sound effect.

Regards,
Clark

[/quote]

Hi Clark,

Awaiting your Leo 1 TK22 release...hopefully that'll be before March. For the time-being, my KT and Leo would share the TK20E-T1 unitil your leo 1 release. =)

Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 PM
YHR

When you set up the Benedini, and program it you map your throttle drive. YOu can set the start voltage that begins the rev sounds. The trick is to map the stick so the rev sound is played prior to the whells breaking loose, and the tank moving.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 AM
reyemmanuel

Received my benedini today, and the V10 engine coupled to Visaton FRS8 is just awesome. Thanks heaps Dan, u made me a very happy tanker.

Have you received your clark board yet? It'll be very good if you could illustrate a wiring diagram for reference.

Oh, just 2 question, Have you found way to use a single speaker for this tandem? I am currently using two, one for the clark and another for the tbs mini.

And lastly, as the FRS8-Benedini is just so loud, how do you test your unit without waking up the neighbors? This thing is way too loud, it'll drown out the other tanks in the battlefield.=)
A volume pot perhaps?

PS: Connections are as below:

Turnigy CH1->Clark CH4
Turnigy CH2->Clark CH3
Turnigy CH3->Benidini TBS Mini Prop 1 in
Turnigy CH4->Clark CH1

Benidini TBSmini Prop 1 out>Clark CH2 (THIS IS THE ENGINE SOUND)
Benidini TBSmini Prop 2>Turnigy CH6 (mapped as HOV THR (TRN) (THIS IS THE ENGINE REV SOUND)
Benidini TBSmini Prop 3>Turnigy CH5 (mapped as PIT TRIM) (THIS IS THE SOUND SELECTION)

Clark sounds played through VIsation FRS7
Benedini sounds played through VIsation FRS8

will attach pics next post

cheers,
Rey
Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 AM
reyemmanuel

as pics won't attach, see pics as per link:
http://hobbyhavoc.com/forum/index.php?topic=1994.0

will get test footage soon
Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 AM
YHR

Glad you are happy with it. Yes you can wire up a volume pot between the speaker output and the speaker. I have done this on a couple of tanks. There was a shipping problem on my supply of Benedini Programming cables, so I am still waiting on them. The Benedini volume can be programmed with this cable. Ie you can set the volume of the engine sound and the cannon sound independantly of one another.

You can have the output of Benedini go through the Clark amp. You do this the same way Darkith describes hooking up his sound chip through the RX18. You will need a capacitor and a load leveling resister to match the volume of the Benedini with the Clark. You can then control the sound through the Clark volume pot.

Yes I have my Clark boards back, but haven't had time to do anything with them yet. I have a T-55 that will get one of these.

My wife sometimes gets a little grumpy with me, when I am building sound files and testing them. Normally I play these at reduced volume, but for final testing I need to see what it can do. I have a 3 inch Aura speaker that really pushes out a good base response, better then the Visatron speakers. As much as this annoyes the wife, she has commented that the sound is pretty good as there is a real "Feel" to the sound. .

Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 AM
reyemmanuel

Indeed, happy with the TBS mini. Will do wire up a 22K pot to make the commander n chief happy as well. She actually liked driving the Leo with the engine sounds, and can't help do a lot of revs-to the point the Gen1 TU broke. Huhuhu, can't do video footage for now but now have an excuse for an impact TU3 and permax480 upgrade.

No probs with the prog cable, I had orderd from Hobbyking-as i needed to get the Orange RXv2 3 axis stabiliser and couple of goodies.
I am however getting DBC3 when you have them back for my Abrams n Leo2. This TK20E needs to go back to the KT. Hopefully Clark can produce TK22 Leo1 soon.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:35 AM
reyemmanuel

Test 1: battlearmorrc pre-load engine sound and revs with turnigy 9x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlwBvAJ5uS4
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Code501

Hello,

I'm new here on the forums and I have learned quite a bit from watching this thread.

I too wanted to run the Benedini sound output through the Clark TK-22 amplifier.

I made this diagram and tested it. But now I hear the Benedini just fine and the Clark sounds are heavily degraded. Is this diagram correct or should it be different?

Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 AM
Code501

This set-up is performing better:

Isn't there someone who has a better working set-up?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 AM
reyemmanuel

Hi Code501,

Welcome.

YHR would be the man to talk to here. I myself also wants to play the Benedini through the Clark's amplifier. Perhaps a diagram much likes yours would be nice. Post some pics and vids of your Clark-Benedini tandem as well if you can.

cheers,
Rey
Old 03-25-2013, 04:32 AM
YHR

Hi Code

I have been busy and I never caught your request before now.

My KV1s has the Benedini wired into the Clark board, and only uses one speaker. It is very simple. Pin 3 on the Clark connected to Speaker plus on Benedini through a 25K resistor. hArdly worth drawing a diagram for.

This utilizes the standard volume control pot that comes with the HL tank
Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 AM
Code501

@Rey:

I will post some pics and video's of my Tiger when I have received my TK22-T1 from Clark.

@YHR:

Well that's simpler than I could have ever imagined. Thanks for the explanation. Just for the fun of it, a diagram:

Do you recommend a certain speaker? 4 or 8 Ohms?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 AM
reyemmanuel

As I'm now happy with the tank speed, functionality and engine sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWGbSGRWAew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSh-H6Fv3O8

...will now move on to retaining dual speakers, with FRS8-8 solely for engine sounds. this I plan to to take Strm54's acoustic smoker idea to this tandem.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 AM
strmnd54

I like what you've done with the Clark/Benedini combo so much that I'm following your footsteps for this one...

Already got my TK-22 from Curtis and have a Benedini in back order from Dan....

I plan to design a small mixer: So the front speaker will play a mix of the clark sound effets & the benedini engine sounds; and the rear speaker will play the benedini only ( for pumping the smoke).
This way; only the engine sound will show at the exhausts ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.