Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Panzermodellbau Hermann INSOLVENT

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panzermodellbau Hermann INSOLVENT

Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 AM
fulps

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Angry Panzermodellbau Hermann INSOLVENT

Be informed that the german company "Panzermodellbau Hermann" is insolvent!
Several people in germany bring this company to court because of wilful defraud. One of them is me.

regards

Jochen Weiss
Old 08-14-2013, 05:52 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Never bought anything from him, but thanks for the warning
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm very sorry to hear this. I have two of Nils Hermann's models: His PzKw I and II in 1/10 scale. I also purchased his 1/10 scale tracks
and sprocket for my Hetzer.

I had heard that Nils lost some of his assistance which hurt his ability to product product. I want to say I do not know the exact details regarding his situation.

I've felt Nils took a wrong path when he aligned himself with that "Big Tanks Of America" guy. Where once Nils was responsive and communicative
he later pushed that onto BToA. BtoA offers little service in return for a 40% markup over Nils' original prices: a purchaser here in the States still had to arrange shipping and handle all
Customs paperwork. Why would anyone want to pay that for something they can bring in for themselves at little to no cost always baffled me.

I believe it is because of this Nils killed off his chance at what remains one of the most lucrative markets for hobby items that may have contributed to any difficulties. The US
market is by no means the the only way of making a living but it can't be ignored either. This is an unfortunate yet wholly avoidable loss to our hobby. Nils made some very unique models
and I'm glad to have two of them.

Jerry
Old 11-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Big Tanks of America

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nils Hermann filed for bankruptcy because he was lying to his customers in Germany and they filed a lawsuit against him for fraud and try to get their money back.

This has nothing to do with Big Tanks of America at all.
We are victims of Nils Hermann as well.

He repeatedly lied to us about the status of our orders and they did either not get started or not finished.

The way Nils Hermann conducts business smells like fraud.
While preparing for bankruptcy he was was pushing to get down payments in for new orders. Yet he claims no assets !
That is exactly why he is under investigation by law enforcement agencies in Germany.
To prevent from paying back anything he filed for bankruptcy.

Jerry, comments like yours are silly and useless. You got rather lucky to get anything for payments made years ago. MANY customers did NOT !
Old 11-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by Big Tanks of America

Jerry, comments like yours are silly and useless.
Really? I'm not going to defend Nils' current behavior but in those times years ago I wasn't the only satisfied customer. He had had a decent reputation.
I have no insight as to why or how he went wrong.

As for the other silly and useless comment tell us that what I said was not true: substantial markup for US customers who have to manage the shipment costs and
clearing through customs on their own. A model that I paid Nils $x directly for you charge nearly $ (x + (.4x)) for and I'd have pay for shipping and clear it through customs myself?
For that kind of markup I expect my purchase to be delivered to my doorstep with a smile without me having to do anything more than pay for it.

I repeat: WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DO THAT? I'm sure the comment could be considered useless but certainly not untrue. However it's all moot now, isn't it?

Jerry

Last edited by Tanque; 11-24-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Big Tanks of America

Good ole Jerry,

it is now the end of 2013, you bought one small tank when again? How many years ago?

You think the prices stayed the same over all these years? Its like with the gas prices, right, they are still at the 2005 level...

Also, models bought from us are covered with a warranty that your model does not have.

Models bought from us have a new level of detail that your model does not have.

I consider models like yours "1 Generation" while we sell "3rd Generation" models.
Little things you do not even know about.

You are the one and ONLY customer in the USA !

Correct is that EVERY customer has to pay for shipping and customs, worldwide. Except for pick up in Germany.
Standard and helps keeping cost down.
If you would want to pick up here in the USA we would have to calculate that into the price and it would not show. You would still pay for it like you do with ANY product you buy here.

Fact is also that NH never did like to deal with foreign languages and his marketing was rather non existent.

Also, except for German speaking countries customers would not have been served by NH directly !

Your statement is not untrue, it is misleading and shows a fundamental lack of knowledge!

