Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Library Upgrade - Favorite ref book

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Library Upgrade - Favorite ref book

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 AM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Library Upgrade - Favorite ref book

So as it says what is your favorite book, My reference library needs some fresh info and pics, I have seen a few good books that I ordered but I would reach out to you guys as
your libraries are there. How bout naming some book titles etc Yes I know I can goolge them but you really don't get to see the inside pages and wether it is a good book or not.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Ronan87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Library Upgrade - Favorite ref book

I was recommended the following: 

ORIGINAL: pattoncommander

Pick up the Panzer Colors books I, II & III and any of the "In action" series (ie; Tiger in Action") all by Squadron. Plenty of color pics along with history and locations. .
Old 05-12-2013, 03:29 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Library Upgrade - Favorite ref book

I'm not sure if the Panzer Colors are still in print, unless they were recently rereleased. I found them used a few years back, they're okay and you'll find some interesting stuff in them, but I wouldn't trust them as a definitive reference, it's more of a pile of pics.

It really depends on your interest, but if you're looking for Tigers, any of the Schneider Tigers in Combat or the Restayn books, Western and Eastern Front are excellent resources as well as Jentz' Germany's Tiger Tanks.

For general German references, you can't go wrong with any JJ Fedorowicz books, although they are pretty pricey, more like textbooks @ around $80-100 new. I'm about to put my copies of Operation Citadel up for sale to finance my next Tamiya. Fortunately, you can find some of them as Stackpole editions now, Like the Wittmann book. Their Combat histories are great for ref pics and some harrowing stories directly from the sources, I have the 503, 507 and 508. Funklenkpanzer is a beauty if you're interested in Goliaths, Borgwards and other nasty explosive stuff.

Schiefer books are sort of hit and miss, you can find exhaustive references mixed in with crap.