Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Clark Board TK22 demo sounds out there???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark Board TK22 demo sounds out there???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 07:06 PM
T Skaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clark Board TK22 demo sounds out there???

Are there any demo sounds of the Clark TK22 board for TIGER1 that I could listen to before I purchase?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:06 PM
FreakyDude

Default RE: Clark Board TK22 demo sounds out there???

I have my KT herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO61GufWNqQ if that isn't good enough for you let me know, I am just putting a Tiger and Jagdpanther together and I could do a video for you.
there are lots of vid's on you tube of the Clark TK22 as well.
ORIGINAL: T Skaz

Are there any demo sounds of the Clark TK22 board for TIGER1 that I could listen to before I purchase?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 PM
T Skaz

Would you say it sounds better than the SLU or Benedini boards. A gentleman on this forum sight name Dan sells a complete board...forgot which one but not a clark.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:21 PM
T Skaz

Is that Clark TK22 hard to install.....soldering, wiring cutting, all that stuff?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:23 PM
T Skaz

Sounds great...better than HL. Does it have the track squeaks?
Old 07-13-2013, 10:56 PM
T Skaz

What do you know about the Benedini board? Does it sound good? Do you know how much $$$$ ?
Old 07-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

you have to talk to YHR about it i like the stuff he does with it he mixes it with the DBC3

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11561168/tm.htm
Old 07-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Jussek

hi T Skaz

as i've not saw any reference to another alternative that exists, i will put it here: Beier USM-HL

if your tank's electronics is the RX18, you can install directly and with no any soldering this sound card

http://www.beier-electronic.de/modellbau/index.php

you will keep all the guts of your tank, but a change of speaker is advised, i use the visaton FRS7 (8 ohms) in both my tanks

all the sounds are customizable, she cames with several profiles, but i make my own. If you want to take a look:

Tiger profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMo-3IREYDs

Königtiger profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4enpzKdZAU

best regards

[/b]
Old 07-14-2013, 04:09 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can check out my website for demos and cost of the dbc3 and Benedini

[link=http://battlearmorrc.weebly.com/]Battle Armor RC[/link]

Cheers
Old 07-14-2013, 04:17 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you know about the Benedini board? Does it sound good? Do you know how much $$$$ ?
The Benedini is the cream of the crop when it comes to RC sound cards. It's used throughout the hobby, especially by the AC guys for engine noise, MG firing (sound and flash) as well as inventive stuff like wheel squeek on landings. It's only limited by your imagination. Dan has worked to make it compatible with the DBC, a board that makes your RX-18 (HL's stock control board) both Tamiya compatible for IR and 2.4 GHz ready for a better radio system.

If you plan on having more than one HL tank, you can mount the DBC/Benedini/speaker on a removable card and change tank to tank if you wish.

Dan will be able to get you the prices and all the info you need as well as support before and after if you decide to go with one.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:16 AM
FreakyDude

Skaz
I would say the Benedini sounds better but look at the cost of the board as well, The Beier sounds equivalent to the Benedini but again the cost of that sound car is pretty high as well.
The Clark TK boards are equivalent to the SLU with regard to the quality of sound. Only 2 sounds the SLU plays that Clark doesn't and that is track squeaks and you can have the panzerlied played on the SLU.
There is no soldering, cutting etc to install the Clark board, You just plug everything in and it works. There are 2 modifications you can make though
1) wire mod to the elevation so you have proportional elevation of the gun- reasonably skilled person should be able to do this in less than 15 or 20 minutes though
2) Servo recoil - little bit more mechanical knowledge here but you can modify the gun to use a servo for the recoil. This is a very realistic thing. estimated time - heavily depends on skill of modeller but an inexperienced person it might be as much as 3 or 4 hours.
I build the parts outside oif the tank then just install them, I can do the recoil in about 30 or 40 minutes but I have done oodles of them.

What I know about the benedini is that it is part of the DBC system although you can hook it up to the Clark board and it works very very well. The Clark has its own amplifier and you can use that to run the enginbe sounds into one speaker and the cannon and turret sounds into another speaker.
When done properly you can actually rev the tanks motor, there is a post by reymanuel on how to do it here somewhere.

Would you say it sounds better than the SLU or Benedini boards. A gentleman on this forum sight name Dan sells a complete board...forgot which one but not a clark.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:33 AM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jussek,

I also have a Beier, do you know how to hook it to HL's new 2.4g control board? CN8( receiver board port ) does not exist on new 2.4G board.

