Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New tank from Taigen! T34/76! Metal version!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New tank from Taigen! T34/76! Metal version!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 03:32 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
These gearboxes are all new. You can take a look at them in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSvnJPBFKQ Sorry it is kinda long, but there you can get the full run down of the tank. The final drive output shaft is actually not connected to the gearbox, but is held in place on the chassis itself. It is quite the interesting chassis.

I know, I know. We will get them out asap, but it will be more than a few weeks. TRUST ME, the surprise is good. In fact, I even had it (along with a few other special goodies) shipped a week early because I am just as eager.
You're killing me...softly. (name the artist and year...double cool points possible) Guess I'll just have to wait.

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Eric
Re the airsoft gun - "Although with our new airsoft units it might be safe to double check The new batches of them are here already and already are starting to ship in tanks. They are about 50% more powerful than the previous ones "
Is this TAG 126014 - http://www.imex-model.com/product/TA...IT.html?cid=90 - ?

Thanks
Mal
Do tell...I've missed TJM's guns. So, this would be good.

Originally Posted by Strato50
I'll be very happily surprised to see another new project, that'd be a leap for sure.

Not casting any bets this time ...but let's go with the least likely outcome... a Pershing metal hull with torsion bars & proper suspension!
Now that would be AWESOME! Forget the Jagdtiger or ISU...I totally want this. Oh, and the leap forward...(and lets you use some of the already tooled items)...the M46 Pershing. Sweetness right there!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:23 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Eric
Re the airsoft gun - "Although with our new airsoft units it might be safe to double check The new batches of them are here already and already are starting to ship in tanks. They are about 50% more powerful than the previous ones "
Is this TAG 126014 - http://www.imex-model.com/product/TA...IT.html?cid=90 - ?

Thanks
Mal
They are more powerful, but due to the weight of the airsoft bb the distance will not be much further. However, we have made a few adjustments to our airsoft unit to help with power and reliability. Yes the stock number is TAG120614 and they have TAIGEN marked on the side. There is no physical change in size or shape of the new ones, just added a better spring and got some better quality plastic for the gears inside. Just from this small change there is a very nice change in power
Originally Posted by Strato50
I'll be very happily surprised to see another new project, that'd be a leap for sure.

Not casting any bets this time ...but let's go with the least likely outcome... a Pershing metal hull with torsion bars & proper suspension!
I'm actually interested in the guesses you guys make for this one...
Originally Posted by maxu52
What do you mean by 50% more powerful? They shoot 50% further? Will the new guns break a 6mm paintball? And don't tell me you don't know. If you really don't know go try one. Then you will know. You can tell Bossman it's for customer service. Hey, you keep saying it's not recommended ... so why not? Shouldn't you know exactly what will happen? You are the tech guy, after all. And think how much fun you'll have making the video. You can thank me later.
Yes the new units will most likely break the paintballs. Here in especially with the heat the paintballs would rupture inside the tank haha. Plus, I'm not allowed to shoot anyone anymore after the last airsoft incident....
Old 08-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Imex-Erik

The T34 chassis will bolt up to the HL upper hull. The WSN is a bit bigger than both ours and the HL T34 so I doubt it will work easily but it looks feasible. Here are a few pictures, the white one is our Taigen T34, the one directly behind it is the WSN, and the one at the rear is the HL version.

When you buy the chassis kit it should come with the latches needed to match our lower hull and make them compatible. The WSN we make no promises for.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-28 10.47.20.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	2026684   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-28 10.47.43.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	2026685   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-28 10.48.08.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	2026686   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-28 10.48.19.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	2026687  
Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Patski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm why not a Taigen Sherman?

or......

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2026711  
Old 08-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Imex-Erik

I like the tracklayer better
Old 08-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Oh, let's not forget the Jagdtiger!

There needs to be an accurate plastic or metal kit out soon!

Jeff

Last edited by Panther F; 08-28-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by philipat
You're killing me...softly. (name the artist and year...double cool points possible)
Roberta Flack, 1973
Old 08-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Code501

Originally Posted by Panther F
Oh, let's not forget the Jagdtiger!

There needs to be an accurate plastic of metal kit out soon!

