Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Source of WSN T-34 Parts?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Source of WSN T-34 Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Source of WSN T-34 Parts?

Hey guys,

Since the WSN T-34/85s are pretty much sold out everywhere I looked, I'm considering scratchbuilding my own. The hull and turret itself are pretty easy to build due to the shape of the tank, so I figured I should look for the wheels and tracks. The only place I've found so far that stocks the tracks is rctank.de, but I can't seem to find the roadwheels (metal or plastic) anywhere. Does anyone know of a good online source for these parts?

Torro-Shop.de seems to have the T-34 in stock but I'm not sure about their customer service... has anyone ordered from them? Another option would be to convert a Trumpeter 1/16 static kit to RC for about the same price.

Any thoughts?

Nate

P.S: Oh how I wish HL would release a T-34!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Source of WSN T-34 Parts?

PM Sent
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are lots of rumours about HL and Mato both coming out with one, with the Mato one being metal, So maybe your wish will become a reality
Old 01-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

That's REALLY why I have delayed working on my T34 "projects" as I already have some money wrapped up into it and need to go a little further but the thought of a metal lower hull has me curious, so on with the Shermans, finish up the Panther (which I am racing to finish) and then maybe we'll know more?

I REALLY need to get some kind of non-battle type vehicle RC'd, like a soft skin or a truck... since I already have some half-tracks. But that's another subject.

I just wonder if the rumored metal T34 is going to be a rip of the WSN (as a T-34/85) or a new 76MM version? Either way, it'll be a great tank for both sides.

~ Jeff
Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Captain Nemo12

I'm aware of the rumour surrounding the potential HL T-34, but with the upcoming release of their Leopard and ZTZ-99, it seems to me that they are inching more towards modern tanks rather than WWII ones. Then again, who knows...

An all metal hull would be out of my budget. Judging by the price of their metal Panzer III, the T-34 should be similarly priced. A plastic HL release with metal tracks would be perfect.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Captain Nemo12

Hey guys,

Since the WSN T-34/85s are pretty much sold out everywhere I looked, I'm considering scratchbuilding my own. The hull and turret itself are pretty easy to build due to the shape of the tank, so I figured I should look for the wheels and tracks. The only place I've found so far that stocks the tracks is rctank.de, but I can't seem to find the roadwheels (metal or plastic) anywhere. Does anyone know of a good online source for these parts?

Torro-Shop.de seems to have the T-34 in stock but I'm not sure about their customer service... has anyone ordered from them? Another option would be to convert a Trumpeter 1/16 static kit to RC for about the same price.

Any thoughts?

Nate

P.S: Oh how I wish HL would release a T-34!!

here you go.....

http://legendshobbies.com/catalog/pr...envgretc15lr05

these are wsn tanks with out the guts, I have both t34 and the tiger. They even have the gearhouse housings but they are empty....
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Martellus

Is that a static model or rc version?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

R/C with no electronics or drive gear boxes.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
mustclime

ORIGINAL: Martellus

they are the rc versions without any of the guts.....the suspension is still working, the turret ring has teeth for the motor to turn the turret, the gearbox housings are there without any gears..........these guys have put out a static version using the rc tank as a base.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Captain Nemo12

Thanks for the link! I did not know that this company existed, but I think with the shipping fee it will actually cost more than a static Trumpeter 1/16 T-34 shipped from E-bay. From what I've seen the Trumpeter kit has more details too.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Captain Nemo12

ORIGINAL: mustclime

ORIGINAL: Martellus

they are the rc versions without any of the guts.....the suspension is still working, the turret ring has teeth for the motor to turn the turret, the gearbox housings are there without any gears..........these guys have put out a static version using the rc tank as a base.
You mentioned that the Merit International tanks do not have the gearbox with gears, but are the gears encircled in the picture below still present? If so, they would make converting the tank to RC much easier!

