Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Has HL upped their game?

Old 03-20-2013, 10:48 AM
interstates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has HL upped their game?

I recently went through a pretty nasty relationship bust up, so bad I had to declare bankruptcy and sell one of the cars.
Anyway, I'm getting myself set up again- got a new place to live for me and my cat Oscar, and a garage for my old Mercedes.
As a "get out of jail" present, I bought a new tank- HL Tiger with smoke and sound.
First thing I noticed was the box- it said Infrared Battle System. I thought "Crap, they sent the wrong one."
They didn't- it's airsoft, which is what I wanted.
Second thing was the packing- every other HL I've bought has just been shoved into the foam, and then the box.
This one had wads of bubblewrap between the top of the tracks and the upper hull, and a sheet taped over the whole tank.
Then the tank itself- it seems a step up in quality compared to my other HL's. The fit and finish appears better- a much nicer tank.
Nothing was broken or damaged, unlike the other 6, and it ran perfectly straight out of the box.
I didn't even have to tighten the screws on the drive sprockets. That's a first for me!
The only gripe, and it's a very minor one, is they put 2 left hand grenade launchers in the box instead of one of each.
Big deal- I can live with that.

So, after all this drivel, have they lifted their game and started listening to customer feedback, or did I just get lucky?
I really hope not- for the money, I think they are a good deal, but I wonder how many people have been put off in the past by tanks arriving damaged, then buying something else instead.
Or is it just the fact I bought this one from a different supplier?
I normally buy my tanks on ebay, but the Tiger was from Hobby King.
Would that make a difference?

Just wondering.

Larry.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 AM
DirtyBird69

Default RE: Has HL upped their game?

I hope they have....I tried buying a KV-1 right before Christmas from a big seller in Canada that begins with an "M", and after receiving/returning 3 with major flaws I said hell with it...and I like HL's...... But good sellers actually pull them out of the box and check and actually "test" them over before they ship...god I miss Phil []
Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM
FreakyDude

I doubt it was HL that put that bubble wrap there. Hobby King put *** there because of the complaints they get from there tanks lol
The quality of the tank is much better yes, the wrapping is the reseller though.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Ronan87

What's interesting is the HL Panzer IV that i received was wrapped in bubble wrap (tracks, doors were taped, etc).

It was a non S&S tank from some seller on ebay (shipped from the US).
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the HLs I received looked like they were packed by Howler Monkeys. I imagine them screaming at each other while viciously jamming tanks into styrofoam.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Rebellion13

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

LOL. The funny thing is I can actually picture that also.