Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1/16 new releases/ Accessories

Gentlemen, For your consideration.We are releasing by the end of the month (unless noted otherwise) the following 1/16th accessories. We have some images up on our facebook site. Items will be listed on our Ebay store.1) BSM 15003 Jagdpanzer 38[T] Hetzer Late War version2) BSM 15004 Bergehetzer 38[T] w/Spade (Autumn 2013)3) BSM 15005 Bergehetzer Interior Set (autumn 2013)4) BSM 15006 MG34 Remote Controlled MG for AFV (now available)5) BSM 15007 German Scissors Periscope for AFV 9now available)6) BSM 15008 German Hetzer Turned Aluminum Gun barrel w/ Threaded Muzzle End (early to mid war) (now available)7) BSM 15009 German Hetzer Turned Aluminum Gun Barrel w/ Capped Muzzle end (late war) (now available)8)) BSM 15010 Russian 85mm Wooden Ammo Crates (4 round style) w/shells9) BSM 15011 German 88mm Wooden Ammo Crates (single round style ) w/shell for King Tiger/ L7110) BSM 15012 German 88mm Wooden Ammo Crates (late war perforated lids) (3 round style ) w/HE & AP shells for Tiger I L/5611) BSM 15013 German 88mm Wooden Ammo Crates (mid war solid lids) (3 round style ) w/HE & AP shells for Tiger I L/5612) BSM 15014 German 75mm Wooden Ammo Crate (2 round style ) w/HE & AP shells for Panther KwK 7.513) BSM 15015 German 75mm Metal Ammo Tube (1 round container) for Panther14) BSM 15016 US 105mm Ammo Crates for 105MM howitzer (WWII style) (August 2013)15) BSM 15017 German 200L Fuel Drums w/etched lids (SS & Wehrmacht) Package of 4.16) BSM 15018 Russian T-34/85 Bed Spring Armor (etch set) For Trumpeter kit.17) BSM 15019 Russian T34/85 Etch fenders & detail set for Trumpeter kit.18) BSM 15020 European Concrete Fence w/Gate (resin) (available now)19) BSM 15021 Russian Recon ???? (available Autumn 2013)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx72568.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	1897325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx76770.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	1897326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Af88376.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	1897327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ga77496.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	1897328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kv15722.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	1897329  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fw28812.jpg 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	1897330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bd67872.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	1897331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sr59554.jpg 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	1897332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge65296.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	1897333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xj54790.jpg 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	1897334  

Attached Files Attached Files

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1/16 new releases/ Accessories

I would buy that Hetzer in a hot second if it was made of plastic(at least), and was rc-able. But the idea of a resin 1/16 static model just doesn't appeal to me...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any pictures/images and a link for the Russian T-34/85 Bed Spring Armor (etch set) For Trumpeter kit? I want to do this but have little time to scratch build it.

Thanks,

~ Jeff
    "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Any pictures/images and a link for the Russian T-34/85 Bed Spring Armor (etch set) For Trumpeter kit? I want to do this but have little time to scratch build it.

Thanks,

~ Jeff
    You read my mind.

What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The T34-85 bed spring armor is just about done, and I should be able to post some images in about a week once the etch comes back from the manufacturer. It is a full etch set, no resin.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another item of interest for a lot of folks might be the metal track links for our hetzer kits that we are now attempting to produce. No time frame on when they will be available. We have never cast metal before but after unsuccessfully being able to find a subcontractor for the project after almost 2 years, we decided that we would learn how to do this and make them ourselves.All our hetzer kits come with resin tracks, so the metal ones will be aftermarket item. If the tracks go well, then a pair of idler wheels and front drive sprockets will be next in line.Even though a 38t lower hull is more narrow than a Hetzer, these tracks possibly can be used with the new Panda 38t. However, I am not sure how their drive sprocket compares to ours. If it is accurate to scale as is ours, then they should fit. They would not be correct for the early war years though.I have attached a pic of the new snap together track design. This allows flexibility and movement like a real track without the hassle of drilling and pinning each link.

