Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Tiger I

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 10:01 PM
PanzerAce
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tamiya Tiger I

I recently bought a Tamiya Tiger I. I am VERY pleased to say it is the best tank I have owned to date. However I can't seem to get the pull out of the motors. It was pulling left so I adjusted the rudder adjustment and it was driving straight. Turned it on today and it was pulling to the right. Spun the tank 180 and it pulled to left all on flat ground. Not sure what to do now. No matter how much I tune the rudder or trim it refuses to drive straight. Help please
Old 06-24-2013, 02:26 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Tiger I

First of reset and recalibrate the Dmd. Then check your wheel alignment. Try turning the tracks by hand, see if any things dragging or snagging. Finally try swapping over the motors and see if it's an issue there.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:10 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There could be a whole host of simple reasons, from Tx trims to uneven number of links or track tension.

I'd start like Tom suggested as well as compare tracks sides in link number and tension. Keep in mind it'll probably never travel in an exact straight line, anything that may momentarliy slow down one side like a sprocket skip or debris will cause in to veer.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 AM
PanzerAce

Appreciate the help. I reset the dmd last night. Upon inspection, the right sprocket ever so slightly "wobbles" as if the shaft is bent. Not enough to impact performance but when it is elevated and ran at high speed the bend is noticeable. This however could also be a flaw in the sprocket itself and not the drive shaft. I have not broken it down to indicate the shaft to determine how much or if it is even bent. It does drive straight now as I have managed to fine tune it finally.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:25 AM
karel47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have both tracks the equal amount of trackpieces ?

simple to tell
Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 AM
PanzerAce

They do. All that has been checked and sorted out.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:08 PM
thecommander

Remove the tracks and see if the TUs perform equally sans track. Idle thru top speed. Turn the speaker down to see if one TU is noisier than the other. Are they lubed well? Make sure all the trims (Both TX and the Tamiya on the DMD) are centered. Then run Tamiya set-up. Check the voltage out-put with a voltmeter. All being equal then check the tracks and Ilders. IF all is good them try another transmitter. BTW...always use a fully charged battery.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 PM
PanzerAce

Thanks commander! This is why I love this forum! I keep everything lubed very well. Removed tracks and centered everything and run the set up. Everything checks out and it is running perfectly now. It has plenty of power running dual Venom 5000 MaH in it. Like I said in the 1st post it is an incredible tank although it has been discontinued for some time now. While on the subject, what brand of metal tracks do you suggest? I know Heng Long and Tamiya vary on many parts but are alike in many ways. Also what about durability of the tracks?