Regards,
Clark

Old 07-14-2013, 09:31 AM
T Skaz

Thanks for that in depth explanation. It was vary helpful. I am leaning on the Clark....less $$. Sounds easy except for going beyond plug in. All that other stuff you mentioned at the end sounds complicated. I'm real handy but don't want to screw it up and cost me more bucks. If I tare it down I would mostly like go the distance.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:44 AM
blademangler

Here's a [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aiv462G76Rw]youtube link[/link] that shows the battle sounds for a Clark TK-22 German board, which I believe is the Tiger I (even though it's in a Pzkw4, configured as a heavy tank). The Clark's a great board (especially the servo recoil with sound/flash sync & track recoil), but I'd love to get YHR's DBC3/Benedini set. His Panther sounds great!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:46 AM
FreakyDude

If your worried about the recoil let me know what tank you have and I'll work out a cost for the parts to do it. I have all the HL tanks in stock so I can pre-fit the parts. Really it is not hard to do, just a bit time consuming but it is like I said the recoil is an option, you can wire any recoil system to work with the Clark board. I have step by step guides done with exception to the recoil. I am working on that one but it is slow going when you have other things that need to get done.

Thanks for that in depth explanation. It was vary helpful. I am leaning on the Clark....less $$. Sounds easy except for going beyond plug in. All that other stuff you mentioned at the end sounds complicated. I'm real handy but don't want to screw it up and cost me more bucks. If I tare it down I would mostly like go the distance.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Jussek

hello Clark

i'm afraid that if the model is the USM-HL it would not work with the 2.4GHz electronics (the USM-RC will)

this is a link to the beier website that deals with this question, it's in german, but chrome translation works 'enough' to understand ;-)

http://www.beier-electronic.de/model...php?f=17&t=416

but maybe it would be better to ask beier directly

best regards
Old 07-14-2013, 04:21 PM
clarkmodel

Hi Jussek,

Sorry, I did no make it clear. my question is that HL has introduced a new 2.4G control board on thier leopard 2A6. we know USM-HL or DBC3 send command to CN8 on RX-18 to control it, but this new control board has no CN8(receiver board input), do you know how to hook USM-HL to new control board? I thought you're familiar with berier and I just want to hook berier to HL Leopard 2a6 and sell it.

I'll also try german berier forum or contact berier directly.

Regards,
Clark
Old 07-14-2013, 10:19 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Also the IBU2 board is now another alternative to all above mentioned systems.
It's a full option board (meaning it completely replaces the inside electronics) and interfaces with a common receiver (4 ch required).
-Sounds can be self-customized and come on a microSD card (most common sets already supplied).
- Track squeaking sound randomly played
-3W audio amplifier on-board (8W optional).
-Fully plug and play on any HL-style tank.
-Ring of leds for HL receiver apple supplied.
-Li-po support with voltage level monitoring.
-Bidirectional barrel elevation (no hardware modification required).
-HL, servo or Tamiya barrel recoil (no hardware modification required).
-Power consumption is highly optimized, even uses to regenerate power to the batteries during coasting and braking.

More on: [link=http://ibu2.forumattivo.com/f4-english-forum]IBU2 Portal[/link]
Old 07-15-2013, 04:35 AM
clarkmodel

Don't forget this, if you are looking for state-of-the-art Tiger I sound which no programmable sound card can achieve.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZolbkMZLYs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UXqCoon78g[/youtube]

Old 07-15-2013, 04:41 AM
T Skaz

Boy, now the decision is even more confusing for me.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Captain Nemo12

ORIGINAL: borealis

Also the IBU2 board is now another alternative to all above mentioned systems.
It's a full option board (meaning it completely replaces the inside electronics) and interfaces with a common receiver (4 ch required).
-Sounds can be self-customized and come on a microSD card (most common sets already supplied).
- Track squeaking sound randomly played
-3W audio amplifier on-board (8W optional).
-Fully plug and play on any HL-style tank.
-Ring of leds for HL receiver apple supplied.
-Li-po support with voltage level monitoring.
-Bidirectional barrel elevation (no hardware modification required).
-HL, servo or Tamiya barrel recoil (no hardware modification required).
-Power consumption is highly optimized, even uses to regenerate power to the batteries during coasting and braking.

More on: [link=http://ibu2.forumattivo.com/f4-english-forum]IBU2 Portal[/link]
Will you have a distributor in North-America that will carry this? Shipping from Europe will be a lot more costly.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I know Ivano/Scooter is working on it
Old 07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: clarkmodel

Don't forget this, if you are looking for state-of-the-art Tiger I sound which no programmable sound card can achieve.
???

I think the Benedini has been achieving this for years, as you can adjust the start voltage and have the tank rev up with out the motors breaking free, so as far as I know the Benedini has this covered?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 PM
clarkmodel

if listen carefully, you will find the engine rev, engin in different rpm, gear shift sounds are much close to real tiger, and in production version, different track squeaking sound will be synchronized to real track speed and randomly played

Regards,
Clark