Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 04:38 AM
WILSON95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Taigen check their tanks before posting? If they do, such problems should not happen at all.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:48 AM
winonagr

Originally Posted by WILSON95
Does Taigen check their tanks before posting? If they do, such problems should not happen at all.
Yes Erik checks all the tanks before shipping them out. I know this to be factual.
We are a Canadian dealer of Taigen /Imex and every tank that we have in stock or being shipped in as been checked by Erik and then rechecked by me before a customer takes delivery or
it is shipped out. I understand the frustration of receiving something in the mail and finding something not working or broken, and I also understand that the folks in the postal or courier business don't always
handle the boxes as we all wish they would. Things occasionally break or become dislodged.
Trying to keep parts on hand for repairing/customizing is a taunting task and sometimes they just run out. It is not like Erik is making them in his backyard. Consider these products come from China
and are at a minimum 30 days out by container and with the Chinese new year a pond us that effectively stops anything from coming in for the month of Feb.
I am a huge believer in customer service, I practice it and insist in it and before I chose Taigen tanks as additional product line for our store we checked out Tamiya and Heng Long as well as Mato. It was a no brainier on which line I was going to partner with and stock. Taigen/Imex all the way.
Best of the Chinese made tanks, best in customer service and having Erik in Florida, who is a guy who actually cares about the product cemented my decision. It is far more than just a paycheck for him.
So don't be so quick to shoot somebody down without knowing the facts
Old 02-02-2018, 06:30 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowTheULF
Blue, as this is a KT I assume this is an IR tank; is that correct?

If so, do you have the wiring plugged into the correct sockets on the motherboard? Taigen has images on their site of the right way to hook everything up. Also, their IR tanks with recoil require that you connect the single-wire IR ground cable to work properly. This is a single metal connector the runs between a cable going to the recoil unit and a cable that is soldered onto the motherboard.
Originally Posted by blueimperator
hi and thanks for the responses, but let me try to clarify my issues, this is a Taigen IR KT turret, i am using the ground cable attached to the V2 ESC as the hull of the metal KT didnt have one. I have checked to see if there is any cable or ground issues by using a tiger IR turret and it recoils and flashes fine. the on off switch on the KT seemed a little loose so i bypassed that by connecting the wires together. The 8 pin im using i have no idea which tank its from, i assumed they were the same, but since it worked for the tiger im guessing it was for IR , most of my tanks are IR the few BB are HL , but the 8 pins look very similar so i could have mixed them up. do they matter?
I checked the diagrams and even compared it to my other KT and HT but they are the same. I really hope that it is not a bad motor as that is a headache to switch out.
no matter what ive tried the barrel does not retract. when the turret arrived they came in the shipping position of retracted barrel , and i pulled it and fired the gun, and it had no recoil but the barrel stayed in the discharge state.
im now wondering if it is a wiring issue of somewhat or again the motor is done or connections are broken somewhere.
Eric does the stock airsoft cable matter since im using the ground on the v2?

thanks
sorry for the headache
Most likely the motor is frozen it sounds like. Some times with these little brushed motors just the smallest speck of dirt can freeze something up and since they don't have much torque it might just be jammed. Out of curiosity, if you bridge the contact switch on the IR unit with a screwdriver while the tank is running do you get recoil sounds or a track recoil? If you do then yea the next place to inspect is the motor. A trick I've learned with these 180ish sized small brushed motors is to unplug them from everything and run about 6v to them and give them a tap directly on the motor itself and sometimes it will work, just have to treat it like an old Chevy starter However if you are not getting track recoil or cannon sounds then the wiring may be needed to be looked at. Is your KT using the old style green IR unit or our current ones now? If you can send me a video to [email protected] and I'll take a look at it later today ok? Chances are it is just a wiring issue somewhere, it happens a lot when people go from airsoft to infrared.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:35 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by winonagr
Yes Erik checks all the tanks before shipping them out. I know this to be factual.
We are a Canadian dealer of Taigen /Imex and every tank that we have in stock or being shipped in as been checked by Erik and then rechecked by me before a customer takes delivery or
it is shipped out. I understand the frustration of receiving something in the mail and finding something not working or broken, and I also understand that the folks in the postal or courier business don't always
handle the boxes as we all wish they would. Things occasionally break or become dislodged.
Trying to keep parts on hand for repairing/customizing is a taunting task and sometimes they just run out. It is not like Erik is making them in his backyard. Consider these products come from China
and are at a minimum 30 days out by container and with the Chinese new year a pond us that effectively stops anything from coming in for the month of Feb.
I am a huge believer in customer service, I practice it and insist in it and before I chose Taigen tanks as additional product line for our store we checked out Tamiya and Heng Long as well as Mato. It was a no brainier on which line I was going to partner with and stock. Taigen/Imex all the way.
Best of the Chinese made tanks, best in customer service and having Erik in Florida, who is a guy who actually cares about the product cemented my decision. It is far more than just a paycheck for him.
So don't be so quick to shoot somebody down without knowing the facts
Thanks guys! We also have another tank tech I'm training now too. He doesn't do the checking yet, but will be soon hopefully. He is a personal friend of mine and is almost just as nerdy as I so hopefully that should help out a lot and let me get back to helping everyone individually like I enjoy. And yes, the postal service is crazy with packages. I never thought the postal service would cause me so much headache... honestly it is one of the few things I don't like about the job
Old 02-02-2018, 08:20 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Quality control efforts by a manufacturer are there to REDUCE the occurrence of problems. You will never have a manufacturer that produces a flawless product every time. It is unreasonable to expect that. The mark of a great company is how it takes care of its customers when there is a problem that slips by the QC process.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:34 AM
winonagr