Name:	Sq48259.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	1897399  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will be waiting for those metal Hetzer tracks
    Kevin O'C <S.C.A.T.> www.socalareatankers.com -Tamiya-Sherman/Tiger/Pershing/Pnzr IV/Kubelwagen/HL-Tiger, Pnzr III/Mato Sherman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bluestarmodelco

Another item of interest for a lot of folks might be the metal track links for our hetzer kits that we are now attempting to produce. No time frame on when they will be available. We have never cast metal before but after unsuccessfully being able to find a subcontractor for the project after almost 2 years, we decided that we would learn how to do this and make them ourselves.All our hetzer kits come with resin tracks, so the metal ones will be aftermarket item. If the tracks go well, then a pair of idler wheels and front drive sprockets will be next in line.Even though a 38t lower hull is more narrow than a Hetzer, these tracks possibly can be used with the new Panda 38t. However, I am not sure how their drive sprocket compares to ours. If it is accurate to scale as is ours, then they should fit. They would not be correct for the early war years though.I have attached a pic of the new snap together track design. This allows flexibility and movement like a real track without the hassle of drilling and pinning each link.

THERE WE GO!! I'll buy a Hetzer kit if metal tracks are available for it. The Hetzer or the Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Sd.Kfz. 138/2) is the most sinister looking SP AFV EVER

Looking forward to this and the bed spring armor! I appreciate that.

~ Jeff
    "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Regarding the metal tracks: I know the hassle of drilling out these links with the numerous attachment points, believe me, I just finished 93 Panda Hobby links, but how long do you you think it will take for metal on metal to wear enough to pop out? The pivot with be in the same place over and over, not spread out over a pin of different material. Fruil uses pins pins on 1/35 and smaller links.

I don't mean that as a challenge, I'm dying for someone to cast metal links for this and certainly hope it's not the case. I'd buy a bunch of your Hetzers once metal links are available. The PH 38(t) is pretty easy to RC, you Hetzer should be even easier.
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

contract Kenny Kong to produce this tracks....possible?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: modeltank

contract Kenny Kong to produce this tracks....possible?

Yeah... that an idea.

They must be RC ready.

~ Jeff
    "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's what I mean by "the most sinister looking SP AFV EVER"

Talk about a "low in the weeds" enemy just waiting to ambush another tank. Normal tanks would dwarf the sidecar bike but the Hetzer doesn't.

~ Jeff
    "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ausf

Regarding the metal tracks: I know the hassle of drilling out these links with the numerous attachment points, believe me, I just finished 93 Panda Hobby links, but how long do you you think it will take for metal on metal to wear enough to pop out? The pivot with be in the same place over and over, not spread out over a pin of different material. Fruil uses pins pins on 1/35 and smaller links.

I don't mean that as a challenge, I'm dying for someone to cast metal links for this and certainly hope it's not the case. I'd buy a bunch of your Hetzers once metal links are available. The PH 38(t) is pretty easy to RC, you Hetzer should be even easier.
    ~~~~~~~~

I had the same thought about the snap tracks ...........
    Rex
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Appreciate the feedback. We'll try and see what happens. The worst case is a metal track that is good only for appearances on the scale model. Maybe someone else will pick up the ball and run with it for RC guys if ours fail to do the job adequately.Keep in mind the tracks we designed are not for RC modelers in particular. We get a lot of requests for metal tracks from static modelers also, who prefer a realistic sag etc and ease of assembly.We were looking for a metal track that gives the proper look, feel/weight/sag that a real track does. All the products we do are designed primarily for static models because that's our primary focus. We hope that there is some crossover between the static guys and the RC modelers and that is why I post some of our new products here.I know some RC modelers have elaborate battlegrounds and great displays for your vehicles so that is why I though the accessory items might be of interest.The new track link design is a revised design over our original design featured in our first hetzer kit. A resin track with ease of assembly and a flexible track was the objective.These new style resin links are standard in our late war hetzer kit now. The problem with subcontractors is this: A Non-Compete Agreement. We have so far been unable to find ANY company who will take on a metal casting project for a few thousand individual track links who will sign a non-compete agreement.China is out of the question as everything gets bootlegged there.Glad to see the + feedback about the T34/85 sets. We put some work into these.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know what your numbers are on the links, but RC guys usually drop in th $100 range for working metal tracks with sprocket and idler. I'm not sure I've seen static guys spend that as an add on just for sag, so I'm guessing your target is lower. If you could swing drilled out, it would be a slam dunk for you, even if it wasn't assembled. Xion makes you assemble their metal Kettenkrad tracks and that kit is $250. Fruil just gives you links and a bunch of wire.

