Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX6i & Clark programming question.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Spektrum DX6i & Clark programming question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 05:10 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6i & Clark programming question.

Hey all, my 'issue' is more of a function of the Clark boards that I'm not a huge fan of (despite being a huge clark fan overall )

When you're in normal steering mode, ie you have the normal ability to pivot in place (Tiger, Panther etc) and are travelling along happily at speed and decide to make a HARD turn, you make the turn as per normal until you reach the left/right limit of your controller... and boom, opposite track to the turn which was just coming to a stop goes into full reverse, thus entering pivot mode.

This is fine on hard surfaces but on grass it is not the best of situations. Especially while you're motoring around and don't expect to enter pivot mode.

Here's my idea; can I program my DX6i or any other computer radio to limit the aileron (steering) travel to say, 90% ONLY while the elevator (throttle) is at maximum?

I can't think of an obvious way to do it but I think it's possible.

My other thought is that pivoting should only occur when you move full aileron left/right, and THEN apply throttle/elevator... but that's a Clark thing.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:52 AM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spektrum DX6i & Clark programming question.

Hi, Strato50,

Just need to set mixer mode on TK board to
Tank mode 2 and pivot turn is gone, simple?

Regards,
Clark

Old 05-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Strato50

That's what I have been doing on my other models :P

I'd just like to be able to pivot on tanks that COULD pivot, like the Tiger, while not having to worry about tearing a track off at high speed.

I'll do some programming research on my Spektrum.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:16 AM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:19 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Does the dx6 have a rate mode? On my dx 5 I can switch it onto low rate and on my Tamiya I don't get the pivot. I do actually have this issue with my jagdpanther, it proportional steers upto very shallow turns but very easily goes into hard turns :/ None of my other tamiyas do this and I'd like to find a solution!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Strato50

I was driving it around today and honestly it's not as bad as I thought. I could set the low rate down on the aileron and it would do the trick, and just switch over to high rate when I want to pivot / show off

Also with all of my Clark tanks I have to set the aileron to -40% exponential to get better & more precise steering response, on stock Clarks it's too 'loose'

Thank you though :P
Old 05-25-2013, 11:07 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can go in and set the travel adjustments however you want as well as expo or dual rates.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:28 PM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a really good point. Regardless of what board you have there is only so much programming of the board that you can do. 
Part of the programming is a setting on what type of turn you can make with the Clark board.

Here is the real advantage of the Clark 2.4ghz system over the HL  - using the Radio you can further tweak the major settings on the board.
The rates are a perfect example.  Switching between hi and low will give noticable changes.
Using the radio's programming options will expand the use of the Clark Board and allow you to get that extra mile of use from it.

Wish I had a cord to dowload my spectrum files and I would share them.