Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL's RX18 sound Improvements

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL's RX18 sound Improvements

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 AM
modelbob71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL's RX18 sound Improvements

I have several HL tanks including some with the old RX!3 and RX14 recievers, which had pretty good sound. With the advent of the RX18 reciever the sound is terrible. As soon as I move the right stick, I get what sounds like static. I don't have a T34 yet but HL is appearently
not interested in fixing the sound quality. Would a better speaker or pot improve the sound and get rid of the static? I am not interested in
spending a bunch of money on a new sound system, radio, etc. just to run around in the back yard. Any suggestions?
Old 12-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Sky_HawK

Mine doesn't sound too bad on my Bulldog. You could just have a bad speaker, that's the first thing I'm going to try and replace to get better low-range.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:47 AM
FreakyDude

a new speaker will help as will a new pot. Get a 10K pot though as it will work best. Don't expect massive improvements though but their will be an improvement
Old 12-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought my T-34 sounds were pretty awesome, considering it's all Heng Long still. Engine and gun were new and improved..
Old 12-02-2013, 10:39 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really???. I would like to hear these. Can you provide a video for us. I assumed the sounds would be just the same. You seem to be saying these new ones sound better then the old RX18's?.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Strato50

Originally Posted by YHR
Really???. I would like to hear these. Can you provide a video for us. I assumed the sounds would be just the same. You seem to be saying these new ones sound better then the old RX18's?.
Well I should say they are more 'improved' than new. They're the same old SORT of HL sounds, but I did immediately notice the engine start up and main gun were better and likely improved sound files. It could be the new board or the new speaker.

The clank-clank-clank nature of the driving sounds and the machine gun are the same.

I'll see about a video.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Sturmhauptfuhrer

How do you like that T-34? I just got a Taigen full metal Tiger (It should be here tomorrow.....yay!), and I got the TK22 board with it. I'm seriously looking at the Benedini TBS mini to go with it........Those sound awesome! Anyway, sorry, got off track. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of those T-34's. Is it a decent tank?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:03 AM
Strato50

It's been noted as henglong's best tank yet, if that statement carries any weight. I was very impressed. Can't wait to tk22 it :P