Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New tanks from IMEX/Torro!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New tanks from IMEX/Torro!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New tanks from IMEX/Torro!

Hey everyone! I wanted to stop by for the second time today and give everyone some good news... IMEX and Torro are teaming up for a few tanks! We will be stocking the Sturmtiger, KV-2, and the King Tiger with Henschel turret. I will list the tanks and some prices, make sure to visit our dealers for exact prices!

The SturmTiger metal edition will retail around $499.99. It will be available in airsoft or infrared configurations. This tank will come with metal tracks, drive wheels, idler wheels, road wheels, barrel, and some metal accessories. This also comes with a metal chassis.

The Sturmtiger plastic edition will retail around $389.99. It will be available in airsoft or infrared versions. This tank will come with metal tracks, drive wheels, and idler wheel. It will also feature a metal chassis.

The King Tiger (Henschel Turret) metal edition will retail around $699.99. It will be available in airsoft or infrared versions. The King Tiger will come with a metal turret, metal gun barrel and muzzle break, metal hatches, metal suspension, metal drive wheels, metal idler wheels, metal tracks, and lots of metal accessories. This tank will also feature a metal chassis.

The KV-2 metal edition will retail around $549.99. It will be available in airsoft or infrared versions. The KV-2 will come with a metal barrel, metal tool boxes, various metal parts, a metal chassis, metal chains, metal drive wheels, metal idler wheels, metal tracks, metal tow hooks, and more!

The delivery date for the tanks is before the end of March! (I might have one in time for my bday on the 24th) I will post more details as I get them, I have not been lucky enough to get a sample in front of me to show off. I just got the okay to inform everyone. On a side note though, the new late model KV-1 wheels will fit the new KV-2

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sturmtiger camo.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1947994   Click image for larger version

Name:	sturmtiger yellow.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1947995   Click image for larger version

Name:	king tiger camo.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1947996   Click image for larger version

Name:	kv-2 camo.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1947997  
Old 12-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Erik, can you clarify whether these tanks will be with the metal torsion bar suspension? I know Torro has a King Tiger metal lower hull so I suspect that's what they'll be using...
Old 12-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Imex-Erik

Yes all will have torsion bar suspensions.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:10 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good news...I've always liked the look of the full metal Tiger II.

Since it looks like a Tiger attack here, do you have plans to expand the parts/kit offerings for the Tiger I?

Specifically, the lower and upper hull parts necessary to make a late Tiger:
- back plate on the lower hull with zimmerit and without air filters
- upper hull with correct headlights, zimmerit and without air filter tubes
- turret with zimmerit
- or zimmerit kits
Old 12-17-2013, 12:44 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally been waiting for the tiger 2 .
thanks Eric
Old 12-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by bryan70546
finally been waiting for the tiger 2 .
thanks Eric
NP, of course!

Originally Posted by philipat
Good news...I've always liked the look of the full metal Tiger II.

Since it looks like a Tiger attack here, do you have plans to expand the parts/kit offerings for the Tiger I?

Specifically, the lower and upper hull parts necessary to make a late Tiger:
- back plate on the lower hull with zimmerit and without air filters
- upper hull with correct headlights, zimmerit and without air filter tubes
- turret with zimmerit
- or zimmerit kits
The back plate is available upon request atm, just ask. The early and late model Tiger 1 both use the same back plate, just remove the air filters and apply the zimmerit over the plate and ta-da!
The upper hull will be coming soon enough. I just got a few late model parts with zimmerit already applied for some repair parts. I will make sure we get some more late model Tiger 1 stuff.
The turrets I already have a few of, I just haven't updated the website yet. We are getting ready to go live on our main IMEX-Model website and things are hecktic atm. If you need one, call me.
Zimmerit kits are already available for our Tiger 1. The part number is TAG120082 and will be back in stock around Xmas.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Sturmhauptfuhrer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been looking at the Torro King Tiger on Ebay, but they were all over in Europe, with the cost of the Tank and shipping (It's gotta weigh every bit of 20+ lbs), it would of cost a fortune to ship over here to the States. So glad you are getting them here. I'll place my reserve order for one right now.
Are you taking reserve orders Erik?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:56 PM
philipat

