Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Wanted to drop in...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wanted to drop in...

Hello to all my old friends. Been a while since I posted anything on rcu. I been very busy with things at the shop as well as personal life. I've done nothing with tanks for some time now and probably forgot how to build one by now. Anyway, my goof friend is into slot car drag racing in 24th scale. He asked me to do something "hot" to one of the bodies for him soooo......
Old 10-01-2013, 08:13 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NIce technique, kinda looks like flames with a spooky side. Good to hear from you Joe.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 10-01-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

nice job YellowShaker good to see you on here i have been thinking of doing Flames on a tank just for fun here is my Matrix theme and Flames on the engine cover of my old Cobalt

and of course the mailbox i did, i like to see more of your work like this bet your friend has the best looking slotcar on the track

Old 10-02-2013, 05:00 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Joe

1/24 scale slot cars used to be something I did as well. I have all of the COX 1/24 scale cars from the 60's with the magnesium chassis. I had a 4 lane plywood track at one time, but needed the room for something else. The cars were really robust and that old saying ,"They don't make them like the used to" is so true. I love to see scale slot cars vs those things they call cars that go about 3000 MPH.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Hello everyone, its been a long time since i have been on here also............I hear you about they don't make them the way they used to. But my brother in-law and I are in the process of building a track, but its the new digital type made by Carrera. And I do have to say it is a really nice piece of manufacturing, you can run 1/32 and 1/24 on it. And you can have up to six cars on the track at the same time, even has "ghost" cars which are controlled by the computer, and there are track pieces where you can do lane changes with a push of a button on the controller, pit lanes that you can "fill up" the fuel, etc. Pretty neat stuff. Anyway just checking in and saying hello.

Cheers,
Wade