Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

The modern "Day of Infamy"...Let us never forget Sepember 1tth, 2001

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The modern "Day of Infamy"...Let us never forget Sepember 1tth, 2001

Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thecommander
I made this post right before sitting down to dinner with my family tonight. Being born and raised in New York City having been a policeman for over 31 years I am like most the people live in the New York metro area.....we are very sensitive to 9/11. We avoid any celebrations on this date,,, trying to schedule any weddings, birthday parties or anniversaries. I even have friends whose son was born on 9/11 they try to have his birthday party the weekend before. After dinner tonight my wife, my girls and I headed into town to the 9/11 memorial for the four members of our community who died that day at the Twin Towers. We had a candlelight vigil, sang the national anthem and God bless America as the two beams of light shined in the sky from Ground Zero behind us. Later tonight when I got home I was deluged with P Ms from several RCU members regarding this post.

My sole intent was to commemorate a solemn day in American history with my fellow RCU members as we have done many times in the past. A large majority of the RCU tank forum members are students of world history. None of us glorify war, all of us respect the sacrifices made by veterans worldwide. In our radio control hobby, whether we love fighter planes or armored tanks.... none of us glorify war and death.

AnzacRC it is obvious you don't know me and have probably never read anything I posted here on RCU before.

I don't know you.
I've never heard of you before.
I don't think you've ever posted anything here on the tank forum.
I don't know how old you are. You could even be a misinformed teenager for all I know.
I don't care where you live.
I don't care what country you're from.
I don't care for what you have to say here.

Even when you stated that you would post no more no more hurtful things you did it again.... So I believe you are no gentlemen and do not belong here on the RCU tank forum. Hopefully, you will restrict your diatribe to another venue. I can only presume you never heard of the old adage "If you can't say anything a nice, don't say anything at all". Or perhaps your parents didn't teach you that.

Perhaps you should talk to your father, grandfather or great-grandfather and ask him what the Americans did to help Australia and New Zealand in World War II. I know one of my fellow tankers has brought this up already. If we hadn't been there for you and your countrymen would probably have been typing this in Japanese. Or perhaps you believe the British protectorates in the Southern Pacific got what they deserved too in 1941? Hats off to the British!!! The United Kingdom is the only country that has repaid the World War II Lend/lease debt to the USA that they incurred. I have deep respect for them and they didn't give up repaying until they were free and clear in 2009. Perhaps you think we deserved the attack on Pearl Harbor too?

I watched the World Trade Center being built as a child living in New York City. My dad worked a few blocks away in the printing district at Canal and Hudson streets, downtown. In 1984 I even got engaged at Windows on the world restaurant at the top of the trade center. I've lived about 25 miles away from the trade Center for the past 42 years. I watched the burning and subsequent collapse with my own eyes. I was sent in by my Police Department three days later for "mutual aid".

I am deeply saddened and disappointed that you decided to taint this post with your rhetoric.

I don't believe you're a gentleman or that your cut from the same cloth as the rest of the RCU tankers.

It certainly appears that you're saying that we got what we deserved.

It's been many months since I posted anything here on RCU forums. I am very pleased to see my fellow tankers step up to the plate in my absence while I was the 9/11 memorial service. It appears they let you have it with both barrels. They are great bunch of very mature gentleman who treat each other with respect and dignity. I'm sure many of them felt very sad for you and what not even dignify your comments but the response.

I will extend to you an invitation right now to come with me to the 9/11 memorial service in 2014 at Westwood, New Jersey and tell the families and friends of those who died that the United States deserved to be attacked by terrorists. But I doubt you would even make it out alive.

I'm sure your fellow Australians and New Zealanders are very proud of you right now.
Hey Commander, I am a 16 year vet and Sergeant with Columbus Police. Thank YOU for your service and enjoy your retirement, we have the watch brother!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I remember.

I just want to say from one rescue worker to another, Thanks to all you guys and gals in emergency services in every country, I know you put your life on the line to help others.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:02 AM
karel47

beautiful said
Old 09-12-2013, 01:30 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

I am not an RC tanker, I am an aviator, I do however feel comfortable talking with my fellow RC'rs, whatever their RC Addiction is, about the importance of this very somber day! I whole heartedly agree with everything that theCommander and many others have said in this thread! My Father, Brother and two Nephews have served or are currently serving in the US armed Forces, Father Retired Air Force with 20+ years, 1 nephew served in the army for 8 years, several tours to Iraq and afganistan, Brother still in army nearing his 20 years mark also with several deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan , and a 2nd nephew who just joined the Army a few months ago. So I also have deep respect for our military men and women, as well as all who have served in our allies military! Thanks to all of you, as well as all the Police, Fire Department, EMS, Etc.

Enough cannot be said for the sacrifice they have made to make this country great!

Have a great day Everyone!!

Craig.