Over and OUT !
Old 11-25-2013, 07:05 AM
Tanque

Yes you're right, that's it. It's all clear now. No more to be said.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 PM
taccos

Please be informed that Modelers Paradise has now also been liquidated. This was the company that was used for contract orders outside Germany for Hermann Modellbau. I am guessing this will have implications for people who ordered and paid for Hermann models through Modelers Paradise in terms of their chances of getting their money back....

Last edited by taccos; 02-03-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:31 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Correct me if I’m wrong but “Modelers Paradise” is also “Big Tanks of America” Like I said I could be wrong
Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Tanque

I believe what you wrote is correct Mark.

I don't usually single out individuals or firms for vitriol but the entire “Modelers Paradise” / “Big Tanks of America” schtick just never felt right.

There's something here that doesn't smell right. Sooner or later the truth will come out into the light.

Since this unfolded I've had some other email from closer in to the core of it all and I just know something is amiss.

But then again that's just crazy ole Jerry...

( wow I am old! I'll be 63 this year... holy crap on a cracker... )

Jerry
Old 02-05-2014, 07:02 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I think the scenario could be this. Nils, like most small workshop vendors in our hobby, would take payment before he produced the product. He would use those funds to produce the product and what was left over was his profit. Now insert a middle man/company that takes the orders/funds. Maybe this middle man/company is holding the funds until Nils makes the product. Now all of a sudden the production funds/capitol is not there and Niles is left holding the bag to produce product from his own funds and is now waiting to be reimbursed his production cost and profit? Just a thought? It is tough to be a small workshop vendor. Hate to see this happen to someone who had an amazing product line.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Tanque

Originally Posted by MAUS45
I think the scenario could be this. Nils, like most small workshop vendors in our hobby, would take payment before he produced the product. He would use those funds to produce the product and what was left over was his profit. Now insert a middle man/company that takes the orders/funds. Maybe this middle man/company is holding the funds until Nils makes the product. Now all of a sudden the production funds/capitol is not there and Niles is left holding the bag to produce product from his own funds and is now waiting to be reimbursed his production cost and profit? Just a thought? It is tough to be a small workshop vendor. Hate to see this happen to someone who had an amazing product line.
I don't know Nils well but I have spoken with him in the past and his daughter has written in English on his behalf. My gut feeling is that he isn't the sort of person to cheat people.
I can be deceived as easily as the next guy but I just don't see it, call me naive. The products I purchased from him were quite excellent and at reasonable prices. Despite the
protestations of one previous poster above to the contrary his prices were reasonable before the useless, no value added overhead was added to them. I think I agree with what you wrote
Maus45 with the additional idea that Nils bought into the arrangement when sugarplums of increased sales must have been dangled in from of him as the middleman could have promised
they would buy up his production; recall the claims of exclusiveness by the middleman. I recall accounts of Nils being overworked and even a bout with heart issues or a serious illness at one
point. As I said I can be deceived, perhaps illness drove Nils to do previously unthinkable things....

Yes I believe there's more here than a simple tale of cheating.

Jerry
Old 02-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Big Tanks of America

Here are some facts about Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany:

Modelers-Paradise LLC doing business as Big Tanks of America ordered tanks in special custom configurations from Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany as their exclusive OEM manufacturer.
These configurations as well as a lifetime warranty are superior to the regular standard models Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany offers to customers in Germany on his homepage.

All orders placed by Modelers-Paradise had to be paid 50% up front according to Nils Hermanns Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany standard business procedures.

Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany failed on a regular basis to deliver orders on time and according to agreements.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany delivered one tank ordered by Modelers-Paradise LLC and kept the money for 5 more orders that to this day have not been delivered nor finished more than 2 YEARS after payments transferred to Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany never failed to come up with ever new excuses why things have not been done.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany did lie to Modelers-Paradise LLC about the status of the orders.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany did lie to other customers as well.
Customers of Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany were able to exchange experiences and came to the conclusion that all customers have been listening to all kind of made up excuses why orders have not been finished.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany did not use payments made strictly for the orders placed.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany does not keep any promises made.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany is now under investigation by local law enforcement for fraud.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany filed for bankruptcy when customers did cancel their orders placed and he could not pay anything back.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany did NOT generate any balanced value for the down payments received ! Months after payments were received he had barely anything to show for.
Modelers-Paradise LLC filed a claim against Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany that has been confirmed in a court of law.
An educated guess comes up with an amount of about 50-60 thsd Euros = about 75,000.00 USD that Nils Hermann, Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany owes his customers for payments received and non delivery of goods.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany is protected under German law during his bankruptcy.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany is commencing business as usual eventually following the pattern described herein.
Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany does not reply to emails nor picks up the phone of customers that filed a claim against him.

