Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New tank from Taigen! T34/76! Metal version!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New tank from Taigen! T34/76! Metal version!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Baliw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik

They are on the boat over though do not worry. Parts will be available at the same time.
Don't tell me... errr us... us, yes, I meant to say us.... it's on a boat it's supposed to be here this week!

Obviously we are all waiting for this....
Old 08-26-2014, 03:58 AM
karel47

is the boat get topedoed he will sink ...
Old 08-26-2014, 04:40 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbrushler
a lot of people have been waiting for this ...Great news!
Yes finally!
Originally Posted by maxu52
Does that include the 360 turret rings? And how much for the ring kit?
360 rings are a bit delayed, but they are not cancelled. There is a reason for this and I will explain in about 2-3 weeks why. Trust me, it is worth it
Originally Posted by Tanque
Hmmm, I have an image of sprinters at a gate waiting for the starting pistol shot. I know I've been looking towards these.

I'm going to confess I'm not the T-34 expert that many here are so here are my questions. First are these T34 lowers
compatible from simply the mating areas with Trumpeter's uppers? If so which of the 4 T-34 variants that Trumpeter produces would these
lowers be appropriate for? The SU-100?

Jerry
Haha, you should see some of the shows we go too, it is quite funny seeing them line up at the gate to be the first to get a few bucks off a model lol. Anyways I am not sure about the Trumpeter upper, the only T34 I have from them is a 1/35th scale.
Originally Posted by ausf
I'm using the Trump lower as a base for two uppers using the Trumpeter glacis overhang and read deck hinges as the connecting points. I can take exact measurements to see if they match if Erik can measure his sample (or wait until they hit the streets).

I don't even know if the WSN lower is the same as the static kit.
I actually have a HL and WSN T34, I'll try to get some measurements asap for you.
Originally Posted by Baliw
Don't tell me... errr us... us, yes, I meant to say us.... it's on a boat it's supposed to be here this week!

Obviously we are all waiting for this....
Yes well hopefully I can get some stuff out late this week, in the worst scenario we would ship early next week if we couldn't get them delivered in time. Importing tanks is a tricky business haha
Old 08-26-2014, 04:57 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Erik,

Could you tell me how many leads are on the turret slip ring and the voltage rating?

I plan on getting at least four, but with the TBU, flash unit, recoil and elevation motor, that's 15 wires right there (add 2 more if the power switch is in the turret) and the three for the flash are carrying 400+ volts.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:58 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by ausf
Erik,

Could you tell me how many leads are on the turret slip ring and the voltage rating?

I plan on getting at least four, but with the TBU, flash unit, recoil and elevation motor, that's 15 wires right there (add 2 more if the power switch is in the turret) and the three for the flash are carrying 400+ volts.
Yea give me a bit to finish up with a few things and I'll get you some more details. Remember, the slip rings will not be available when the T34 ships. There was a delay, but it is still in the process. We had to put it on the back burner to do something else. Hints on that in about 2-3 weeks. I PROMISE it is worth the wait. You know we wouldn't delay something as special as the slip rings if there wasn't a good reason. I must say you guys will be pleasantly surprised
Old 08-26-2014, 11:27 AM
wsn123

Could You tell what is the gear ratio in this Taigen T-34 ? The same as 4:1 HL metal gearbox or another?
Old 08-26-2014, 11:32 AM
MODELMAN2

4 to 1 machined steel with beraings
Old 08-26-2014, 11:33 AM
MODELMAN2

bearings
Old 08-26-2014, 12:18 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea give me a bit to finish up with a few things and I'll get you some more details. Remember, the slip rings will not be available when the T34 ships. There was a delay, but it is still in the process. We had to put it on the back burner to do something else. Hints on that in about 2-3 weeks. I PROMISE it is worth the wait. You know we wouldn't delay something as special as the slip rings if there wasn't a good reason. I must say you guys will be pleasantly surprised
Sooo...does that mean that the slip rings will be available in 2-3 weeks? Or, that their production begins then? Really want a few of these...
Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by wsn123
Could You tell what is the gear ratio in this Taigen T-34 ? The same as 4:1 HL metal gearbox or another?
These gearboxes are all new. You can take a look at them in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSvnJPBFKQ Sorry it is kinda long, but there you can get the full run down of the tank. The final drive output shaft is actually not connected to the gearbox, but is held in place on the chassis itself. It is quite the interesting chassis.
Originally Posted by philipat
Sooo...does that mean that the slip rings will be available in 2-3 weeks? Or, that their production begins then? Really want a few of these...
I know, I know. We will get them out asap, but it will be more than a few weeks. TRUST ME, the surprise is good. In fact, I even had it (along with a few other special goodies) shipped a week early because I am just as eager.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:19 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok Erik!!! Spill your guts on the surprise before I drive down to, is it Jacksonville, and use the Kellys Heros Cognac torture on you!!! Can you at least throw us a bone and let us know when the T-34/85's will be here???

