Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Leopard 1A4 Static build ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Leopard 1A4 Static build ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 AM
mcm308

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Leopard 1A4 Static build ??

OK, you know you got it bad when you start planning your next tank build and didn't even start the one on the bench yet,lol.

Anyway, I came across this kit for 300 and I am really liking it as I like the post war to modern tanks a little better then the ww2 stuff. Plus I already have a Tiger and Sherman.

I know the road can be endless for detail upgrades but I would like to know what are necessary upgrades and parts required to build a bulletproof runner. I like the fact that I can build this my way and pick and choose running gear and electronics. I am trying to figure what its going to cost to build mechanically. Detail parts are a different category.

Its a Tamiya so I'm sure its a good kit to build. I loved doing the Shermy. Thanks for any help and direction.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Cruiser133

I was thinking of doing this one as well. Considering Tamiya already made it pretty much RC capable, it shouldnt be too hard. Impact makes good metal tracks and I think Clark makes a TK22 for it as well. The Gepard would be another one to check out. I have the same problem as you, I have not even finished my Lowe yet and I already have a E-100 on deck, but I am already checking out Leopards, Jagdpanthers and Jagdpanzer IV kits to build next. Once you have the bug, it never ends!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Pershing101

If I was going to do a Leo 1A4, I'd look at these guys.

http://35rctank.com/html/k11.html

Davy
Old 11-16-2013, 12:47 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the my version of the Tamiya kit

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...ld-thread.html