I thought/felt the same way as you when I started in this business in terms of proprietary info and bootlegging. Truth is, as soon as you start selling an item, if it's worth it to someone or easy enough, it'll be bootlegged, believe me. I sculpt masters for figures and bootleggin is always an issue in that field. I know a guy who premiered a figure on the first day of a big show and copies where being sold at the same show by the third day. You needn't spend too much time worrying about it or let it keep you from selling a product. Your North American, European and Australian customers will buy from you and when knockoff arise on eBay, etc, they can be stopped. A good customer base will even report this to you.

I'm the maker of this tool as well as others:
    http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.co...werks16-04.htm

Every production run in the US got out of hand in costs and eventually it wasn't worth it to me, no matter how high I raised pricing. It's been a few years and I still get requests for it with a very long waiting list in case I produce it again. You would think it would have been copied by now, but it hasn't, because it's difficult to do. As it is, your kit could have been easily bootlegged by now.

Please don't take that as me trying to tell you what to do, I'm sure you'll sell more to static than RC, I'd just hate to see an opportunity missed since once those precious little links are cast in metal, the RC floodgates will be open to Hetzers, Marders, Vorps, etc...
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ausf

I don't know what your numbers are on the links, but RC guys usually drop in th $100 range for working metal tracks with sprocket and idler. I'm not sure I've seen static guys spend that as an add on just for sag, so I'm guessing your target is lower. If you could swing drilled out, it would be a slam dunk for you, even if it wasn't assembled. Xion makes you assemble their metal Kettenkrad tracks and that kit is $250. Fruil just gives you links and a bunch of wire.

I thought/felt the same way as you when I started in this business in terms of proprietary info and bootlegging. Truth is, as soon as you start selling an item, if it's worth it to someone or easy enough, it'll be bootlegged, believe me. I sculpt masters for figures and bootleggin is always an issue in that field. I know a guy who premiered a figure on the first day of a big show and copies where being sold at the same show by the third day. You needn't spend too much time worrying about it or let it keep you from selling a product. Your North American, European and Australian customers will buy from you and when knockoff arise on eBay, etc, they can be stopped. A good customer base will even report this to you.

I'm the maker of this tool as well as others:
    http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.co...werks16-04.htm

Every production run in the US got out of hand in costs and eventually it wasn't worth it to me, no matter how high I raised pricing. It's been a few years and I still get requests for it with a very long waiting list in case I produce it again. You would think it would have been copied by now, but it hasn't, because it's difficult to do. As it is, your kit could have been easily bootlegged by now.

Please don't take that as me trying to tell you what to do, I'm sure you'll sell more to static than RC, I'd just hate to see an opportunity missed since once those precious little links are cast in metal, the RC floodgates will be open to Hetzers, Marders, Vorps, etc...

Hey, I'd buy one of your fender benders if you ever make them again!!

Jerry
    - http://tanks.linite.com/

~ Then give three cheers, and one cheer more,
    For the hardy Captain of the Pinafore! ~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry Jerry, I only have my prototype left (besides a bunch of parts and boxes) and use it almost daily.

Even @ $140 there was little profit when production prices rose. Too much to lay out when I made more money off a T-shirt.
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I get around to it I'll at least have some pretty good info, there is a Hetzer 20 minutes from my house. I stand beside it and my head is almost even with the top of the tank.

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Here's what I mean by "the most sinister looking SP AFV EVER"

Talk about a "low in the weeds" enemy just waiting to ambush another tank. Normal tanks would dwarf the sidecar bike but the Hetzer doesn't.

~ Jeff

Name:	Mj24373.jpg 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	1897585  
    www.shop.immortalhobbies.com

North American Distributor Of The Clark TK20 and TK22 Boards