Last edited by MAUS45; 08-27-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:26 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

TRUST ME, the surprise is good. In fact, I even had it (along with a few other special goodies) shipped a week early because I am just as eager.
It BETTER be a JAGDTIGER!!!!!!!!! Or I'll personally drive Maus45 down there to see ya!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:35 AM
MAUS45

Ditto what maxu52 said!!!! Jagdtiger,Jagdtiger,Jagdtiger!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you meant to say you want a glorious ISU-152
Old 08-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Max-U52

If that's the same as JAGDTIGER then that's exactly what I meant. It's not? Oh, well in that case all I can say is ... JAGDTIGER, JAGDTIGER, JAGDTIGER!!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Ok Erik!!! Spill your guts on the surprise before I drive down to, is it Jacksonville, and use the Kellys Heros Cognac torture on you!!! Can you at least throw us a bone and let us know when the T-34/85's will be here???
I'm in Brooksville btw
As for the T34 it is looking like either tomorrow or Friday they will be arriving. Monday on the very latest. As soon as customs releases it, we will have it delivered the next day It is a tricky business importing "weapons" as they see them. Although with our new airsoft units it might be safe to double check The new batches of them are here already and already are starting to ship in tanks. They are about 50% more powerful than the previous ones
It BETTER be a JAGDTIGER!!!!!!!!! Or I'll personally drive Maus45 down there to see ya!!!
Jagdtiger huh? I did announce that earlier this year.... who knows?
Ditto what maxu52 said!!!! Jagdtiger,Jagdtiger,Jagdtiger!!!!
Yea yea I hear
Originally Posted by Martellus
I think you meant to say you want a glorious ISU-152
That would be pretty sweet actually
If that's the same as JAGDTIGER then that's exactly what I meant. It's not? Oh, well in that case all I can say is ... JAGDTIGER, JAGDTIGER, JAGDTIGER!!!!!
Just a bit longer. I felt bad for teasing you guys so I had it sent a week earlier. Go easy on me for that one Remember how I told you guys 1 step at a time? This will be a leap
Old 08-27-2014, 08:37 AM
MAUS45

ISU-152 would make a great target for the Jagdtiger to destroy at long range, sort of a long distance love if you catch my meaning??? I like the looks of the ISU-152 as well. That big nasty cast manlet!!! Wouldn't mind having one.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:40 AM
MAUS45

Sorry Erik, I knew it was a ???ville, just couldn't remember. I have the gps set so start looking over your shoulder!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:16 AM
Imex-Erik

Sorry Erik, I knew it was a ???ville, just couldn't remember. I have the gps set so start looking over your shoulder!
Just to warn you, I have an arsenal of tanks
More Russian stuff will come, do not worry. I will make sure of that.
Oh and check my thread on Project Brushless for a quick laugh
Old 08-27-2014, 10:22 AM
wsn123

Originally Posted by MODELMAN2
4 to 1 machined steel with beraings
Thanks for reply !
Old 08-27-2014, 02:32 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Eric
Re the airsoft gun - "Although with our new airsoft units it might be safe to double check The new batches of them are here already and already are starting to ship in tanks. They are about 50% more powerful than the previous ones "
Is this TAG 126014 - http://www.imex-model.com/product/TA...IT.html?cid=90 - ?

Thanks
Mal
Old 08-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be very happily surprised to see another new project, that'd be a leap for sure.

Not casting any bets this time ...but let's go with the least likely outcome... a Pershing metal hull with torsion bars & proper suspension!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by Strato50
I'll be very happily surprised to see another new project, that'd be a leap for sure.

Not casting any bets this time ...but let's go with the least likely outcome... a Pershing metal hull with torsion bars & proper suspension!
Least likely? Can I get an M-18 Hellcat? Please? Only the fastest tracked vehicle of WWII (or at least that's what Gunny says).
Old 08-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Max-U52

. Although with our new airsoft units it might be safe to double check The new batches of them are here already and already are starting to ship in tanks. They are about 50% more powerful than the previous ones
What do you mean by 50% more powerful? They shoot 50% further? Will the new guns break a 6mm paintball? And don't tell me you don't know. If you really don't know go try one. Then you will know. You can tell Bossman it's for customer service. Hey, you keep saying it's not recommended ... so why not? Shouldn't you know exactly what will happen? You are the tech guy, after all. And think how much fun you'll have making the video. You can thank me later.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Least likely? Can I get an M-18 Hellcat? Please? Only the fastest tracked vehicle of WWII (or at least that's what Gunny says).
Hehe, I should have added... least likely within the current realm of what Taigen has been up to lately... which includes releasing great hulls & parts for existing models.

If they decide to design and release their own Churchill or Hellcat, well, I'm on board!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.