Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Clutchin' n Revvin' RC Tank Videos

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clutchin' n Revvin' RC Tank Videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:56 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to your site, and if you don't mind, I may link your site to mine. It would be nice having an objective opinion to go along with my ranting<grin> . Very good reviews, and explanations. I also appreciate the fact you mentioned the "Live" vs video issue. The Benedini has the low bass punch that I have never been able to capture on video. I have a couple of tanks that vibrate stuff on the work bench when hooked up to a quality Aura speaker. On video you just don't get to feel that.

The one complaint I do get is people wish the volume could be louder stock. Inside it is plenty loud, but out on the battlefield you can want more. The 6 watt amp gets you part way there, but if you really want volume Benedini makes a 40 Watt set up that they use in RC planes, You need at least 14 volts on board to run this though.

The DBC3 is a digital decoder that uses Prop 3 to address additional Benedini addresses, Cannon, MG, Turret rotation, BBL elevation, Hit and destroy sound. David's original design has been a great platform to expand .

PM will be sent as well

Cheers
Old 10-27-2013, 11:47 AM
blademangler

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, it would be an honor... heck, I even cleaned up the language in that article a little bit, LOL!

One thing I didn't originally mention in the article was that the volume difference between the Clark and Benedini boards disappeared once I put in a bigger speaker that could reproduce the low-frequency rumble. Most of my running sounds are copied to the board at 75% volume, so volume really hasn't been an issue for me, indoor or out.

However, I can imagine what it's like on a field of competitive tank battlers! I once played in a garage band, and although we weren't battling, the unofficial motto was "everything louder than everything else!" (Apologies to Deep Purple.) Yep, it sounded pretty horrible.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:55 PM
reyemmanuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right mate, the speaker counts. Stick in Tamiya speakers and your in for some deeeep baaasss. Thats why I have'nt gone the ampifier route, instead I've ordered in all KV1 speakers from Jason store. Proper porting and stiff, well made enclosure made the difference. I could not replicate the Tamiya
speaker quality with the Visation FRS-8, and such back to Tamiya item quality.

Here's the complete drive video where the bass really counts and revs are noticable, even with sound degradation in youtube. Full bass on and HD quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZCiutJ1-js
cheers,Rey

Last edited by reyemmanuel; 10-28-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:20 PM
YHR

Hey Rey that sounds great. I use an Aura brand speakers and build enclosures for them, but I agree the Tamiya Speakers seem to be one of the safest bets. Good video, and it really showcases the sound you get out of the Benedini.

Cheers
Old 10-28-2013, 04:42 AM
reyemmanuel

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response. I'm actually thinking of using the DBC3 alongside the Clark to harness all Benedini potential =)...hmmm... it'll be interesting. Clark to drive the turret controls (servos for recoil and elevation, turret rotation, ammo, etc) whilst the DBC3 as drive control and 12 key encoder. Hope to use only 1 receiver, but if not, then it'll be a two-man tank (2 trannys) or using dual receivers (1-man).

cheers,
Rey
Old 10-31-2013, 02:29 PM
reyemmanuel

A few more loaded in my channel:

Dual Tamiya KV1 speakers instead of a single Tam Tiger speaker for the Tiger running ClarkTk22T1-Benedini:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2QP6HWo_cU King and Queen tigers, where the Tam KT is running battlearmour's DBC3-Benedini whilst the Queen tiger (pink) runs with a Clark TK22T1 (upgraded from TK20E).
Do note that the Tam is yet running a low end speaker system (visaton FRS8-8 with sub par enclosure). Yet to receive the Tam Tiger speaker from its donor brother to do justice.
THE THING TO NOTE ABOUT THE DBC3 IS THAT YOU CAN ADJUST THE VOLUME OF THE SOUNDS SUCH THAT THE GUN WOULD BE THE LOUDEST, THEN THE ENGINES, MG and REST ARE LOWER.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih2nlc5iHIE
The rest of the newly uploaded ones in my channel is an ongoing test for the HE Leo2A5 fitted with ClarkTK22T1-Benedini, a WIP, with ZTZ drive train, HL turret rotation...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYsT4qHJ_I4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yuY7IMbhEw cheers,
Rey

Last edited by reyemmanuel; 10-31-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:11 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther G
The systems and combination of systems is getting more and more complicated. That is one of the reasons I have not gotten too much further into the new electronics . All this left stick up right stick out the window confuses the crap out of me. thats why i can never get my Elmod running. i cant remember how to start the damed thing. cant you guys build this stuff to simply work with an on/off switch or 2?
You are not the only one Gregg. Many of these systems are complicated and require many mailpulations. FOr us die hard tankers it is not too bad but for rookies....WOW. That is why I only sell tanks with Tamiya systems. They always run and always work very simply. You can even diagnose and fix a problem over the phone. I do love the new stuff that is coming out. Clark. Mako, IBU, Benedini...all are very promising. Please keep them coming. But complex too.

KISS
Old 11-03-2013, 07:41 AM
YHR

That was one of my comments on the Clark board as well. Great stuff, lots of features, but it is intimidating, and I am afraid at meet time it will be interesting to see how you get everyone on the same page with respect to how their tanks are set up. I suspect in most cases people default to the Tamiya standard, and it will be along time developing an IR game more sophisticated then that, that everyone will agree on.

However, just like anything, once you dabble in it, you find it is not that tough. Hooking up a Benedini to a Clark is an exercise of plugging in two servo cables in its simplest form, and if you want control of turning the engine on and off you add one more servo cable to the mix., No soldering, no programming, just plug in servo cables and go.( If it is purchased from Battle Armor, as I do all the Benedini programming).

Last edited by YHR; 11-03-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:57 PM
reyemmanuel

Actually Bob and Greg I disagree.

Clark is more simplier than Tamiya DMD-MFU. Very simple hook up.

Clark-Benedini is also more simplier than Tamiya DMD-MFU. And with this set-up, sound, functionality and value for money is unrivalled.

DBC3-Benedini is also much simpler thanTamiya DMD-MFU and unleashes the Benedini much further.

The added complexity comes if you want to utilise the board(s) and not just be compliant to the old 80's technology - theTamiya-dominated RC tank scene.

So simple that if one has 3 Tamiyas, you may sell the DMD-MFU for 250 a combo...= 750 and buy 3 Benedini TBS mini, a Clark TK22, a DBC3 and IBU2 and you still have money to spare for a burger and coke, and end up with a much simpler and capable system. The trick is to retain the Tamiya speaker and hull and Battle system... that is.