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
The back plate is available upon request atm, just ask. The early and late model Tiger 1 both use the same back plate, just remove the air filters and apply the zimmerit over the plate and ta-da!
The upper hull will be coming soon enough. I just got a few late model parts with zimmerit already applied for some repair parts. I will make sure we get some more late model Tiger 1 stuff.
The turrets I already have a few of, I just haven't updated the website yet. We are getting ready to go live on our main IMEX-Model website and things are hecktic atm. If you need one, call me.
Zimmerit kits are already available for our Tiger 1. The part number is TAG120082 and will be back in stock around Xmas.
Future project...lining up parts sources. I like your growing line-up.

Good to know about the back plate. I though the filters were molded on...didn't realize they could be popped off. That makes things easier.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:51 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The Sturmtiger plastic edition will retail around $389.99"

WOW...Why so much for the plastic Sturmtiger?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Sturmhauptfuhrer
Been looking at the Torro King Tiger on Ebay, but they were all over in Europe, with the cost of the Tank and shipping (It's gotta weigh every bit of 20+ lbs), it would of cost a fortune to ship over here to the States. So glad you are getting them here. I'll place my reserve order for one right now.
Are you taking reserve orders Erik?
You can email me at [email protected] and I will put you on the list. Remember it will be a bit though.

Future project...lining up parts sources. I like your growing line-up.

Good to know about the back plate. I though the filters were molded on...didn't realize they could be popped off. That makes things easier.
Yea, easy swap. I might as well post a leak for you guys... here is a breakdown of that back plate. This comes from the Tiger 1 kit manual..

Originally Posted by thecommander
"The Sturmtiger plastic edition will retail around $389.99"

WOW...Why so much for the plastic Sturmtiger?
Usually our plastic models start with plastic tracks, drive wheels, road wheels, and idlers, but this one will come with a metal suspension, chassis, and a few others. I will confirm some other features soon. You can always call up your dealers for exact pricing.

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	113
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	1948637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	418
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	1948642  
Old 12-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Imex-Erik

I thought I would stop in and post a few close up pictures I just got

Name:	King Tiger.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1948684   Click image for larger version

Name:	KV-2 .jpg
Views:	392
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	1948686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sturmtiger metal.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	4.63 MB
ID:	1948689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sturmtiger metal2.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	1948690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sturmtiger plastic.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	4.86 MB
ID:	1948691  
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
philipat

Yea, easy swap. I might as well post a leak for you guys... here is a breakdown of that back plate. This comes from the Tiger 1 kit manual..

Cool! Thanks for that. Is there an actual kit? I thought it was just a matter of buying all of the individual parts and creating a kit on our own.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Imex-Erik

Yes the kit will be out around January! We are just finishing up on the manuals and the packaging. Here is what the box looks like.

We have even had a few beta testers working on building them and giving us input. Gene over at Artistic Hobbies has been working on one for a bit: http://www.artistichobbies.com/resou...tigerbuild.php
He did a great job, check at the end for painted pictures!

Name:	IMG_20130819_151635.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	1948808  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:22 AM
philipat

Kit looks really good! Will you have kits for early, mid and late production Tigers? Or, just the early and then buy the add-on parts to tweak it?
Old 12-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Strato50

I don't really know much on these Torro tanks to be honest.. so I have some questions for anyone able to answer!

Are these considered "Heng Long compatible" models? Meaning, will HL gearboxes, sprockets, wheels, idlers etc be interchangeable? Considering the KV-2 turret I have for my heavy-metal beast is the Torro version sitting on a HL hull... I think they are...?

