Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Your Modeling Workspace

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Your Modeling Workspace

I envy you. I always thought about doing what you have ....... (when I win the Lottery). Where will you be putting your walk in paint spray booth and bead blaster? Also, just a suggestion.....a bucket can be used as a commode in an emergency. Don't ask me how I know that!
Rex
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tankhobby

No CNC machine yet, I'll need to get a new job first. I was looking into 3D printers, that will need to wait also...

The intent was to have as much room as possible when we built the house so the basement matches the house's floor plan (single floor contemporary ranch). The builder gave great advice when he said to have 8 foot ceilings would only cost more in cement as they had to put up the forms anyway, so 6ft vs 8 ft forms didn't really matter. Worked out great! Only regret is there's no bathroom down there.
I had the same problem with my work area in the basement of my previous house.....I always threatened to just use the sump pump but got shot down by the wife.
My shop now is detached from the main house with no bathroom, but can walk out the door and find a tree if need be. Awesome looking area you have!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A clean workbench is a sign of a sick mind... ;o)

That being said, I would have to shovel off the stuff from my bench to be able to take a pic of it. Essentially I just clear an area when needed. The weird thinkg is I know where everything is. Currently I have my Stuart dismantled on my south bench, then three 1/5 scale Baja/5ive two stroke gas engines on my north bench for wire meshing them for a friend. LAptiop is in the south west corner, shelves along the west and north walls, and stuff a foot deep everywhere. I have a 16 foot L shaped bench. I also have a carpentry room downstairs, another workbench in the furnace room and half of the garage including the bench covered in RC stuff.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21486.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1858363  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM
1sgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK well you guys asked for it. Here are my work and storage spaces. Wife hates it when I get the Tank/ Boat/ Train, and what ever building bug. As you can see, it's on her Dining room table. Now there is a story here. I have a three bedroom house. Kids are all gone. the plan was, I get one room and the wife gets the other. Well she has taken over both rooms. So I build on her Dinning room table. When she gets a room cleared of her stuff, Then maybe, just maybe, I will have a hobby room. Anyway, still having fun. I just have to say though, it is a real PITA when we have company LOL. Hope the pics come out OK?

Jim

Name:	Ec87555.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1858529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13418.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1858530   Click image for larger version

Name:	If10792.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1858531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91401.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1858532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60073.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1858533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74010.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1858534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79070.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1858535  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM
JerB

Thats awesome Jim. I love the tanks on top of the fridge. I still need to snap some pics of mine
Old 03-05-2013, 03:51 PM
1sgt

ORIGINAL: JerB

Thats awesome Jim. I love the tanks on top of the fridge. I still need to snap some pics of mine

Well you gotta do what you gotta do. actually, there on top a freezed in the mud room. Don't think I could get away with on the fridge, Hmmmmm jus maybe, Naaaaa.

Jim
Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

OK well you guys asked for it. Here are my work and storage spaces. Wife hates it when I get the Tank/ Boat/ Train, and what ever building bug. As you can see, it's on her Dining room table. Now there is a story here. I have a three bedroom house. Kids are all gone. the plan was, I get one room and the wife gets the other. Well she has taken over both rooms. So I build on her Dinning room table. When she gets a room cleared of her stuff, Then maybe, just maybe, I will have a hobby room. Anyway, still having fun. I just have to say though, it is a real PITA when we have company LOL. Hope the pics come out OK?

Jim

i'm wondering what the heck kind of hobby does she have that she needs 2 rooms ... [>:] ...lol
tanks look awesome 1sgt. PT boat looks cool to
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM
streetsquid

WOW!

Thanks guys this thread is turning out exactly as I had hoped! Lots of cool pictures of all kinds of build spaces, fun banter back n forth, idea sharing and story telling. To me this is exactly the type of thread that makes this hobby a bit more unique than some of the other model building disciplines, and this forum is the perfect vehicle for sharing it!

I have friends on here that I've never met face to face, yet they are friends just the same. Keep em coming guys, the pics, the stories, the ideas...........I'm thoroughly impressed!

Much appreciated!
Squid
Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 AM
CCC2012
Banned

Jim
love yur collection...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 AM
1sgt

Airbrusler,
The wifes hobbies include collecting clothes, shoes and other stuff that her closet won't hold ( that takes over one bedroom ) her other hobbies are sewing, knitting/chrochetting ( sp? ) and making stuffed animals, hence the other BR.
As far as the PT boat goes, it's a old ROBBE model that I bought ( belive it or not ) with my share of wedding $ back in 1983. It's been treated badly in all my PCS moves since then, buut not beyond repair( yes it is RC ). I also have a 1/35 scale PT 109 from Lindberg and the S-100 from Trumpeter to build to join my fleet. Also boxed up is a 1/200 USS Arizona from Trumpeter and a 1/125 scale USS BlueDevil from Lindberg as well. I guess I have some catching up to do with my models.
Thanks for all the comments.

Jim
Old 03-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Airbrusler,
The wifes hobbies include collecting clothes, shoes and other stuff that her closet won't hold ( that takes over one bedroom ) her other hobbies are sewing, knitting/chrochetting ( sp? ) and making stuffed animals, hence the other BR.
As far as the PT boat goes, it's a old ROBBE model that I bought ( belive it or not ) with my share of wedding $ back in 1983. It's been treated badly in all my PCS moves since then, buut not beyond repair( yes it is RC ). I also have a 1/35 scale PT 109 from Lindberg and the S-100 from Trumpeter to build to join my fleet. Also boxed up is a 1/200 USS Arizona from Trumpeter and a 1/125 scale USS BlueDevil from Lindberg as well. I guess I have some catching up to do with my models.
Thanks for all the comments.

Jim

Hmmmm knitting huh when is she going to make us some Tank Slippers....lol

Name:	Jh15945.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1858997