Originally Posted by tankme
Quality control efforts by a manufacturer are there to REDUCE the occurrence of problems. You will never have a manufacturer that produces a flawless product every time. It is unreasonable to expect that. The mark of a great company is how it takes care of its customers when there is a problem that slips by the QC process.
Well said and that my friends sums it up perfectly
Old 02-02-2018, 02:48 PM
WILSON95

No, no, no, you are lying. Of course, as a Taigen dealer, I can understand why you said that.

If anyone checked the tanks, courier CANNOT cause the type of problems reported by the buyer! Believe me.

Or, maybe someone did check the tank, but found it too difficult to repair or too expansive to repair, so simply posted it to an unimportant buyer to get rid of the trouble...

Last edited by WILSON95; 02-02-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Shorty54

No, no, no, you are lying. Of course, as a Taigen dealer, I can understand why you said that.

If anyone checked the tanks, courier CANNOT cause the type of problems reported by the buyer! Believe me.

Or, maybe someone did check the tank, but found it too difficult to repair or too expansive to repair, so simply posted it to an unimportant buyer to get rid of the trouble...
I believe the "said " tank was a kit, not a RTR tank.
Therefore it would be hard for Erik to test the tank, since it has to be built first.
Also, any electronics the customer installs is at their own risk.
The manufacturer/vendor should not be responsible for installing something improperly.
Its not very hard on a lot or RC to connect something wrong and fry a board, servo, diode, regulator, mosfet, ect.
If the "said " tank was and RTR tank, then a different story.
I wonder how many Clark boards were fried by the consumer, and then blamed on Clark?
Old 02-02-2018, 04:27 PM
winonagr

NO Sir I do not lie....and please do not ever attack me personally again.
Unless you have owned a retail store and experienced all that comes with investing a couple hundred thousand of your own money and working 14 hour to 16 hour days then I am afraid your comments are somewhat misguided and completely off base.
I love what I do and work extremely hard at providing my customers with the service they and their money deserve.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:44 PM
WILSON95

Well, you are a rich man and I am poor. I have ordered many tanks from various stores during the past 10 years. I can tell which store is honest and which one is lying. Obviously you have invested huge amount of money and have to protect your investment to generate huge profits for you. Good luck with your investment...

BTW if you really work 16 hour per day, you do not have so much spare time to chat on forum, LOL

Last edited by WILSON95; 02-02-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:25 PM
armornut

Well, you are a rich man and I am poor. I have ordered many tanks from various stores during the past 10 years. I can tell which store is honest and which one is lying. Obviously you have invested huge amount of money and have to protect your investment to generate huge profits for you. Good luck with your investment...

