Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/6 Scale Maus on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 1/6 Scale Maus on ebay

Go on ebay and look at the '1/6 scale tank' section at that 1/6 Maus! Now, THAT'S BIG!!

For months I've been glancing at the 1/6 scale tanks on ebay because I've been curious about larger tanks but knew I could probably never afford one.

But about a week ago I saw something that I really, Really, REALLY wanted. And after a few days of watching, bidding, hoping, sweating it, I was lucky enough to win one! I'll post some pictures when it gets here and is up on my work bench.

I've had BAD LUCK two previous times with 1/6 items I've won and didn't get because the sellers didn't stand up to their end of the deal. I don't want to jinx this deal by telling about it but hopefully 'Third Times A Charm.'

Again, check out that Maus and let us know what ya think!!

Mike in Kentucky

Last edited by Old MSgt; 08-15-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:16 AM
scottkillingbeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6th-scale-...item27d675681a

Very cool.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:06 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

t34 tracks......
Old 08-15-2013, 10:48 AM
easyy 11
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is crazy big

Nice tank
Old 08-15-2013, 12:58 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The tracks are 1/6 scale Maus not T34, this tank has been hosted before the problem is the first and last pictures are at least 10 years old and from Mark 1 tanks in England the third picture is also of the same period, what you have to ask yourself is “why host pictures so old” http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/maus.html why not host new pictures, this is not to say that the seller is genuine but can’t or won’t host new pictures, I’m not sure but I believe that this particular Maus was sold to a chap living in England who apparently still owns the tank.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:56 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Hmm. Agree with Rivet, caution this Buy IT Now price seems low if it is a Mark-1/Alex model. It does not mention the manufacturer, could be a knock-off.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:54 PM
marshall
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So Mike,
If your moving on to 1/6 scale let me know if you want to dump your 1/8 scale. Really just kidding (got two 1/8 Kings already). Have you heard anything from seller of the Maus? Paul
Old 08-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Paul! Good to hear from ya! No, I'm not interested in any way at that Maus. Just figured it would be something interesting to tell everybody on here to look at.

A few months ago I sold an ATV and other stuff that I didn't really care for so I had a few dollars in my bank account. So for months I've occasionally been glancing at the 1/6 scale stuff on ebay, just wishing I could find something I wanted and could afford to bid on.

Surprisingly on a Wednesday I saw something that was one of the things I've been 'dreaming' about for a long time. And NOBODY had bid on it. Auction ended on Sunday. I thought 'What The Heck, I'll throw out a bid.' What I could afford. Starting price was LOW for an item like this. So anxiously I bid the most I could afford. Still nobody bid.

I'd come up here to the computer 12-18 times a day checking. Then on Saturday there was a couple of bids and I thought 'Well, it's taking off. But at least I'll be able to see what it goes for..' There's no way I could win it because it'll go for a LOT more than my bid. And that was it on bidding so far. Then when it was ending on Sunday, within a minute before the auction ended, there were about three more bids but none came close to my maximum bid. And my max was a LOT less than I thought it'd go for! But there was NO MORE bidding... and I won it. I WAS SHOCKED!

Talk about EXCITED!!! I was worried about what I'd have to go thru getting a shipping company. I thought THAT would be hard and expensive, but it was pretty simple and easy with uShip (you know, the bidding company on 'Shipping Wars'?) But by bids I got that at a GREAT price for one pallet traveling 600 miles. It's was picked up on Friday and will be delivered sometime of this coming week. We'll see how it goes.

And I'm not getting out of my1/16 tanks or 1/8 KT. I've got too much enjoyment, WORK, and LOVE into'em! I'm just dabbling in the larger scale. Can't afford to do any more now!

I'll post some pics (IF IT GETS HERE IN ONE PIECE!!!) Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 08-17-2013 at 05:29 PM.