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13185.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1841815  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
mustclime

yes, they are there, they hold the "drive wheels" on so you get them.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Devildog0341Va

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sothisto mewouldbetter right?What I mean is that most of the complaints I hear is that the R/C electronics are not that great and thegearing is problematic, so with this you could just install the internals of your choice with a radio and go. Please correct me if i am wrong. I did not know that this was a r/c with no guts.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 AM
mustclime

ORIGINAL: Devildog0341Va

Sothisto mewouldbetter right?What I mean is that most of the complaints I hear is that the R/C electronics are not that great and thegearing is problematic, so with this you could just install the internals of your choice with a radio and go. Please correct me if i am wrong. I did not know that this was a r/c with no guts.
There is more to it than that...you have to get the turret working with gun elevation and recoil...if you use a hl turret motor you will have tochange the loctions of the mounting tabs....and there thereis the hull...DT has a whole list of things that he changes to make these good runners like stiffing up the lower hull withmetal plates, new metal suspension swing arms, and adjustable idlers.........

truth be known, the lower hull on the wsn's are much thiner plastic than the hl's, stockthere is a tonof play in the swingarms....the t34can be great battle tankbut not with out bunch of work imo.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Like I said in an earlier thread, ANYTHING can be made to work.

You might end up with a money pit, but there it sits. And DT makes some suspension arms... $80 bucks but then you have bearings on your T34.

~ Jeff
Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Captain Nemo12

ORIGINAL: mustclime

yes, they are there, they hold the ''drive wheels'' on so you get them.
Thanks! That is great news, I'll finish with my Panzer III right now and hopefully I'll acquire one of these or a HL/Mato release in the future!

Nate
Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM
STO_118

There are lots of rumours about HL and Mato both coming out with one, with the Mato one being metal

The Heng Long version will most likely be due 2014 at the earliest. The Mato T-34 is on hold until the Heng Long tank is released as ideally we need to see if upgrade parts can be made to fit both tanks. 

I just wonder if the rumored metal T34 is going to be a rip of the WSN (as a T-34/85) or a new 76MM version? Either way, it'll be a great tank for both sides.

The tank was going to be a late war 85mm affair. The former WSN tank was a good tank, it offered a high level of detail, rubber road wheels and opening hatches unfortunately since its progenitor was the model kit it also inherited a weak lower chassis. I was hoping to keep as much of the detail of the WSN as possible although the lower chassis, gearbox, suspension would all be redesigned. 

Personally I am a big fan of opening hatches as you can probably see on their Panzer III, I harassed them to make them all open, even if they don't really add anything to the tank and make production a little more difficult. 

Once the initial tank was complete the plan was to move onto to making a 76mm turret, although I have a feeling space might be a little tight. The lower chassis are roughly the same between them. Since variations tended to come from where they were built rather than an overall plan the most obvious differences you will find on the road wheel design. With a decent lower chassis completed it also opened the door for a SU-85 and SU-100. 

As mentioned earlier on hold with no real date in mind, other projects are being worked on now so don't worry they are keeping busy and after the next release it won't be German. 

Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Captain Nemo12

Just ordered a Merit International T-34, couldn't resist!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How much was shipping if you don't mind me asking??
Old 01-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Captain Nemo12

Bought it from Squadron, including shipping to Montreal, the total came out to ~69$!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 AM
sassgrunt
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Nate. I recently decided to convert a T-34 into a T-44, and spent a lot of time replacing the stock gearbox with ones from a Tamiya M26. I'm glad that I did it, but would not want to do it again - it was not fun. Anyway, I still have the unused stock gearbox, and you're welcome to it if you want it (unless you're going to upgrade yours with something better). -Mike
Old 01-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Captain Nemo12

Mike,

PM sent!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:48 PM
mustclime

ORIGINAL: sassgrunt

Hey Nate. I recently decided to convert a T-34 into a T-44, and spent a lot of time replacing the stock gearbox with ones from a Tamiya M26. I'm glad that I did it, but would not want to do it again - it was not fun. Anyway, I still have the unused stock gearbox, and you're welcome to it if you want it (unless you're going to upgrade yours with something better). -Mike

For an out of the box T44.....get a t55 and the kv85 turret......boom, t44
Old 01-19-2013, 09:43 PM
sassgrunt
My Feedback: (1)

Mustclime, I agree that your suggestion is probably the easiest way to arrive at a T-44. Unfortunately, sometimes a fixed-income helps to make the decision to start with a WSN T-34 and go from there. Other than adapting the Pershing gearboxes, it has been pretty straightforward so far.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

when i did my T-34 i put the HL Panther metal gear boxes in i never looked into the Pershing Gear boxes maybe if the don't require chopping the rear hull apart i might put them into my other T-34 when i decide to do that one, i also have the WSN Tiger one i want to one day work on that to put in some metal gear boxes, does anyone have photos of pershing gear boxes in there T-34 i like to see and hear what you had to do to get them in

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.