Jeff
I second that!!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:37 PM
MODELMAN2

The JAGDTIGER is coming from TORRO 1/16 METAL in APRIL 2015
Old 08-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MODELMAN2
The JAGDTIGER is coming from TORRO 1/16 METAL in APRIL 2015

Torro? Really? Were they the ones that released one in plastic a while back?

That one was inaccurate so I hope this one is correct.

Jeff
Old 08-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Panther F
Torro? Really? Were they the ones that released one in plastic a while back?

That one was inaccurate so I hope this one is correct.

Jeff
Yes they were, but this time they will be correcting the mistakes Also, that wasn't the big reveal hehe. I announced this way earlier in the year. Just a bit longer guys.... on a side note, I'm going to go enjoy my package I got today
Old 08-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Max-U52

Yes the new units will most likely break the paintballs. Here in especially with the heat the paintballs would rupture inside the tank haha. Plus, I'm not allowed to shoot anyone anymore after the last airsoft incident....
I think I might need to clarify my question ... what I mean is, do the new airsoft units have enough power that the paintball will break on contact with the target? The current units don't produce the velocity you need so the paintball tends to just bounce off the target without breaking. That's one of the reasons I'm not too worried that it will break inside the tank. The skin on these things is actually pretty tough. I don't suppose they give muzzle velocity ratings for these? I think I read the BB travels at 400 feet per second, but I don't believe that. In all my Taigen tanks the BBs are clearly visible to the naked eye as they fly through the air, especially if you're standing behind the tank or if the BB is coming directly at you. Most guys have probably seen my video where the T1 blasts a BB directly at the camera, and you can clearly see it coming. That's not enough speed to break a paintball on impact (at least that's been my experience).
Old 08-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Max-U52

Yes they were, but this time they will be correcting the mistakes Also, that wasn't the big reveal hehe. I announced this way earlier in the year. Just a bit longer guys.... on a side note, I'm going to go enjoy my package I got today
Anybody ever tell ya you're a tease? It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't seem to get such twisted pleasure out of it. Oh well, we all have our little quirks. We luv ya anyway, Buddy (most of the time).
Old 08-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Augustus1967

Maaaaan!!!

That Taigen T34 is looking Pretty Sweet!

But I Must Not Be Tempted!
Im Saving Myself for the Challenger and Abrams,,,
Though you could Prolly Talk me down off this Ledge with an M60A3 circa West Germany 1985...

I Know... I Ain't Holding my Breath...

-gus
Old 08-28-2014, 04:15 PM
siam

Hi Erick,
A little question.,.How many degrees of the barrel elevated/ depressed angles?
Old 08-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by Augustus1967
Though you could Prolly Talk me down off this Ledge with an M60A3 circa West Germany 1985...
Why '85? Were you there then? I was there in '80, right across the street from the 1/37 Tank Battalion, 1AD. Got to climb around on the M60s once in a while, and I agree that would make a great new project for IMEX. I'd probably buy at least two.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:38 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I might need to clarify my question ... what I mean is, do the new airsoft units have enough power that the paintball will break on contact with the target? The current units don't produce the velocity you need so the paintball tends to just bounce off the target without breaking. That's one of the reasons I'm not too worried that it will break inside the tank. The skin on these things is actually pretty tough. I don't suppose they give muzzle velocity ratings for these? I think I read the BB travels at 400 feet per second, but I don't believe that. In all my Taigen tanks the BBs are clearly visible to the naked eye as they fly through the air, especially if you're standing behind the tank or if the BB is coming directly at you. Most guys have probably seen my video where the T1 blasts a BB directly at the camera, and you can clearly see it coming. That's not enough speed to break a paintball on impact (at least that's been my experience).
Have you tried the marking BBs? Similar effect, but don't seem to require as much force on impact to leave a mark.

Roberta Flack, 1973
yep...one set of points. Major remix in 1996 by the Fugees.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Imex-Erik

The FPS is closer to 120-150fps. 400fps are the nice rifles, they give quite the nice sting. I don't think you will get the velocity needed to burst the paintball.
Originally Posted by siam
Hi Erick,
A little question.,.How many degrees of the barrel elevated/ depressed angles?
I'll bring my protractor on Monday and get an accurate measurement for you.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Augustus1967

Why '85? Were you there then? I was there in '80, right across the street from the 1/37 Tank Battalion, 1AD. Got to climb around on the M60s once in a while, and I agree that would make a great new project for IMEX. I'd probably buy at least two.

