Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

FRAG – WSD (WESTERN SLOPE DIVISION) Battle day

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

FRAG – WSD (WESTERN SLOPE DIVISION) Battle day

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts
Default FRAG – WSD (WESTERN SLOPE DIVISION) Battle day

The Western Slope Division of FRAG had a battle today in my back yard.Three tankers attended.I set up some firewood rounds as a “village” and we did a battle that morphed from a one on one, into a two against one, and then finally a free for all.Every tank was knocked out several times.We also took turns driving each other’s tanks.He drove my Leo and I got to drive his Sherman.It was great fun.
I have been very lucky to have one of the members of FRAG move over to the western slope of the Rockies so now I have someone to battle with that is only an hour and a half away.Much better than the six hour drive over the continental divide to Denver.He drove up to Ridgway today for a visit and a battle.It was great!We talked tanks in my shop for a while then after lunch went out to the yard and blasted away at each other till it was time for him to drive back home.
We plan to bounce back and forth from his house to mine for little battles (skirmishes) about once a month.His son could not make this trip but he is the same age as my boy so we will have two dads and two kids in our group.Perfect!
My wife took this picture of us battling and as you can see it was a pretty plain field.That did not stop us from having a good time.
We also discussed the possibility of a field trip to DAK in Arizona to battle with those guys.From where we are in Colorado we are almost as close to DAK as we are to FRAG.Sometime in the spring when our mountains are clothed in snow and mud would be a good time to battle in the Arizona sun.
Pah co chu puk- WSD ( Weapons of slight destruction)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14305.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1825880  
Old 12-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: FRAG – WSD (WESTERN SLOPE DIVISION) Battle day

Well I'm glad to see that you two have hooked up. Get out there and find some more tankers........maybe grab a few skiiers off the slopes. LOL But....don't forget where home is.......the FRAG Field. We expect to see you two guys over here at least once next year. PP
Old 12-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Pah co chu puk

We talked about carpooling over the mtns, it will help us both get over there more often. 

It's hard to demonstrate battle tanks by my self but with him around we can do battles others can watch perhaps getting more folks interested in tanks.  I have a friend here with two sons who may be a good victim for a tank adiction.  

There is no snow on the slopes, Telluride is dry so all the skiers are in the bars.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad you guys had a good time now you will have to make some buildings...lol
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Andy Antipas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a fun day out and I'm looking forward to future training battles with our young recruits before we return to the FRAG field. It is always humbling to have one's bottom kicked by a seven year old! We enjoyed amazing weather for December! Paul, you haven't seen the last of us!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
treadhead

Today was a VERY nice day (1-19-13). Sunday is supposed to be almost as nice. Planning on getting the Pershing out and running it around the yard. Might even chase the dogs, haha. Of course, might have to go with the wife to the stock show. Should be fun no matter what.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome aboard treadhead!

Nice to have ya.

~ Jeff
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Pah co chu puk

Welcome treadhead.
Good to know it's nice over there. We have about a foot or so of snow in the yard over here with high temps. in the teens. The snow is still too soft for tanks except in the street and on trails I made, but I have had my snow cat out some.

Today should be nice, we expect to get above freezing!

You should hook up with panzerpaul and FRAG and we can meet and battle next summer when I come over the divide to play with those guys.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17789.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1842497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76002.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1842498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75857.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1842499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24369.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1842500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50739.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1842501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40838.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1842502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76760.jpg
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1842503   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23711.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1842504  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72799.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1842505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24797.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1842506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20941.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1842507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67919.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1842508  
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Plenty of room on the DAK field. We'd be happy to see y'all !
Old 01-21-2013, 03:57 PM
treadhead

Pah co chu puk ,
You came out hear to the Front Range last summer and I had a chance to meet you. Hope you come back this year.  I finally got my Pershing running and it looks okay. Not near as good as PanzerPaul's but since this is my first tank I am happy about how it turned out.  I will admit that it is not the best and I did break and lost some small parts but hey, it runs and shoots. At the last battleday the found that the turrant wold not turn but  Paul helped me out. 
Today I got the tank out and ran it around the yard and sidewalk just to have a little fun. Chased the dogs some but they ran faster than the tank. That dang corgi is small but fast. The danes just hopped over it and kept going. They wanted no part of it. All in all it was a good day.
Hi edoubleaz,
A friend of mine lives down there in Maricopa. Was planning to visit them over the Christmas holidays but could not work it out with the wife and granddaughters. Had to babysit ya know.  I wanted to visit with your guys and see your setup and run around the field. Who knows, I may get down there yet. BTW, like your website.