Modelers-Paradise LLC is, like many other customers mainly from Germany, victim of Nils Hermann's Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany conduct of business.
Modelers-Paradise LLC has not been aware of the low moral and ethic business standards of Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany.
We cannot recommend doing business in any way, shape or form with Nils Hermann, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany.
I do recommend to contact me via PM to get the contact information of the investigating local law enforcement detective to let them know what happened to you if you fell victim to Nils Hermann, Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany.
There appears to be a pattern to Nils Hermanns Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany conduct of business.

Last edited by Big Tanks of America; 02-18-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:22 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

That's a nice lawyers letter you got there. It does some like theres more to it thank what your saying though.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Tanque

BToA, not disputing the content of your post but would you please do us the courtesy of signing your real name when you make a post like this? Also I assume you've
also posted this information on German and other European sites? URL references please?

Jerry
Old 02-19-2014, 01:12 AM
fulps

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,

i can confirm ALL that BToA posted above. And yes there is a lot more which cannot be posted here. I am one of the german victims of Nils Hermann and together with others we bring him to court. Its all in progress. Waiting for the court to set a date for the trial now.

regards

jochen
Old 02-19-2014, 01:53 AM
lposter

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

There is some about it here on a german forum (I hope the link works)

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...5ZNeDfc2hWXA#0
Old 02-19-2014, 02:04 AM
lposter

having read the above posts...is it not a bit unprofessional to be splashing that sort of stuff - in an as yet undecided legal matter - all over an internet forum?

If I was Nils Hermann and was contesting the issue in a court of law...I'd be mighty unimpressed.

Its not the first tim BToA has been involved in slightly off-colour tactics as some of us at least are aware of dispute between one well known large scale manufacturer and BToA over odd material posted on their website.

Its not possible to attach files to these posts but the material was available here http://www.big-tanks-plant.com/Alex%...ed%20tanks.pdf for a while. I attach some screens.

I dont know who is right and wrong...but its an odd way to be doing business.

p

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	1969911   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	1969912  
Old 02-19-2014, 02:26 AM
lposter

Heres a post from Nils Hermann (at least someone who says he is) from a German forum in 2013. I have translated:

Hi everybody -

Im Moment läuft in diesem Forum ja eine große Aktion, die mich als Betrüger hinstellen soll.
Nothing runs in this forum so a big action to me stand up as a fraud.

Ja – ich habe einen Insolvenzantrag gestellt.
Yes - I have filed for bankruptcy.
Manchmal läuft es eben nicht so gut und ich habe auch Fehler gemacht.
Sometimes it runs just not as good and I have also made ​​mistakes.
Den Insolvenzantrag betrachte ich als Chance für einen Neuanfang.
The bankruptcy petition I look at as an opportunity for a fresh start.
Ich habe gelernt und meine Fehler sind mir bewusst.
I've learned my mistakes and are aware of.
Leider war ich bisher zu wenig Kaufmann, um die Situation richtig einschätzen zu können.
Unfortunately, I was far too little businessman, in order to assess the situation properly.
Ich bin nun mal Handwerker – und das mit Leib und Seele.
I am now even artisans - and the body and soul.

Ich habe vor, mein bisheriges Geschäft weiter zu betreiben.
I'm planning to operate my previous business.
Zum Glück habe ich jetzt einen Mitarbeiter, der zuverlässig ist und mir mit seiner super Arbeit zu Seite steht.
Fortunately, I now have an employee who is reliable and me standing with his super work aside.
Ich möchte auch künftig eure Bestellungen in gewohnter Qualität abarbeiten.
I want to continue to execute your orders in usual quality.

