Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya King Tiger Purchase help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya King Tiger Purchase help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 AM
White Tiger88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya King Tiger Purchase help!

Well thank you all for the help before i have decided to get a Tamiya king tiger when i can find one for a decent price! Which brings me to why i made this post, Like i have stated before locally i can't find anything for any sort of fair price so i was hoping you guys might be able to point me to a good seller. I checked out the post above about some of the favored web stores but most seem to be closed or have shipping so high i can't afford anything! E-bay so far i am looking at around $750-775 shipped is this a good deal or should i keep looking around?

Thanks

Tiger
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya King Tiger Purchase help!

Ebay Canada is your best bet. The price you're being quoted is a little high by about 100 US. Here's the link to AAF in Virginia. Shipping to Canada should not be too bad. Your worry will be your Customs lads. Depending on their mood of the moment will decide what, if any, duty you pay.

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/Produc...ductCode=56018
Old 04-04-2013, 06:49 AM
White Tiger88

ORIGINAL: sevoblast

Ebay Canada is your best bet. The price you're being quoted is a little high by about 100 US. Here's the link to AAF in Virginia. Shipping to Canada should not be too bad. Your worry will be your Customs lads. Depending on their mood of the moment will decide what, if any, duty you pay.

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/Produc...ductCode=56018
Are custom lads are generally the most angry employee's in canada with sadistic minds who love to tax me..... er... i mean......They are great guys who don't want to ding me!

Thanks for the link i will check it out.

Edit: $706.46 would be the total from aaftank, things are getting better! (Its the full opition kit i assume?)
Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 AM
sevoblast

Compared to where I live, yours are amateurs.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 AM
White Tiger88

ORIGINAL: sevoblast

Compared to where I live, yours are amateurs.
Not really its the same guys pretty much....Canada\Usa boarder they have a game i am sure to see who can milk more money. Also i checked out your site down the road once i at least get a running tank i think i will be hitting you up!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 AM
sevoblast

LOL. My warehouse and shipping is in New Jersey. I am not. I'm here every day, so feel free if nothing else to ask questions.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Ronan87

Your best bet is to cross the border and pick it up yourself.

Declare it yourself if you want to pay just your normal taxes.

Having it ship from outside of Canada = expect to pay a lot if your package gets in the hands of duty officers.

Here we usually get normal taxes (15%) + Duty fee (10%-20%) + courier fee (10%-15%). So your $700 could potently become $900 EASILY.

If buying from eBay Canada MAKE SURE the package ships from INSIDE Canada. A lot of US sellers post on eBay Canada but ship from the US. You can define 'show ships from Canada only' in the eBay search options.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
sevoblast

Yes, it is the full option kit from Museum. Tamiya electronics are plug and play. I've never had a problem with any of them in the 12 or so years I've had them.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
White Tiger88

ORIGINAL: Ronan87

Having it ship from outside of Canada = expect to pay a lot if your package gets in the hands of duty officers.
Here we usually get normal taxes (15%) + Duty fee (10%-20%) +courierfee (10%-15%). So your $700 could potently become $900 EASILY.
If buying from eBay Canada MAKE SURE the package ships from INSIDE Canada. A lot of US sellers post on eBay Canada but ship from the US. You can define 'show ships from Canada only' in the eBay search options.
Man before giving you that bill do they buy you dinner first at least?

*cough*

Anyhow i was quoeted $660 shipped and i assume thats a great deal for a King Tiger? Also found a local guy selling a Tiger 1 buts its already built\painted.........
Old 04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Ronan87

Nope.

I have been buying from outside Canada for almost 7 years.

You would pass out on some of the bull**** fee's i'v had to pay. Many times i refused and had the package sent back.

I know in Quebec it's really bad but i was told other provinces are MUCH more lenient (heck i know people in Ontario and Ottawa that have never been charged anything). Here everyone i know has to pay something at least 8/10 packages.

Good luck mate

ORIGINAL: White Tiger88

ORIGINAL: Ronan87

Here we usually get normal taxes (15%) + Duty fee (10%-20%) +courierfee (10%-15%). So your $700 could potently become $900 EASILY.
Man before giving you that bill do they buy you dinner first at least?

*cough*

Anyhow i was quoeted $660 shipped and i assume thats a great deal for a King Tiger? Also found a local guy selling a Tiger 1 buts its already built\painted.........
Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM
AL D

Dont have anything sent into Canada by courier! If asking to ship up from the USA ask shipper to send by USPS via Canada post. AAF Tanks used to ship by regular mail but do not anymore and use couriers. Couriers rates are double and then will ding you for customs. Also look into your local Hobby shop - they can import most Tamiya without the Custom charge
Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

USPS international shipping has nearly doubled recently, I sent a box to Airbrushler last week and UPS was $12 cheaper then USPS.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 PM
AL D

Ask Airbrusher how much he paid when the courier showed up on his doorstep? Its not the American shippers being hit - its the Canadian customers being hit!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:42 PM
White Tiger88

Ouch.....I have been offered a new box Tamiya Tiger 1 for $600 + shiping within canada. Sounds good to me! Now what should i look for remote wise?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:54 PM
AL D

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=FUT4YF24
Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Spitvalve

USPS is the way to go for shipping to Canada. UPS and FEDEX are intially cheaper, but then the driver shows up with his hand out for the "brokerage" fees which then puts the shipping $15 over USPS on a $30 shipping bill with USPS. Your package gets no gentler handling either. And it's not a custom's fee (that'll be separate), it's their own brokerage fees.

Mike.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:25 PM
White Tiger88

ORIGINAL: Spitvalve

USPS is the way to go for shipping to Canada. UPS and FEDEX are intially cheaper, but then the driver shows up with his hand out for the "brokerage" fees which then puts the shipping $15 over USPS on a $30 shipping bill with USPS. Your package gets no gentler handling either. And it's not a custom's fee (that'll be separate), it's their own brokerage fees.

Mike.
Thats some rip off right there. Thanks for pointing it out man!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Ronan87

Reminds me of my $20 scanner, UPS $12 shipping then at my door... $15 broker fee, $10 custom fee...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM
AL D

Its a massive rip off for the couriers!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Buckeye36

What is a "brokerage fee"?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Rustytrax

Myself and may others use the Futaba 2.4 four channel. We the use a trainer switch and solder it to the top two leads for channel 3. This allows you to shoot without moving the left stick and gives better control over accidental full up stick shots.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Ronan87

Courriers (shipping companies) figured out that since you pay them to deliver your package, they might as well charge you extra for bringing it accross the border.

Now common sense would say 'well isn't that included what i already pay them'? Well it did until a pencil pusher figured out 'why not charge them more!'.

And that's how brokerage fee's were added to shipping & handling charges.

'cuz why not? Let's bite the hand that feed's us!

ORIGINAL: Buckeye36

What is a "brokerage fee"?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Spitvalve

People price out the shipping using USPS and UPS. Wow! Looks like UPS is $10 cheaper than USPS, so they use UPS. Then the brokerage fee gets tacked on and UPS is no longer cheaper. But you've used them so their scheme worked. Mean people suck...and so do brokerage fees.

Mike.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Buckeye36

That bites, should be illegal!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spitvalve

People price out the shipping using USPS and UPS. Wow! Looks like UPS is $10 cheaper than USPS, so they use UPS. Then the brokerage fee gets tacked on and UPS is no longer cheaper. But you've used them so their scheme worked. Mean people suck...and so do brokerage fees.

Mike.
Same here in Russia.
I try to avoid those *******s like UPS, TNT, Fedex and DHL.

If you want your shipment fast just use EMS at USPS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.