Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark Board Question

Old 10-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Clark Board Question

Do any of you fine Gentlemen know if its possible to change the engine sound on one of Clark's boards? And if so, where would one acquire a new engine sound file for uploading?

I would like to substitute a 6x6 truck engine sound on one of his boards. Thanks, PP

PS: I already asked and he can not do this bc he has no truck engine sound file.....thus I am wondering if it could be done "after market" !!!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Green Amphibian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His sounds are proprietorial and can not be changed on his boards. YHR does have an excellent solution to that problem with the mini Benedini board.

Herman
Old 10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i think you would have to get a custom board made
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 PM
FreakyDude

A custom engine sound can be made on the Clark just get a wave file of the sounds. It might be easier for you to adapt a set up from an existing vehicle ( I know there are 6 x 6 boards out there ) due the Clark controlling 2 motors for steering and motoring though. Steering is obviously by servo, with 2 motors controlling the 4 drive wheels and the extra shaft for the front wheels that might be a tricky set up.
Now if your talking a half track the Clark is a board that suits that application supremely well.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Freaky.... Sent you a PM
Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Benedini TBS has a library of sounds you can use, and you can load them and change them as you see fit. It as designed for the user to change files as many times as you want.

With the Clark board you can get him to custom build you one, but once built the sound is forever, and you cannot change it. I am not sure if he charges extra for a custom sound set. Freaky can tell you what it will cost to get a board custom built.

My website has details on the Benedini. It is more expensive, but because the sound is programmable it is very flexible. You can even stick it in an RC plane, boat, truck, car, whatever RC vehicle you want to add sound to.

Cheers
Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 AM
9nene

I found that the mixture Clark Benedini is excellent
my last test on a T34 WSN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hX2SZat0cY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiiOKa-EGOUPBEJzAGee1Bw
Old 10-22-2013, 03:31 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^ That video sounds / looks fantastic.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:18 AM
9nene

Originally Posted by Strato50
^^^ That video sounds / looks fantastic.
thanks but is not finish
Old 10-22-2013, 09:06 AM
YHR

Yes a lot of people are finding the Benedini works well with the Clark. Either one is a good choice, at a total cost of much less then we have historically seen. I honestly don't think we will see anything come along any cheaper at this point; The low priced Clark will make it tough on any further development.

As long as Clark can produce to fill demand without a price increase it is a hard board to sell against. All I challenge people do do is realize that if you want the best engine sounds available you will have to look over the fence at the Benedini, and once you do that perhaps the DBC3 is all you need, as this will ultimatley be your cheapest option.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9nene
I found that the mixture Clark Benedini is excellent
my last test on a T34 WSN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hX2SZat0cY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiiOKa-EGOUPBEJzAGee1Bw
That was going to be my question. Can you use a Benedini with a Clark board because I already have a Benedini in my HE Abrams and when they come out will be trying a Clark board for that.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 PM
blademangler

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clark TK-22 with Benedini TBS-Mini and Turnigy 9x:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v6V0apFjI54 The Benedini is set up with some edited ElMod sounds, manually activated by the 3-position switch. (The elevation sound is a repeating chain squeak.) Driving the tank is more like a performance than any of my other setups, so it's a lot of fun.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM
YHR

Absolutely you can use a Clark with a Benedini. Because the Clark board is fully functional even without starting the Clark engine sound, the Benedini engine sounds can be easily used instead.

The nice thing is that you don't really need to worry about the specific Clark board, as the Benedini can supply the tank specific engine sounds. So instead of waiting for a LEO or an Abrams, you can use the Benedini files that are all available right now. Pick a Clark board with a decent cannon and turret rotation sound as a stock base, and then customize the engines sounds to your liking.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Dan I could use a new TK22 LEO board and just use Abrams sound files for the engine. They both use the same main gun and the MG's are close enough same as the turret slew and elevation mechanisms. This sounds like a great idea. I would certainly need help on getting it set up. Wish I could just get the parts and send it to someone and they get everything plugged in and connected with the proper sounds . Then i could just do the simple install connections in the tank.
Set up and programming and board inter connectivity is what kills me all the time. Same as general operation with the Tx. All the stick movements and sequences for operation confuse me also.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 PM
YHR

On my website I show how to hook up the Benedini to the Clark board.

Re transmitter stick mapping. I personally think the factory Clark set up is a dogs breakfast, but you can move the servo cables around and get it to what make more sense. I have my Clark board set up like a HL. Speed and direction on the right stick, turret and cannon on the left.

You have to change the parameter setting on the TBS, and know a little bit about the Benedini., Of course you could send the stuff to me and I would set it up for you.

Cheers

Dan