RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 02:16 PM
  #26
YHR
 
YHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CANADA
Posts: 8,967
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Congratulations are in order. After 31 years you have earned it. That should be the goal of all of us. Work hard, be smart, and enjoy the fruits of the labor at a point in your life that you can still enjoy them.
YHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
  #27
CHIEFSONN
 
CHIEFSONN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 760
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Congratulation Bob it has finely come,the moment that you were waiting for yesterday. Enjoy it Bob. But I have to agree with Jeff while performing an extremely difficult job, you manage to be more involved in a hobby and travel more than anyone I know. and not alone. "there is always will you be coming with me, come will have a blast " keep it up and make the good times roll.
CHIEFSONN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:49 PM
  #28
thecommander
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: hillsdale, NJ
Posts: 3,143
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

WOW guys thanks for all the well wishes. I appreciate your taking time out to say a few kind words. I must answer all of you.

Airbrusher...Thanks so much. The Great White North tankers rock.

Ausf....you hit the nail on the head pal. Hope we can now get together more...LOL.

Herman...more time....less money. Congrats on your retirement too.

Stince...Do you have any suggestions for a hobby?

Stun...Thank you Brother. I have enjoyed so much of it. But the stress is building and the flesh is weakening. I am missing my family and friends way too much. Thanks for blazing the trail. I can still shoot 100s, but it is not as easy as it used to be. The gun sights are getting fuzzier as the years go on.

Elefant...Merci boucoups My bike of preference is pictured below with Santa.

Panther...LOL Thanks Jeff. Maybe in 1982 when I started the PD, but now I am not fit to be a NFL waterboy.

MAUS...Thanks pal. Hope to see you again in Danville.

Danny.... I lead my PD in criminal arrests for 18 years. And in tickets for 23 years. Now is it someone elses turn. (PS of the 65,000 cars I stopped only 16,000 got tickets)

Karen...Thanks so much. You guys always treat me like family. As a family you have done more for this hobby than ANYONE else.

Love to Build....Bill, That Elefant is on the back, back, back burner. Peach schnapps or Corona are my liquors of choice so I'll stock up now. You are my Elefant hero...LOL

Jeff... I love to plan ahead for visits and events. I also enjoy driving. I am blessed with great friends all over. The DAK crew just visited us at Danville and I'd like ot go out there next (when it is a bit cooler). I have many invitations from some of the best people in our hobby.

dyeager...envious, I wish you all the best and hope your turn comes soon.

Scott...Thanks so much pal. I have imensely enjoyed out time enjoying this hobby. Thanks for all your hard work for NEAD.

rgburrill... I think you are just busting my chops and just kidding. So thank you.

Mike...I dream of another trip to Hawaii with my wife. Out honeymoow was 20 years ago. If I do make it soon I will bring a battle tank so we can play....(PS Your new radio is on the way)

Ausf...I feel like 80 years old after each 12 hour shift. I did 5 in a row this week.

Ex-Pat tanker...Thanks Martin. I hope to come back soon with the family or at least in June of 2014 for the 75th D-Day Aniversary. You are a true friend, Cheers Mate!!!

Strippersteel...Thank you sir. Of all the things I have done, saving lives on medical calls has been the most rewarding. As an EMT(25 years) & policeman(31) I have been both lucky and blessed. One guy last spring died on me 4 times in 10m minutes. We brought him back FIVE!!!! That's him in the center of first pic.

Dan... Thank you. I eagerly look forward to battling with you again. Maybe we can meet at the DAK battlefield. You are always a gentleman.

Wayne...You seemed so happy in retirement I had to join you. Thanks for sharing all those road trips with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40518.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1895900   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45511.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1895901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60160.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1895902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79508.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	1895903  
thecommander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:00 PM
  #29
DaveBcool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 540
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Thanks for your service Bob. And thanks for getting me hooked on this hobby.
I look forward to many more years of Battling.
Congrats.
DaveBcool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:03 PM
  #30
thecommander
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: hillsdale, NJ
Posts: 3,143
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !


Quote:
ORIGINAL: DaveBcool

Thanks for your service Bob. And thanks for getting me hooked on this hobby.
I look forward to many more years of Battling.
Congrats.
I remember it well Dave when I handed you a transmitter....LOL. You were destined for this. I have never seen a guy take to this hobby and battle so well, so fast, as YOU!!! Your tank builds are first rate and your artistic talents shine thru in all you do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55415.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1895904  
thecommander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:04 PM
  #31
Pah co chu puk
 
Pah co chu puk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ridgway, CO
Posts: 2,354
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

WOW! That's a long time to put up with John Q Public. You have my respect.

I'm pushing 20 years as a firefighter so I have lots of respect for anyone who can do 31+ years in blue.

Thanks for all those cold, dark rainy nights you were on watch. The sunny nice days too.
Pah co chu puk is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:29 PM
  #32
thecommander
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: hillsdale, NJ
Posts: 3,143
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Pah co chu puk

WOW! That's a long time to put up with John Q Public. You have my respect.