From what I can tell the torsion-bar Tiger II lower hull is the major original part from Torro. The Tiger and KV hulls are HL.. the Henschel turret, who makes that? Torro as well?

Heh I realize I'm asking all sorts of questions so any clarification would be awesome!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Imex-Erik

Kit looks really good! Will you have kits for early, mid and late production Tigers? Or, just the early and then buy the add-on parts to tweak it?
We are starting with an early version. If the interest is high and people like, we can move on to different versions/models.
Originally Posted by Strato50
I don't really know much on these Torro tanks to be honest.. so I have some questions for anyone able to answer!

Are these considered "Heng Long compatible" models? Meaning, will HL gearboxes, sprockets, wheels, idlers etc be interchangeable? Considering the KV-2 turret I have for my heavy-metal beast is the Torro version sitting on a HL hull... I think they are...?

From what I can tell the torsion-bar Tiger II lower hull is the major original part from Torro. The Tiger and KV hulls are HL.. the Henschel turret, who makes that? Torro as well?

Heh I realize I'm asking all sorts of questions so any clarification would be awesome!
They are "somewhat" compatible. The lower hulls of all of them are metal, so the lower hull pieces will most likely not. However most other parts will. None of these hulls are HL's, they are Taigen/Torro versions. The Sturmtiger will use our metal Tiger 1 lower hull and the KV-2 will use our metal lower hull from the KV-1. I told you guys I'm trying to get metal hulls for as many as possible The Henschel turret is made by Torro. Hoped this helped.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:31 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Erik, if I were to order tracks for the Panzer IV do I just specify Panzer IV? The reason I am asking is that on the IMEX parts page it shows part 120142 as the tracks for the Panzer IV, Panzer III, and SutG III. I am sure that the Panzer IV track set should have more track links then the Panzer III or StuG III.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Strato50

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Hi Erik, if I were to order tracks for the Panzer IV do I just specify Panzer IV? The reason I am asking is that on the IMEX parts page it shows part 120142 as the tracks for the Panzer IV, Panzer III, and SutG III. I am sure that the Panzer IV track set should have more track links then the Panzer III or StuG III.
I can tell you it DOES have more links so it's good to make sure..
Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Yea the PIV metal tracks were supposed to be 120173. I am out of stock atm, but they will be here next week.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:13 PM
philipat

I told you guys I'm trying to get metal hulls for as many as possible
Does that mean that there might be something in the works for the Pershing...maybe over the next year or two? That would be uber-sweet, especially if it corrected the HL suspension errors. Or, the Bulldog...
Old 12-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Imex-Erik

Does that mean that there might be something in the works for the Pershing...maybe over the next year or two? That would be uber-sweet, especially if it corrected the HL suspension errors. Or, the Bulldog...
Wouldn't you rather have new tanks first?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:32 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Nah, fix the Bulldog!

Being a fan of the M41, I might have a slight bias....

Merry Xmas

Mal
Old 12-19-2013, 08:23 PM
philipat

Wouldn't you rather have new tanks first?
Nope...there's already a good period theme going. Let's fix what's already out there and get those right before creating new stuff.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:59 AM
Strato50

Hey Erik I should have asked with my first post; for the King Tiger are they the same roadwheels with bearings as torro sold as an upgrade? Same goes for the idler wheel.. bearings?

Also, barrel recoil? Same white-box unit (formerly of Asiatam) that comes with the Torro KV-2 turret? It's a good unit I like working with them

Thanks for any info you can dig up.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Strato50
Hey Erik I should have asked with my first post; for the King Tiger are they the same roadwheels with bearings as torro sold as an upgrade? Same goes for the idler wheel.. bearings?

Also, barrel recoil? Same white-box unit (formerly of Asiatam) that comes with the Torro KV-2 turret? It's a good unit I like working with them

Thanks for any info you can dig up.
Yes as far as I know they will. I still have yet to get my sample but if not, our new ones do. Yes the IR version will have recoil and it will be the same unit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.