Wenn ihr irgend welche Fragen zu meiner Insolvenz, zu den bisherigen Aufträgen oder zu anderen Sachen habt, dann nehmt doch mit mir Kontakt oder mit meinem Insolvenzverwalter auf.
If you have any questions about my bankruptcy which, on previous orders or with other things, but then take contact with me or with my liquidator.

Natürlich könnte ich jetzt sagen, ich suche mir wen, der mein Geschäft weiter betreibt und bleibe im Hintergrund tätig.
Of course, I could say I look whom who will continue on my business and stay active in the background.
Das wäre aber auch nicht offen.
But that would not open.
Ich will weiterhin für euch Panzer bauen und mit meinem Namen dafür stehen.
I want to continue to build tanks for you and stand with my name on it.

Nils Hermann
Nils Hermann
It should be noted that at least to my understanding in teh European context, an insolvent company may continue to conduct business, sell products etc etc. They have problems paying bills. No more, no less. But it is of course a customer should be very careful giving money up fromt to an insolvent company.

Bankruptcy is obviously a different matter but there is a difference between them.

p
Old 02-19-2014, 02:27 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Ha! It's a rather laughable swipe at mk1 tanks in the uk. Pretty underhanded and not entirely accurate if you ask me.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Tanque

I can't speak to the accusations of course but I knew Nils to be a honest man and I have been a genuinely satisfied customer. I will find out the truth behind the causes of this
sooner or later. So far all we have heard is one side. It takes two. Jerry
Old 02-20-2014, 04:51 AM
Big Tanks of America

Hi Jerry,
sitting there in California and you gonna find out the truth? Are smoking some hot stuff or what?

There is LAW ENFORCEMENT in his town busy with what you are trying to do from California.

You may be lucky and get some more BS form Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany BUT rest assured, the truth it may not be !

Mind you, you bought a cheap tank or 2 and some parts back in 2005? Right? That is the memory you have. Mine is February 2014 !

If you would only know what kinda names Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany already called you in a phone conversation with him a while ago when you started ranting about Big Tanks of America, you wouldn't even think about him anymore.

Why?

Because you were ultimately harming HIS business with your uneducated assumptions and speculations.

He did not even consider you a good customer and told me he will not sell to you anymore, no matter what.

Yet, I am sure he will take your offer to be his tool and make him look innocent! Make no mistake, there is no innocence here with Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld, Germany who drove his business into bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy does not happen overnight. Bankruptcy is the result of ongoing financially irresponsible decisions !
I am sure he will tell good ole Jerry his best friend what he did with about 60,000.00 Euros.
He for sure did not pay his employees.
He for sure did not buy material for his orders, especially track links !
He for sure did not put away some money in case he has to refund customers.

Jerry, your the man !
Old 02-20-2014, 06:17 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really?

This thread should be locked.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:51 AM
Tanque

I notice for someone on the side of 'right' you do get pretty emotional don't you?

When a person has to resort to ranting and insults to enforce their position they aren't exactly doing it a favor.

I spoke of root causes; why should it take law enforcement in Germany to discover any truth in such a clear cut case?

You continue to miss my point. While I found them difficult to believe I've never denied these things happened. From an unbiased source I would like to
know why they happened.

What sort of business person wouldn't establish a closer relationship with such a significant supplier? Why did the agreement with Nils get so out of
hand before the problems became apparent? Was there ever an on-site visit of Nils' facility? You are a German business person aren't you?
How long have you been in business?

I must be a lot more influential in this hobby than I thought if I can now harm businesses; I may have to purchase a larger hat.

Jerry
Old 02-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Big Tanks of America

It is all right Jerry,
lets calm down and focus on the real subject here, the bankruptcy of Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld Germany.

I could answer all your questions but I am not the subject of this thread here, please start a new thread to not mix things up and keep things separated.
We are all keen to hear what kind of unbiased source you will find and what your findings are.

Until then, deflecting from the real subject here will not help anyone.

Please understand that this is a warning to potential new victims of Nils Hermann Panzermodellbau, Am Anger 2, Alfeld to be aware when doing business with him.

We for sure do not anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.