I'm pushing 20 years as a firefighter so I have lots of respect for anyone who can do 31+ years in blue.

Thanks for all those cold, dark rainy nights you were on watch. The sunny nice days too.
I rarely catch people at their best. I usually meet them only when it hits the fan.

I have often heard the phrase... Many people don't like cops, but everybody loves a fireman.

I have done a load of reading on those l o n g nights. I love the outdoors and extreme weather so for me it was not a hassle. I had many long and late night phone calls with Phil Pfleuger (God rest his soul), Steve Sharkey, Brett, Dennis, Gene, Jimmy Kuhn and Mike Krieger and many more RCU buddies.
thecommander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:51 PM
  #33
okdreamin
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: boomer sooner, OK
Posts: 57
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Congrats Bob   Enjoy your retirement!!
okdreamin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM
  #34
thecommander
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: hillsdale, NJ
Posts: 3,143
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Quote:
ORIGINAL: okdreamin

Congrats Bob Enjoy your retirement!!
Thank you. I have dreamt of this for years. It is expensive to live here in congested northern NJ. Too fast paced. I'm tired of running around like a maniac, chasing people and running calls. I'd like to move to the country. On a lake would be fantastic. I also love to bass fish.

PS My wife has been saving that shirt to give me for 6 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24274.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	1895909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57910.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1895910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79466.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	1895911  
thecommander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM
  #35
Ron101
 
Ron101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 1,833
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Thank you so much for your service!
I hate that phrase: Many people don't like cops, but everybody loves a fireman

you both do extremely difficult jobs and put your lives at risk for the good of man.... I say god bless you sir and may you have many many wonderful years in your retirement and enjoy your hobby.

I'm a contractor, I put in with my local Sheriff's Department and got hired to go to the next academy.... I have decided it's just to much stress and not the right job for me. You are a speacial breed...it's not for everyone.

I heart felt thank you for all the lives you have touched along the way
Ron
Ron101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 PM
  #36
thecommander
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: hillsdale, NJ
Posts: 3,143
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ron101

Thank you so much for your service!
I hate that phrase: Many people don't like cops, but everybody loves a fireman

you both do extremely difficult jobs and put your lives at risk for the good of man.... I say god bless you sir and may you have many many wonderful years in your retirement and enjoy your hobby.

I'm a contractor, I put in with my local Sheriff's Department and got hired to go to the next academy.... I have decided it's just to much stress and not the right job for me. You are a speacial breed...it's not for everyone.

I heart felt thank you for all the lives you have touched along the way
Ron
Thanks Ron.

LOL....Nobody gets nervous when they see a fire truck right??? What happens when they see my BMW bike or patrol car behind them. It is human nature. We cause anxiety.

Thanks for the well wishes. I was destined for this. I commend you for knowing what you want. It is very stressful we are second only to air traffic controllers in stress. My family and faith kept me going. Join a police reserve and you can do it part time. I volunteered for years before getting paid to do it. I look forward to being more with active with my volunteer ambulance corps.
thecommander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:59 PM
  #37
DJLaPalme
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cocoa, FL
Posts: 438
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Well after all this time you finally pulled the plug. Now what are you going to do? After running around Europe with you and Steve for nine days I know with your motor you won't be able to slow down too much. Enjoy the time with your family and friends and fellow tankers! You have earned it. Maybe you will have time for a SLOW tour of Europe next year. Again, congradulations friend and may God bless you with many years to enjoy it! I know a few people in Fl. that know a lot of excellent Bass fishing spots and there is enough room in my side yard for your r.v. Come on down. Dennis
DJLaPalme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:20 PM
  #38
llindsey1965
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: AugustaGA
Posts: 288
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

congralations i just retired in june this year love it got time to fly my airplanes sleep as long as i want too !!!!
llindsey1965 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
  #39
kev308
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Merrick, NY
Posts: 92
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Congratulations Bob!!! Heres to a long and healthy retirement!

Kevin
kev308 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 PM
  #40
asimatt
 
asimatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: , OH
Posts: 140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Thanks for your service!!!!!! Now go live everyday like its your last!!!
asimatt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:31 PM
  #41
edoubleaz
 
edoubleaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,811
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Always room on the DAK battlefield. We have a few first responders on our crew.
edoubleaz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 PM
  #42
SGTMAJMVJ
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SMYRNA, GA
Posts: 183
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Good for you Bob! Congrats. See you in Danville. Bring the Flak truck in Nov. if you still have it by then.
SGTMAJMVJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 PM
  #43
Love To build
 