BTW if you really work 16 hour per day, you do not have so much spare time to chat on forum, LOL
Wow. Kinda an ******* thing to say. Sorry, you can ban me for that, but he's really being an ass. If you boot me, he better get the boot too though....
Old 02-02-2018, 06:41 PM
armornut

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
....... I never thought the postal service would cause me so much headache... honestly it is one of the few things I don't like about the job
Seems that is exceptionally true. That Jagedtiger that was broken had to have been at the bottom of a huge stack or thrown/dropped a long ways. You're handling of the issue was great even though it was the busiest time of the year for you. I have to say, I've now bought a couple of the all ready made tanks, they fair very poorly in shipping as opposed to the kits; which makes total sense to me. People have to understand what a package goes through nd may be more understanding. There videos of UPS, Fed ex and USPS people throwing packages, crushing them and just being very rough to packages. So to think that even a metal tank can be packed well enough to get tossed across the room and land on the floor is silly.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:18 PM
FreakyDude

Well, you are a rich man and I am poor. I have ordered many tanks from various stores during the past 10 years. I can tell which store is honest and which one is lying. Obviously, you have invested a huge amount of money and have to protect your investment to generate huge profits for you. Good luck with your investment...

fartin around and I thought hey i'll check the tanks forum to see what is up. Boy did I visit at an opportune time to voice an opinion.
Wilson95 i have read your comments, obviously, you know very little about business and in particular the hobby industry. So here is a brief education, winonagr in all likelihood does work 16 hour days as a hobby owner. Small business absorb a freakishly large amount of time in particular with regard to the hobby world. His huge profits are not huge at all. By the time he has paid all his bills and taxes ( Canada is a very heavily taxed country by the way ) I bet he is lucky to pull 4% roi. ( 4% return on a 100k investment and I fire my money manager for doing a piss poor job ) You see the issue with the hobby world is the LHS now has to compete with manufacturers on a global basis, internet providers and other small businesses that don't stock product, don't have employees and don't have service like an LHS. These all cost money and owning a bricks and mortar business is a huge investment with little payback. I don't know any LHS owners that are rolling in the dough, they truly do it for the love of the hobby.
You have slagged Taigen tanks which are among the best in the world from a quality point of view, regardless of what you compare them too. It is a good product with a decent value. You have slagged Taigen for service and mailing issues and to be honest I know they are checked before shipping and I know Erick and his service level. Erick is a good guy and his service in stand up and proven over many years of service to this hobby. I know Erick loves the hobby and wants it to grow, I know taigen has invested in this hobby as they have released some great new product with more to come. A quick check on winonagr at the BBB shows he has been in business for some time and has no complaints against him so I will take him at his word.
what I don't know is you, Obviously a person with a hidden agenda that wants to attack people/product because of a poor choice you made when purchasing a product. It kills me when people hide behind a keyboard spewing venom.
if you want your opinion to matter you need to stand up and stop hiding first, your actions to date are that of a troll
Old 02-02-2018, 07:39 PM
WILSON95

WOW, is this still a free speech forum? I just expressed a little bit thoughts from a customer's stand and received various attacks from different IDs, all speaking for the boss. Is it so terrifying to hear different opions? Or is it so important to suppress free speech to grow a business?
Old 02-02-2018, 07:41 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, still free speech. Which is why others are free to offer opinions and observations that differ from yours. Once begin with personal attacks, you should expect the same in return.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:46 PM
WILSON95

Originally Posted by armornut
Wow. Kinda an ******* thing to say. Sorry, you can ban me for that, but he's really being an ass. If you boot me, he better get the boot too though....
You are right
Old 02-05-2018, 11:56 PM
blueimperator

Hi, and thanks again for the response, after checking all wiring and testing the motor in the recoil housing is the culprit. i had a spare recoil for a new upcoming project jagdpanzer IV and used that first and it works like a charm now. Got to now buy back the parts i used up for the KT , also do you know when youll have the metal tracks for the PZ IV in stock again?

also any idea which is a better MFU to put on these tanks, since i dont know and used what was given, i am just going to try 1 each and go from there.

also is there any sort of directions on putting on the wheels of mid model tiger? are the suspension arms different from the eary model?

thanks

KT is solved now, moving on to my mix matched tiger,
Old 02-06-2018, 05:27 AM
blueimperator

Hah hah hah,
and the problem arose again! wow i am stumped, better yet the turret lower and rise works intermittently and the smoke unit stopped as well. its a little worrisome as the units seem to be fried. could this be the MFU? its a brand new one and its never happened before.
this time i tried the tiger turret and same thing no firing recoil. all the wires have been checked unless i am missing soething ???
not good, this really puts a dent in my builds

