Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Panzer IV Tamiya speaker.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panzer IV Tamiya speaker.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Panzer IV Tamiya speaker.

Hey all,

I'm probably close to starting a PnzIV build, and I've discovered that a Tamiya speaker for it is harder to find than I imagined. Where can I find one / anyone have one up for sale?

It's be a HL build up to Tammy standards (coughnotthatkindofthreadcoughcough), but I assume the Tamiya speaker will fit in the back just the same.

Any help & input is appreciated
Old 05-10-2013, 05:03 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Panzer IV Tamiya speaker.

Did you try the AAF .

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/Produc...ctCode=9725931

Jimmy
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Strato50

Nothing against the AAF but, not a chance for $52... :|
Old 05-10-2013, 05:52 PM
White Tiger88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Strato50

Nothing against the AAF but, not a chance for $52... :|
]

Why not stick one of these babies in?

http://www.shop.immortalhobbies.com/...8787878701.htm

Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 PM
phasor

Hi,

I have both the Tamiya and HL Pz IV. The Tamiya Panzer IV speaker will not fit inside HL (even if you give up the smoke unit) because of the battery compartment. There are many alternative speakers that are better sounding than stock HL.

Gerry
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Visation makes a killer speaker, I'd jump on that FR8 from Immortal if it fits. I had to get mine from overseas. You can find the dimensions of all their products on their site.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Ronan87

+1 to the FR8

Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 PM
FreakyDude

Strato  I just got in some new speakers, would you want to test one for me? The cost of shipping is the only thing I would want and the feedback. I have one hooked up, it is close, very very close to Visaton quality, at least in my opinion bit I need it verified.
same dimmensions as this
the hz are a bit off as it has more of the low end and not so much on the top.
I'll still carry the visatons but like everything else I want an economy line too.
This baby fits perfectly in PZIII, PZIV, Stugs and Shermans. 
Old 05-10-2013, 10:24 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Strato50

Hey all,

I'm probably close to starting a PnzIV build, and I've discovered that a Tamiya speaker for it is harder to find than I imagined. Where can I find one / anyone have one up for sale?

It's be a HL build up to Tammy standards (coughnotthatkindofthreadcoughcough), but I assume the Tamiya speaker will fit in the back just the same.

Any help & input is appreciated

I have one brand new in the box that bought for a Jagdpanzer project. I got a good deal on it, but don't remember the excact price. I'm now in Danville and can't check the invoice. I will PM you.

It looks like this, correct?
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Strato50

ORIGINAL: phasor

Hi,

I have both the Tamiya and HL Pz IV. The Tamiya Panzer IV speaker will not fit inside HL (even if you give up the smoke unit) because of the battery compartment. There are many alternative speakers that are better sounding than stock HL.

Gerry
I'd be cutting out the stock battery box in any case, I hate where they sit in the HL tanks.

The reason I'd like to try out a Tamiya speaker is that I have 2 clark TK-22's, but only my KV-2 has a 'stock' Tamiya speaker in it. The thing absolutely roars. Its a combination of a good solid speaker box and proper porting.

I have the Visation in my clark-Sherman, and being almost 'in the open', I can hardly get it to overcome the noise of the tank running. I have to run the KV-2 at half volume as to not drown out other tankers voices, hehe.

Curtis I'll check it out for sure, shoot me a mail.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Strato50

On the same note as my first post... will a Tamiya Tiger speaker fit in an asiatam Tiger hull?

From what I can see, the speaker sits 'on top' of the hull shelf, with space underneath it. I dont think with the spring loaded hull latch mechanism it would fit.. Dang.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:11 AM
ausf

You can build a speaker box to deepen the bass. I used to build my own 'folded horn' bass cabinets for 15" speakers when I'd play out. The back of the speaker faces the audience, a lot of punch in a small space.

Just turn your hull into a speaker enclosure. I used a small section of PVC pipe in my StuG, with two 3/8" ports, the speaker is bolted straight through the hull bottom.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:16 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tamiya speakers are 4 Ohm and as a result are louder. As you mentioned the speaker box design also helps. Aura's are another brand of speakers that are killers. 3 " are awesome but they are deep so it takes a special tank to mount them

This little 2 inch will fit in just about anything and would be perfect in the PZIV. They are hitting 84 dba at 1 Watt

[link=http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-2-fullrange/aurasound-nsw2-326-8at-2-full-range/]Aura speaker[/link].
Old 05-11-2013, 06:20 AM
FreakyDude

Strato   I'll pop the tester in the mail today or tommorow. Build a box around it. I always do and my sound level is fine
Old 05-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Panther G

No but you can modify the Tamiya tiger mspeaker box to fit the Asiatam hull. i have done it to mine. It will also interfear with the traverse motor so the top of the speaker box needs work to but as i said it can be done.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Strato50

ORIGINAL: Panther G

No but you can modify the Tamiya tiger mspeaker box to fit the Asiatam hull. i have done it to mine. It will also interfear with the traverse motor so the top of the speaker box needs work to but as i said it can be done.
Yea I was also considering just moving the traverse motor to the front, there is space to do so.

But then I realized it's kind of an arbitrary point for me, I have an upgrade 'SLU' speaker in the HL speaker box on my Tiger, and again, it roars.. Maybe I'll go rebuild the box I built on my Sherman.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:22 AM
strmnd54

ORIGINAL: YHR

Tamiya speakers are 4 Ohm and as a result are louder. As you mentioned the speaker box design also helps. Aura's are another brand of speakers that are killers. 3 " are awesome but they are deep so it takes a special tank to mount them

This little 2 inch will fit in just about anything and would be perfect in the PZIV. They are hitting 84 dba at 1 Watt

[link=http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-2-fullrange/aurasound-nsw2-326-8at-2-full-range/]Aura speaker[/link].
Thanks for the link for the aura speakers....I checked their site and found that they have a distributor in St-Hubert P.Q. ( near Montreal)...
I've been looling for small size speakers for a while and bought a pair of those....www.solen.ca/pdf/aura/NSW1-205-8A.pdf

Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Isn't the KV speaker the same as the Panzer IV? Appears like it to me as I have one for my KV project.

I would check to see if there is a price difference as it looks like they are only different in color. I looked on eBay but it seems there are none available at the moment.

~ Jeff