Love To build's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 326
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Bob , enjoy it . If you are anything like my brother( retired after 30 years from Edison PD), He works more hours now then he did when on the force. Not for the money but he has to be involved in something. So he does private company security. I'll have to pick up a bottle of schnapps. and stop by. LOL
Love To build is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM
  #44
TheBennyB
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 2,736
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Congratulations Bob! Thank you for your service in both the public and private theatre's. Looking forward to seeing you start your new endeavor's. I won't tell Maia about all your free time now as she may expect more shop time with you!!
TheBennyB is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:32 PM
  #45
DJLaPalme
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cocoa, FL
Posts: 438
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Oh and Bob, I forgot to mention for you and your daughter to bring your minnows with you. You should be able to catch some big Bass with them down here. Dennis
DJLaPalme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:32 PM
  #46
mustclime
 
mustclime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: westwood, NJ
Posts: 1,348
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rgburrill

Sorry, no congrats from me. I don't believe that anyone who has worked only 31.5 years has "earned" retirement.

lol....lets see.....i started working when I was 16 ( full time when I was 18 because Dad kicked me out of the house) and now I am50... so thats 32 years of full time work......I should be able to retire when I am 70( with a little luck)...dam! I should have been acivil servant tax collections agentthat collects atgun point ..........maybe next time if.... I don't come back as a cow......good luck Bob , thanks for your sevice
mustclime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:29 AM
  #47
slipknot 26
 
slipknot 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South East Florida
Posts: 84
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Again you have a snide remark rgburrill,You seem to do it often.I had a post deleted for saying something aboutyour nasty comments. 31 and a half years as a LE official and he does'nt deserve congradulations? You must be joking!! Congradulations Sir and Thank You for your service to the public, you certainly deserve it!!!
Quote:
ORIGINAL: rgburrill

Sorry, no congrats from me. I don't believe that anyone who has worked only 31.5 years has "earned" retirement.
slipknot 26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:36 AM
  #48
Airbrushler
 
Airbrushler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Windsor, ON, CANADA
Posts: 3,455
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

Quote:
ORIGINAL: thecommander

WOW guys thanks for all the well wishes. I appreciate your taking time out to say a few kind words. I must answer all of you.

Airbrusher...Thanks so much. The Great White North tankers rock.

Ausf....you hit the nail on the head pal. Hope we can now get together more...LOL.

Herman...more time....less money. Congrats on your retirement too.

Stince...Do you have any suggestions for a hobby?

Stun...Thank you Brother. I have enjoyed so much of it. But the stress is building and the flesh is weakening. I am missing my family and friends way too much. Thanks for blazing the trail. I can still shoot 100s, but it is not as easy as it used to be. The gun sights are getting fuzzier as the years go on.

Elefant...Merci boucoups My bike of preference is pictured below with Santa.

Panther...LOL Thanks Jeff. Maybe in 1982 when I started the PD, but now I am not fit to be a NFL waterboy.

MAUS...Thanks pal. Hope to see you again in Danville.

Danny.... I lead my PD in criminal arrests for 18 years. And in tickets for 23 years. Now is it someone elses turn. (PS of the 65,000 cars I stopped only 16,000 got tickets)

Karen...Thanks so much. You guys always treat me like family. As a family you have done more for this hobby than ANYONE else.

Love to Build....Bill, That Elefant is on the back, back, back burner. Peach schnapps or Corona are my liquors of choice so I'll stock up now. You are my Elefant hero...LOL

Jeff... I love to plan ahead for visits and events. I also enjoy driving. I am blessed with great friends all over. The DAK crew just visited us at Danville and I'd like ot go out there next (when it is a bit cooler). I have many invitations from some of the best people in our hobby.

dyeager...envious, I wish you all the best and hope your turn comes soon.

Scott...Thanks so much pal. I have imensely enjoyed out time enjoying this hobby. Thanks for all your hard work for NEAD.

rgburrill... I think you are just busting my chops and just kidding. So thank you.

Mike...I dream of another trip to Hawaii with my wife. Out honeymoow was 20 years ago. If I do make it soon I will bring a battle tank so we can play....(PS Your new radio is on the way)

Ausf...I feel like 80 years old after each 12 hour shift. I did 5 in a row this week.

Ex-Pat tanker...Thanks Martin. I hope to come back soon with the family or at least in June of 2014 for the 75th D-Day Aniversary. You are a true friend, Cheers Mate!!!

Strippersteel...Thank you sir. Of all the things I have done, saving lives on medical calls has been the most rewarding. As an EMT(25 years) & policeman(31) I have been both lucky and blessed. One guy last spring died on me 4 times in 10m minutes. We brought him back FIVE!!!! That's him in the center of first pic.

Dan... Thank you. I eagerly look forward to battling with you again. Maybe we can meet at the DAK battlefield. You are always a gentleman.

Wayne...You seemed so happy in retirement I had to join you. Thanks for sharing all those road trips with me.

ooooooooh do you get to keep the Bike i think you should beable to keep the bike
Airbrushler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:53 AM
  #49
ncsky
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 71
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

congratulations Bob!
ncsky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:04 AM
  #50
CHIEFSONN
 
CHIEFSONN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 760
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Retirement at last....AMEN. Thank You all !

A 1939 Harley Davidson flathead why not ! yea
CHIEFSONN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:14 AM.