thanks
Old 02-06-2018, 06:14 AM
Cruiser133

WOW, is this still a free speech forum? I just expressed a little bit thoughts from a customer's stand and received various attacks from different IDs, all speaking for the boss. Is it so terrifying to hear different opions? Or is it so important to suppress free speech to grow a business?
I have no dog in the fight, but I will tell you if you act professionally here, you will be treated professionally here. You have a low post count, so earn your way around here before attempting to be the curmudgeon of RCU.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:28 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blueimperator
Hah hah hah,
and the problem arose again! wow i am stumped, better yet the turret lower and rise works intermittently and the smoke unit stopped as well. its a little worrisome as the units seem to be fried. could this be the MFU? its a brand new one and its never happened before.
this time i tried the tiger turret and same thing no firing recoil. all the wires have been checked unless i am missing soething ???
not good, this really puts a dent in my builds

thanks
Do you have another known-to-be-working MFU to swap in? If you have the same issues, it might be a wiring issue. If not, it's probably the MFU.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:11 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Joeyy that resurected this thread from the depths obviously did not read that the kit does not come with electronics.
And a kit is a kit. I have bought some sherman kits and one was missing some parts. They just didnt get packed i guess. It was sorted out and i got the parts.
As for shipping, geez usps, ups. Fedex they all do damage. I bought a taigen sherman second hand from a friend amd when it arrived the screw tab on the bottom of the turret that screws to the ring gear had broken off, likelt from being dropped upside down and the weight of the turret broke it. Things happen. Thats all.
tiagen takes good care of customers. They can be slow when backed up and sometimes you have to chekc back but ive been quite happy with my dealings.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

As the friend that sold Rich the Sherman I can tell you for sure that all the postal carriers can do damage at any given moment, no matter how carefully you pack a tank. I've sold and shipped quite a few tanks and I'd say one out of four will take some damage. That's the reason that when I do finally finish and sell the 1/6 Hetzer it will be pick up only. There's just no way I could ship this tank without damage. The only way to absolutely insure that the tank won't take damage is if you pick it up from the retailer and drive it home, avoiding UPS, USPS, DHL, Fedex and any other delivery service. Since that just isn't possible for everyone, tanks are going to get damaged. The saving grace is the way Imex stands by their stuff and makes any shipping damage right. And they don't stop until the customer is satisfied. Erik and Imex have a well deserved excellent rep here, and any attack on them will always draw a response from their many friends and customers here.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:11 PM
WILSON95

Originally Posted by Cruiser133
I have no dog in the fight, but I will tell you if you act professionally here, you will be treated professionally here. You have a low post count, so earn your way around here before attempting to be the curmudgeon of RCU.
You have no dog? I just saw one
Old 02-07-2018, 06:09 AM
Cruiser133

You have no dog? I just saw one
I do, a yellow Lab. She is huge and likes to attack my Taigen tanks so she plays the role of Godzilla while my boys and I chase her around the room with our working and full functioning tanks. Fun had by all
Old 02-07-2018, 06:07 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FreakyDude
fartin around and I thought hey i'll check the tanks forum to see what is up. Boy did I visit at an opportune time to voice an opinion.
Wilson95 i have read your comments, obviously, you know very little about business and in particular the hobby industry. So here is a brief education, winonagr in all likelihood does work 16 hour days as a hobby owner. Small business absorb a freakishly large amount of time in particular with regard to the hobby world. His huge profits are not huge at all. By the time he has paid all his bills and taxes ( Canada is a very heavily taxed country by the way ) I bet he is lucky to pull 4% roi. ( 4% return on a 100k investment and I fire my money manager for doing a piss poor job ) You see the issue with the hobby world is the LHS now has to compete with manufacturers on a global basis, internet providers and other small businesses that don't stock product, don't have employees and don't have service like an LHS. These all cost money and owning a bricks and mortar business is a huge investment with little payback. I don't know any LHS owners that are rolling in the dough, they truly do it for the love of the hobby.
You have slagged Taigen tanks which are among the best in the world from a quality point of view, regardless of what you compare them too. It is a good product with a decent value. You have slagged Taigen for service and mailing issues and to be honest I know they are checked before shipping and I know Erick and his service level. Erick is a good guy and his service in stand up and proven over many years of service to this hobby. I know Erick loves the hobby and wants it to grow, I know taigen has invested in this hobby as they have released some great new product with more to come. A quick check on winonagr at the BBB shows he has been in business for some time and has no complaints against him so I will take him at his word.
what I don't know is you, Obviously a person with a hidden agenda that wants to attack people/product because of a poor choice you made when purchasing a product. It kills me when people hide behind a keyboard spewing venom.
if you want your opinion to matter you need to stand up and stop hiding first, your actions to date are that of a troll
NIce to see you back Curtis!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.