Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Opinion Wanted Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 PM
George Jure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion Wanted Please

Hello

I have been a member here for some time and been watching / reading LOTS of interesting builds and learning from you all.

I have unfortunately realized that I have too many kits and NOT enough time to build them. What I would like to know from you, is there any interest in what I have so I should post them in the sales section, since they are WWII vehicles OR NOT.

I have:

1 - 1/16 Eduard Schwimmwagen, opened box BUT ALL is complete

1 - 1/16 Tamiya Kubelwagen Type 82 R.C Kit, box open BUT ALL is complete

I have seen the Kubelwagen on ebay and seen what`s it going for.

What do you think, is there any interest for these here? Largest membership that I know of.

Thanks for your time and comments.

George
Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Cool

What they are going for or for what they are asking for? I've seen the same RC Kubel on eBay at $250 for the longest time and it keeps getting re-listed.

I paid 4 years ago $80 bucks on-line for the Schwimmwagen (which I thought was a lot) which is pretty rare.

If you want to sell them, you'll probably now get a flood of offers but if none come in, auction them on eBay with a reserve OR YOUR starting price.

Hope this helps!

Jeff
Old 09-18-2013, 04:30 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Jeff, have you received that 1/6 Sherman yet?

Mike in Kentucky
Old 09-18-2013, 04:34 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't value the Tamiya too high, yes it's hard to find, but Tamiya has a habit of re-releasing kits if there's enough interest or their new development has been thin. I can remember at least three versions of that Kubel over the years.

I think there would be interest in both, but there's no shortage or 1/16 coming out now, so I'd keep the expectations in check. I'm in the same boat, too many projects to manage or I'd make you an offer. I search every so often for both of those, but at the end of the day, neither is too high on the list with Panda Hobby and Trumpeter releasing stuff. As Jeff stated, that $250 kit is out there, but at that price, you're into a territory that includes some nicer kits.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:04 AM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

They make nice props and accessories but are otherwise more for scale modellers than radio controller modellers.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Panther F

Originally Posted by Old MSgt
Jeff, have you received that 1/6 Sherman yet?

Mike in Kentucky

Oh what? Did you send it without telling me?!!!!

Is there a tracking number?

Jeff
Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Naw Jeff. You mentioned you were thinking about getting one of the 1/6 Shermans that I was curious about. I thought you may have received it and I wanted to see your build.

Mike
Old 09-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Panther F

I was just kiddin' Mike!

I plan to get one later this year along with the 1/16 SU-100. Probably get two of them and build one static but plans to RC the Sherman is a no-go after seeing Tank Carl and his build. It'll need WAY too many AM parts to properly RC the tank.

I still am thinking of making it function with sound, turret operations and firing, since it is my favorite tank.

Jeff
Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is never a good idea to gauge value by what someone is asking....but rather but what they actually sell for and what people are willing to pay. This is even more true when the seller can't move the merchandise. A boxed kit means more are available from time to time. If it was a custom or very rare kit (Imai Elefant etc....) then pricing is more difficult. There were two sellers listing static 1/16 Tamiya Kubels as radio controlled. Despite my emailing them several times they never corrected the repeated listings. But, they didn't sell any of them either. the HML Schimwagen is even harder to find than the Eduard. Both are nice kits. I love soft skinned RC in 1/16. Good luck with them.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:23 PM
George Jure

Hello Again

Well after some medical issues I was finally able to post both items in the Tank Classified section here, pictures with flash = poor picture but can give more pictures if needed.

Thanks again for your tips.

George
Old 10-28-2013, 09:08 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Didn't see them. Did they sell already?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:44 PM
George Jure

Hi MAUS45

Look in the Tank Classified section for them.

George