Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Sherman question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Sherman question

The oil revervoirs on the shocks, are the metal ones much better? I have had to repair three of them so far. Also is there a recoil unit for the sherman available ? Moving along on the build, Got the top and turret to put together. Then start weathering.

Thanks for any info,

Bill
Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Green Amphibian

Default RE: Tamiya Sherman question

You can use a Pershing recoil unit in it if you use a different Tamyia board. Better yet use a servo recoil and save a lot of space in your turret.

I did not use the Tamyia suspension on mine, I used the Mato VVSS with no oil reservoirs.

Herman
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your sticking with the 105 I wouldn't worry about recoil. If your heart is set on it, then yes you'll have to getany otherMF unit that supports the recoil, and have to do some modelling to fit
a servo orrecoil unitbracket. As for the oil reservoirs, what do you mean repair? You've lost them completely by rubbing on something like the rest of us? Use the stock plastic ones and use
a rubber cement so they have some give.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: Love To build

The oil revervoirs on the shocks, are the metal ones much better? I have had to repair three of them so far. Also is there a recoil unit for the sherman available ? Moving along on the build, Got the top and turret to put together. Then start weathering.

Thanks for any info,

Bill

I think the epoxy sticks a little better to the metal versions than the styrene, but I wouldn't call them "better". They just fall in with the whole 'metal upgrade' deal.

If your building the kit with the stock Tamiya High Bustle turret, fitting a recoil in might be a tight fit. I believe using the Super Sherman board (so you still have the radial engine) you could then use a recoil with it.

It just depends on what Sherman you want to build.

HTH

~ Jeff
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Rustytrax

Correct on the M51 having recoil but it doesn't have lights. So a choice is to be made there.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rustytrax

Correct on the M51 having recoil but it doesn't have lights. So a choice is to be made there.

Neither do the German tanks so it's no big deal to me unless you drive in the dark.

~ Jeff