Yes Sir!

I was in Bravo Company 1-37 Armor from Early 1985 through 1987...
Started off as 19E (M60A3's), then transitioned to 19K (M1A1's) in the middle of 1986...

Our Warsaw Pact Brothers woulda had a Chance had they crossed the Line while we had the M60's... And Cobras...
It would have been a Whole New Show once we got the M1A1's... And Apaches...
In the End, I'm THANKFUL we never got to test my hypothesis.

I got the opportunity to Break Bread and Hoist Beers with my East German and Russian counterparts (Tankers)
a time or two. They were Good Folks, would have been a Damn Shame to see them in my Gun Sights...

-gus
Old 08-29-2014, 04:00 PM
shellfodder

I posted this in the Taigen forum, as I'm new to this I didn't see this forum so here it is again for those interested...

Here is the real low down on the Imex/Taigen T-34/85 straight from the source.

It will be released on Sept. 3rd or 4th. 2014 (9/2-3/2014). At least that week is its supposedly ready for retail sales.

The T-34/85 will be all metal except for the top of the hull as we have known since Jan. or so this year. Tracks, metal. Gears and all = metal!!!
The detail show in earlier pics with all the detail on the turret and hull will be there. The 360 mod is in for this tank.
It will come in 2 versions + 2 different color schemes. "Soviet Green" or "Winter Camouflage" AKA White-Washed.
1st version is the Airsoft BB version for $599.95 and the 2nd version is the IR version for Combat gaming at $639.99 (these are factory rep.prices for MSRP).

I just talked to a CS rep within the last hour or so. I hope this helps especially for us T-34 fans. This will be a Kick Arse tank.
Personally I'll probably get the Russian Green/Airsoft ver. since I don't combat with others in my city. There just isn't any I know of. This will be my first RC Tank, but I've been building models from tiny metal wargaming ones to my fave 1/35th scale and some RC planes/cars have worked on somewhat since the 70s. Looking forward to weathering it up! I asked about the excellent looking turret hooks/detail and such and the rep said Yes they will be there. Guess I'll skip that H.L. T-34/85 I was looking at. This tank looks nothing short of Amazing!!!

Hope this helps all interested...
-Cheers!
ps: Both versions (Airsoft-BB & the IR) will be available in either paint scheme (if my message was not clear).
Old 08-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Max-U52

I was in Bravo Company 1-37 Armor from Early 1985 through 1987...
At Katterbach?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Max-U52

I'm actually interested in the guesses you guys make for this one...
If we have to guess then you should give clues. We are talking about a tracked vehicle?
Old 08-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Augustus1967

At Katterbach?

Yes Indeed...
Right across from the Chopper Base.

Was just looking at the Battalion Area on Google Maps...
Man...! I Hardly recognize the place...
The layout has almost Completely Changed...
And it looks like the Motor Pool is being Demoed and Dug Up...

Runways are still there across the street.
But not an Aircraft to be seen.

It has Been THIRTY Flipping Years since I went in...
Hard to believe...

:-/

-gus
Old 08-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Max-U52

Yes Indeed...
Right across from the Chopper Base.

Was just looking at the Battalion Area on Google Maps...
Man...! I Hardly recognize the place...

Runways are still there across the street.
But not an Aircraft to be seen.

It has Been THIRTY Flipping Years since I went in...
Hard to believe...

:-/

-gus
Well, Brother, that chopper base is where I was for two years in '78 - '80. Also known as the Ansbach Army Heliport. D Co. 501st Aviation Battalion (Combat), 1st Armor Division. The Warding Eye. I had a bunch of buds that were tankers, at both Katterbach and Illesheim. I'll have to google it and check out the changes. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I didn't take the European out and stay right there. Oh well, what might have been, eh?
Old 09-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Max-U52

When I was there the motor pool for the tanks was actually on the other side of the highway from 1/37 (on the same side as the choppers). Was it still like that when you were there? That's how I got to climb around on the 60s, cuz they were right there inside our fences. Was Stinky's Gasthaus still there? Did everyone still call it "Stinky's"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.