Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Tanks?

Old 02-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the end, you are still better off buying a Tamiya. When you consider the cost of the tank and then all the extra's most put into them you could have had a much better tank in kit form that YOU build to your tastes in the first place. Now, granted with the new boards and sound card systems that are out there you can get some nice features with Clark and Benedini and some others but they can be incorporated into a Tamiya too. Then you have the best of both worlds the first time around.
The argument that they are too expensive just does not hold water when you take even a 100.00 dollar tank. Which by the way is almost none existent now and start throwing tons of parts and money at. Putting a fancy paint job on a basically HL tank does not make it a 300.00 dollar tank in any real world.
For those just getting into the hobby this is fine but dont expect it to do everything you could wish for and still only want to pay a hundred bucks. This is the RC hobby. It Costs Money.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhugill
Does anyone have a recording of the rx14 sound?
I took a look on youtube and didn't find anything obvious, I'll keep hunting.

I've never heard the earlier HL boards so I'm curious too..

With the 2.4ghz HL radios lacking proportional steering, it seem's they've taken TWO steps backwards now :P
Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

What do you mean by lacking proportional steering? I've never tried the new 2.4 hl set
Old 02-01-2014, 01:50 PM
modelbob71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then get HL T34 and find out.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:01 PM
tomhugill

That doesn't really help......
Old 02-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i think the new 2.4Ghz HL's have very good control i will have to make a video of my T-34 they have way better control than the regular HL's the sound still is bad though it will sound better once i get a Clark board
Old 02-01-2014, 04:44 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a video of a Sherman with the RX 14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muvKXNRW9bE

Last edited by YHR; 02-01-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Strato50

It's been mentioned in a couple other threads... the 2.4ghz HengLong radios and more specifically the T-34 (only model that I've read about people noticing..) when you steer and move forward, the inside track does not slow down gradually. It just stops.

So you can't make gentle, wide turns. It's very jerky and messy and you have to be very quick on the control stick... it sucks basically.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:58 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhugill
You missunderstand I wasn't offended, I just thought your post to be pointless whinging that serves no constructive or discernable purpose.
For goodness sake man will you stop faffing around and come to the point. My good friends I rejoice that we all have a common love, our Tanks, long may that last. shaun
Old 02-02-2014, 05:06 AM
tomhugill

Cheers strato! It might be they added braking to the channel of the inside track. On the original rx18 there was no braking so you couldn't do right turns on grass. Still it's a pity they've messed up something to fix something else!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:52 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

yes the only thing getting slammed around here is me

tomhugill

Join DateMar 2010Location, UNITED KINGDOMPosts1,034Gallery My Gallery Models My Models Ratings My Feedback

Holy pointless rant bat man!! No ones making you buy one, if you have concerns they have an active member on these forums who you would be better directing your concerns to.

Tamiya:leopard 2a6, king tiger, Porsche king tiger, panther g, jagdpanther. Hooben: elefant, t-55. HL panther f, Jagdpanther

FreakyDude

Join DateAug 2011Locationbarrie, ON, CANADAPosts830Gallery My Gallery Models My Models Ratings My Feedback

So here is some questions and where I see Imex/Taigen product
Airbrushler are you still a biased person with an interest to see a different product sell? If so and I believe it to be this way you should mention that.

The Taigen product fits into a whole different category when you are talking about the units with the torsion suspension and or the metal version tanks.
The plastic version tanks for the most part have an increased cost because you need to justify the camo schemes painted on them. Again this is for the non-builder that wants a ready to run. the extra cost isn't that expensive especially when you consider you can't get
a custom paint for less than $100 because there is a lot of work in doing that.
A person shouldn't buy a Tank regardless of brand because of the sound, It may be a mitigating factor but really a person should buy it because you see value in the offering.
Your choice is to buy and paint on your own. That is a fine choice for you but I do think there are many people out there that buy because it is a complete product.You should not slam the purchase choice of others because you can not understand their motives, poor etiquette on your part.
Personally my store supports Taigen and Erik because I see value in what is being offered. It is good product at a price that has value.

www.shop.immortalhobbies.com

North American Distributor Of The Clark TK20 and TK22 Boards

FreakyDude

Join DateAug 2011Locationbarrie, ON, CANADAPosts830Gallery My Gallery Models My Models Ratings My Feedback

Are we reading the same posts?
I always state the fact that I have a biased opinion if in fact I do or I that I have an interest one way or the other. I am honest about this,
Greg was slamming Tiagen by saying their sounds are terrible then he goes on to say that he will paint the tank himself like as if the Taigen wasn't good enough. This post was done in a very poor manner period
my poor etiquette lol did you read the post before or after airbrushler edited it

tomhugill

Join DateMar 2010Location, UNITED KINGDOMPosts1,034Gallery My Gallery Models My Models Ratings My Feedback

Originally Posted by Airbrushler
why would anyone like th sound it's a HL sound i was asking if that was the case and if i was wrong to let me know iin my first post i said the sound sucked i figured the word sucks had offended Tom and was to harse for being in the post so that was the wording i changed i stated my opinion which i have a right to but i was not slamming the tank just the sound and the price as i know with upgrading the electronics the price will go up but they have to still be affordable and as for the painting i don't want to have to buy a tank painted i can paint it myself

You missunderstand I wasn't offended, I just thought your post to be pointless whinging that serves no constructive or discernable purpose.

i just stated i didn't like the sound of the HL now i'm a Ranter, i'm Whinging, i have poor etiquette and i'm a Slammer
Old 02-02-2014, 07:10 AM
tomhugill

I only said something because you felt the need to start a thread about something we already know and not offer anything constructive into the conversation.

Still I'm sorry if I've offended, I wasn't having ago at you personally, just at the thread content and tone.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:17 AM
YHR

Airbrushler.

You hardly need to defend yourself. You don't own a Taigen tank, and all you were asking was for someone to explain to why you are paying more for a tank that still runs HL electronics. The extra dollars are put into metal parts not the electronics.

IMO, rather then slamming you personally, people should have just done their best to explain the value base of a Taigen tank. If you take the Tiger for example,

Base HL Tiger is $100 Typical Heng long that everyone knows Plastic tracks, RX 18,

Base Taigen Tiger is $224 Torsion bar suspension, with metal hull insert opening hatches, quick release upper hull mechanism. Basically an HL with asiatam metal hull parts added. You are not paying for the electronics, you are paying extra for the asiatam parts already added. If you don't feel like adding these yourself then purchasing the Taigen with all these parts added may make sense.

The more expensive Taigen Tiger, has even more asiatam parts with a nicer paint job, but it still has the base electronics. I sell neither, and just did some comparisons from viewing websites that sell both, to come to this conclusion.

Last edited by YHR; 02-02-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Strato50

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	facepalm_227785.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1964630  
Old 02-02-2014, 11:49 AM
YHR

Lol
Old 02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it begins...another this vs. that thread. Think we need to ask moderator to start another sticky for electronics with all the systems available to date.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Man.... I go away for a weekend and all of this happens.... I say you guys IR battle it out!