Last edited by SeaJay; 09-12-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:09 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

We wii never forget. God Bless the USA
Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by AnzacRc;11614604

[I
P.S Im not an aussie[/I]
I am so happy to hear that.

Aussies would never be so disrespectful.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:20 PM
AnzacRc

Originally Posted by Rob2160
I am so happy to hear that. Believe me so am I.

Aussies would never be so disrespectful.
Strange you think you speak for all aussies as like I have said before, quite a few of the aussies around me agree with my my statements.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:22 AM
yojoelay

P.S Im not an aussie and im not your mate \m/
It's 'I'm' and 'Aussie', mate. Don't you capitalise the names of countries in those history papers? Maybe they haven't covered that yet in your program. Check the syllabus, surely it's coming up soon. It's also done to show respect.

quite a few of the aussies around me agree with my my statements.
You're hanging out with the wrong crowd then (and now, for that matter). And just to reinforce the point, 'Aussie', mate.

Come back anytime you need another complimentary personality, skills or intelligence evaluation.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:26 AM
AnzacRc

Why thank you, does Sir want an apple?

I'm very happy that you found spell check, well done

Ooh and someone from QLD giving spelling and grammar advice is very very funny, thanks for the laugh's haa haa

Last edited by AnzacRc; 09-13-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:34 AM
oliveDrab

Originally Posted by AnzacRc
I marvel in the awesomeness of the ignore button as well

P.S Im not an aussie and im not your mate \m/
You're from New Zealand I'm guessing. Your YouTube video's are quite entertaining.

Last edited by oliveDrab; 09-13-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:55 AM
Pah co chu puk

He's back, Bummer.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:55 AM
Green Amphibian

Kangaroo, Horse, or Jack, IMHO that end still fits him. I will not be returning to this posting.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 AM
AnzacRc

Thanks oliveDrab
Old 09-13-2013, 05:35 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

ANZAC, seem you are an ankle biter who is always with the fairies? Blimin shame you are not a bit of a dag!!! Brassed me off with what you have said. Makes me think you are a bum bandit??? Maybe you should go back to your Cot??? Quit being a Drongo or I will have to Dob in for you. I bet you are a greenie with no grunds? No that’s not right you are defiantly a Hoon!!! Put on a fresh Nappy, have some jelly meat, and leave us alone!!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 AM
AnzacRc

Originally Posted by MAUS45
ANZAC, seem you are an ankle biter who is always with the fairies? Blimin shame you are not a bit of a dag!!! Brassed me off with what you have said. Makes me think you are a bum bandit??? Maybe you should go back to your Cot??? Quit being a Drongo or I will have to Dob in for you. I bet you are a greenie with no grunds? No that’s not right you are defiantly a Hoon!!! Put on a fresh Nappy, have some jelly meat, and leave us alone!!!!
Dude that was a crack up, well done
Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Way to go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn11DWH_LEA
Old 09-13-2013, 07:15 AM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heard about that video, thanks for sharing the link.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:41 AM
erbroens

Anytime!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:19 AM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

ERBROENS, that was an awesome video.... I had never seen it, thanks for sharing...

Craig.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Pah co chu puk

Great video. Ya knock us down... we get back up.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:22 AM
erbroens

Glad you guys enjoyed it too, I found it very inspirational.

Also a interesting detail of this new building is that it is precisely 541.3 meters high, or 1776 feet... a very cool detail. :-)
Old 09-13-2013, 02:26 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Personally, I get enough reminders of 9-11 from the media. Being an ex-US Army Vietnam-era vet, I also am wary when someone starts waving the flag.
If you want to honor the fallen, go to a memorial. I don't come here to review world events.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:29 PM
AnzacRc

eddieC +1
Well said and my thoughts exactly.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:54 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddieC
Personally, I get enough reminders of 9-11 from the media. Being an ex-US Army Vietnam-era vet, I also am wary when someone starts waving the flag.
If you want to honor the fallen, go to a memorial. I don't come here to review world events.
Fascinating! So your read the title (very clear, it spells out clearly what the thread will be about), and then you still read the messages and add a comment. Might make sense to you, but when I see threads with subjects I do not care for, I ignore them...

Gerry
Old 09-13-2013, 05:09 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

I'm not worried about 'fumbling the ball' or agreeing with the group. I don't care for crowd mentality or sheeple. It's kept me happy & sane lo these many years. The only person I care to impress is me.

You really expect people to change based on your opinion? Good luck with that.
Using a Simpsons sketch to make a point? Revealing.

My point is I come to these forums to read & discuss toy airplanes & helis, not be faced again with the news. If you want to dwell on real tragedy, you need look no further than our sons & daughters who are still overseas. Last, I cringe when someone offers a 'thank you for your service' to me or someone nearby. It's become a catchphrase, and 40+ years late.

Last edited by eddieC; 09-13-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.