Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Sherman or Hooben Elefant?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Sherman or Hooben Elefant?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Sherman or Hooben Elefant?

I'm looking into new motors for the Sherman. I heard they don't have the torque. I heard MPI Promax 480 are drop in motors. Do they give the torque needed? Got the bearings, Idlers, Chassis stiffener. Final drive covers, and the metal arm for the gun on order. I'm looking to see if there are any more important mechanical upgrades for the Sherman( eliminating weaknesses). I'll get to the cosmetics later in the build.

Anybody having any problems with running 2S LiPOs? What size are you using? Are you running a regulator for the receiver?

Freaky, I will order a Hooben Elefant and Clark TK22 board With the cables, Hi power IR. and the TBU base setup at the end of March. So order what you need to fill the order.

Happy Tankentines Day! Show your tanks some love.

Bill
Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 PM
tsull

I'll throw in my two cents: if you like to build and battle, buy a HL KV and add a DB3 or Clarke board. Cheap (you can be into it completely for less then $200 including modified apple). A great battler, light, maneuverable, short barrel and a heavy. Learn with that tank and the money you saved, buy the tank that you want to custom build. It's nice not to be in a hurry with your custom tank you've always wanted to build to the max while pulling out the KV to battle once a month.
It takes time to build the tank you really want. Ordering custom parts, shipping time, modeling time and redo time all adds up. I'm now a firm believer in two tanks at a time!
Plus, I like to confuse people when they just made up their mind!
After 1 year, here's my once a HL KT ready to finally rumble. About 18 pounds and I now get to start building the accessories and detailing. Thank goodness we had the KV to battle with.
Tjs

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21843.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1852284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga78339.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1852285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ln11887.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1852286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tf39683.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1852287  
Old 02-15-2013, 03:44 AM
karel47

i would start with the tamiya it get builded in a few days, is a strong suspension and a good rider without isseu's right out of the box ... mine even withstands falling of a table on a modelconvention ... it give you insight into the electronics too but i would order the elefant too, we don't know how long it would be aviable ... after the sherman you get it done easier, buy afterwards the needed electro ... fot the hooben elefant you need to order the rc ready one , it comes with the evelation, rotation etc units and motorboxes in, it hardly more expensive i'll payed mine 260 euro's thats 380 dollars i geuss

its up to you now