Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Taigen RC Tanks Available

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Taigen RC Tanks Available

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
M1A2 Commander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Taigen RC Tanks Available

Hi Fellow Tankers, Just wanted to let everyone know that we are now selling 1/16 Taigen RC Tanks. All our Taigen tanks include metal gears, IR battle units and 2.4GHz radio. More spare and upgraded parts will be available in June.

Taigen Tanks: http://www.artistichobbies.com/products.php?cat=123
Taigen Parts: http://www.artistichobbies.com/products.php?cat=124
Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New Taigen RC Tanks Available

Looking forward to seeing what spare parts you get for the tanks...particularly those other than the Tiger.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 PM
M1A2 Commander

Hi philipat, Here is a short list of parts we should be getting in June.

Tiger I metal front working headlights
Panzer III IR RC tank
Panzer III metal lower chassis
Panzer III metal tracks
Panzer III metal road wheels
Panzer III metal front sprocket and idler wheels
Panzer III suspension arms
Panzer III metal gears
Panzer III photo grill set
Panzer IV metal suspension kit
Panzer IV metal gun barrel with muzzle
Panzer IV metal hatch set
Old 04-25-2013, 04:07 PM
strippersteel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already have a Taigen Tiger and its nice to know they have expanded there lineup. I really have my eyes of that Taigen Stug. Do members on this forum receive any discount? If so I might go ahead and order one.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM
strippersteel

Also does the Taigen Stug come with metal tracks?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:35 PM
FreakyDude

your better off buying a different Stug, You pay a premium price for the Stug from Taigen for basicly what amounts to a paint job.

ORIGINAL: strippersteel

I already have a Taigen Tiger and its nice to know they have expanded there lineup. I really have my eyes of that Taigen Stug. Do members on this forum receive any discount? If so I might go ahead and order one.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 AM
philipat

ORIGINAL: M1A2 Commander

Panzer III IR RC tank
Panzer III metal tracks
Panzer III metal gears
Cool...I'm interested in starting a PzIV about then. Does the gun tube work with the airsoft BBs or just IR? Does it have the muzzle brake for both the F2 and the G? Seems like Isaw something like that somewhere. Will you also be getting the metal road wheels for the PzIV?

Old 04-26-2013, 05:00 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Welsh (from asiatam / taigen...?) carries the F2 / G barrel with both muzzle brakes included... but I read elsewhere that overall the barrel itself is too short for either version; but it's something to work with!
ORIGINAL: philipat

Panzer III IR RC tank
Panzer III metal tracks
Panzer III metal gears
Cool...I'm interested in starting a PzIV about then. Does the gun tube work with the airsoft BBs or just IR? Does it have the muzzle brake for both the F2 and the G? Seems like I saw something like that somewhere. Will you also be getting the metal road wheels for the PzIV?

Old 04-26-2013, 06:21 AM
DirtyBird69

Exactly.....the Tiger and KV-1 are good models and worth the money, but the rest of the Taigen line-up are just standard HL's/w the standard metal upgrades and a ok paintjob! What's worse is they come with a worthless 2.4ghz system that can't be adapted to Tamiya compatible IR, so what's the point....? Better off to buy a much cheaper standard HL and get the right upgrades....
ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

your better off buying a different Stug, You pay a premium price for the Stug from Taigen for basicly what amounts to a paint job.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 AM
strippersteel

Dirtybird69 does the Taigen Stug not have a metal lower hull, tracks, wheels, sprockets, and idlers?  I know my Taigen Tiger does. 

Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 AM
M1A2 Commander

Hi strippersteel, No discounts for forum members but we are offering free shipping to anyone that lives in the lower 48 US states. No, the Stug doesn’t come with metal tracks, but it does come with metal gears, front drive sprocket and rear idler.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 AM
M1A2 Commander

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

Exactly.....the Tiger and KV-1 are good models and worth the money, but the rest of the Taigen line-up are just standard HL's/w the standard metal upgrades and a ok paintjob! What's worse is they come with a worthless 2.4ghz system that can't be adapted to Tamiya compatible IR, so what's the point....? Better off to buy a much cheaper standard HL and get the right upgrades....

Hi DirtyBird69, We have been told there is a board called the Mako2 that will work with the Taigen IR tanks to make them Tamiya IR compatible. The Mako2 simply plugs in between the MFU and the rest of the IR battle system. Sorry, don’t know much about this board because I just found out about it. Has anybody used this board before on Taigen IR tanks???

Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 AM
M1A2 Commander

Dirtybird69 does the Taigen Stug not have a metal lower hull, tracks, wheels, sprockets, and idlers? I know my Taigen Tiger does.

Hi strippersteel, Our Taigen Stug doesn't come with a metal lower hull. But hopefully there will be an upgrade for that later on this year.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
FreakyDude

The Mako 2 does work with the Taigen tank BUT and here is the big one for basicly the same prive you can get Clark TK20 board and get rid of Taigens garbage electronics. The TK20 from Clark also gives proportional movement, way better sound and moves you into 2.4ghz quality radios, yes you have to buy the radio but if you haven't tried a real radio over the Taigen/HL ones then your in for a real treat.

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

Hi DirtyBird69, We have been told there is a board called the Mako2 that will work with the Taigen IR tanks to make them Tamiya IR compatible. The Mako2 simply plugs in between the MFU and the rest of the IR battle system. Sorry, don’t know much about this board because I just found out about it. Has anybody used this board before on Taigen IR tanks???

Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Unfortunately it does not, but you can purchase the metal Panzer 3/4 metal tracks in June and they will work just perfectly. I just pulled off a metal track from our Panzer 3 and put it on the Stug and it worked great.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
strippersteel

Well the Taigen Stug is not sounding very appealing since it doesn't include a metal lower nor metal tracks.  Once my checking account recovers I think i'm going to go with this.

http://www.amazon.com/Sturmgeschutz-...ONG+STUG+METAL

It a HL Stug with metal tracks for $169.00 and then I can upgrade it from there.  I want to eventually add a metal lower, metal eastern tracks and possibly a few other things.  I defiantly think the eastern tracks is the only way to run a Stug

Old 04-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

So what are "eastern tracks"?

Are you referring to winterketten or osketten tracks?

~ Jeff
Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 PM
strippersteel

Yes Panther F the winterketten tracks.  Some people only know them as eastern front tracks. 
Old 04-26-2013, 02:43 PM
philipat

I think that is where I saw that gun tube the first time. Would be nice to have a US supplier for it. Hadn't heard that it was too short. The F2 and G used the same gun tube with different muzzle brakes; so, if it's too short for one... will have to look into that one.

ORIGINAL: Strato50

I think Welsh (from asiatam / taigen...?) carries the F2 / G barrel with both muzzle brakes included... but I read elsewhere that overall the barrel itself is too short for either version; but it's something to work with!
ORIGINAL: philipat

Panzer III IR RC tank
Panzer III metal tracks
Panzer III metal gears
Cool...I'm interested in starting a PzIV about then. Does the gun tube work with the airsoft BBs or just IR? Does it have the muzzle brake for both the F2 and the G? Seems like Isaw something like that somewhere. Will you also be getting the metal road wheels for the PzIV?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The "Winterketten" and Ostketten ' tracks are actually 2 different types of track. Same purpose but one was an "Adhock" stop gap the other the Ostketten was a purpose built track for the Eastern front.Basically the same track as standard just much wider for more traction. Both types were generally only used in the winter and wet months because it was easy to break off the extension on hard ground.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:15 AM
DirtyBird69

Nope....which is why I didn't buy one...the only tanks with metal chassis and torsion-bar suspension are the Tiger and KV-1....All the other tanks(so far) just standard HL set-up....which is probably why Taigen hasn't gotten off their butts and included some internal pics and complete upgrades breakdown as to what actually comes on each tank....shouldn't take this long to accomplish that.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: Panther G

The ''Winterketten'' and Ostketten ' tracks are actually 2 different types of track. Same purpose but one was an ''Adhock'' stop gap the other the Ostketten was a purpose built track for the Eastern front.Basically the same track as standard just much wider for more traction. Both types were generally only used in the winter and wet months because it was easy to break off the extension on hard ground.

YUP

Most people like to use the correct terminology for items instead of nicknames.

~ Jeff
Old 04-27-2013, 03:52 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is what they look like...... These are what Asiatam makes for the Panzer III/StuG. Mato has a set of Winter Ketten.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81676.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1876609   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45299.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1876610  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
strippersteel

Thanks for the pics MAUS45 cause i never knew the difference.  Also sorry Panther F that I didn't use the exact correct terminology.  I'd hate to upset the World War 2 Tank gods lol.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 AM
DirtyBird69

I like the Ostketten better myself...they look better I think. By the way, does anybody know where you can buy the Ostketten?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.