Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Hooben Leopard 2 A4 and M 1 Abrams at nuremberg toy fair 2014

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hooben Leopard 2 A4 and M 1 Abrams at nuremberg toy fair 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Koenigstiger

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hooben Leopard 2 A4 and M 1 Abrams at nuremberg toy fair 2014

Hallo from Germany,

after I get the Information from ARK-Model a few weeks ago - they released the models this year - have a look =

http://www.heng-long-panzerforum.com...threadID=14988

Best regards from an old tanker

Guenther
Old 02-04-2014, 09:56 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Would you post some Photos as I was unable to access that link?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Koenigstiger

Hallo Maus 45,

some mintes later - but the Leopard has a very crazy comouflage !

Best regards

Guenther
Old 02-04-2014, 11:04 AM
B/Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZJsj_P...%3DxZJsj_Ppypc

Hopefully a firm release date will follow soon and we can put an end to all the "I want an Abrams" threads.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Koenigstiger

Hallo,

here is the Leopard Video =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpdvRgEiLHU

Best regards from the KT...
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B/Man
Here's a video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZJsj_P...%3DxZJsj_Ppypc

Hopefully a firm release date will follow soon and we can put an end to all the "I want an Abrams" threads.
They did also showcase a prototype E-100... like 5 years ago.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:40 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

I can't really comment on the M1 Abrams as I don't have the Hobby Engine one to compare to, but the Leopard 2A4 looks quite un-related to the Tamiya or Heng Long Leopard 2A6 offering - it has the correct 2A4 parts like the shorter turret, different style side skirts, functioning driver mirrors. If this model comes to fruition, major props to Hooben for continuing to put out unique tank models.

I do hope they have improved the durability of their molds though. Even with the T55s selling fairly slowly it didn't take long for them to wear out.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:26 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With Hooben, nothing seems to be for sure. We'll see what comes of it though. An Abrams would be nice in a hobby level offering. The Leopard looks good too, just not the paint job.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very promising. Hopefully we get a peek inside asap!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:30 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's hoping.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:24 PM
B/Man

Originally Posted by Captain Nemo12
They did also showcase a prototype E-100... like 5 years ago.
And a Maus but both projects have long since been knocked on the head. Presumably they decided paper panzers wouldn't be big sellers. If they are first to market with this one though, they will probably have a winner on their hands.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:58 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Well if nothing else it shows progress from the cad drawings. If the leopard runs are well as my t-55 I'll be a happy bunny!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:12 AM
reyemmanuel

Good news indeed.

It does look like many a wallets going to crack open this year ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yank1_2.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1965580  

Last edited by reyemmanuel; 02-05-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:36 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What makes me laugh is the excited people whom see a prototype and believe it will be in the shops soon, even this year Hoobens track record is hardly the best there is still time to cancel this project just like they did with the E100 and Mause, how many years did it take to release the T55, let’s see who can hold their breath the longest springs to mind, having said that the Leopard does look good though the paint is anything but right
Old 02-05-2014, 01:37 AM
vonmarshall
My Feedback: (1)

Judging from the noise across this forum and others about an Abrams, I imagine this would be a winner for them.

I must admit I cannot see the commercial reason to launch a Leopard when the HL and Tamiya versions are there already. Even though it looks rather nice and is a bit different to the 2A6.

With WWII armour I understand why there may be enough demand for Tigers, Panthers etc for all manufacturers to want to compete in the same space.

We keep hearing how small the market is for RC Tanks. The market for modern armour is therefore probably even smaller. So if you want to try to take market-share, surely you have to try to get the people that like modern tanks so buy more of them. If you have a 2A6 are you really going to buy a 2A4? Probably not. But if you like modern tanks, would you buy a Merkava? Or a Chally? or a T90? I would imagine so.

Oh well, fingers crossed the Abrams goes further than prototype.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:49 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

You laugh at the colour mark but if you use the proper vallejo colours this is what they ccome out like. It was only after I had weathered my Leo it looked right!
Old 02-05-2014, 03:11 AM
B/Man

Originally Posted by rivetcounter
What makes me laugh is the excited people whom see a prototype and believe it will be in the shops soon, even this year Hoobens track record is hardly the best there is still time to cancel this project just like they did with the E100 and Mause, how many years did it take to release the T55, let’s see who can hold their breath the longest springs to mind, having said that the Leopard does look good though the paint is anything but right
Why are you so angry rivetcounter? Who hurt you?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:06 AM
rivetcounter

B/man, LOL, stick around a bit longer mate you will see that a company only has to show a fag packet drawing then the posts start of “where can I buy one” or “who stocks them” or my favourite from grown men “I want it now, why do I have to wait”
On a more serious note I know a number of people who have between 3 and 7 Leopard variants so buying a full Leopard 2A4 kit would be most welcome, you have to remember that the Leopard in all variants is one of the most used AFV’s in the world Abrams and Challenger the least so a third Leopard variant makes more sense than an Abrams, that is unless you live in the US, for me the Leopard looks very tempting though I doubt you will see either this year
Old 02-05-2014, 05:51 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What rivetcounter means to say for us North American readers is "cigarette package ad"

You're welcome.. :P
Old 02-05-2014, 06:08 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As Canada just had a whole bunch of 2A4 rebuilt with modular armor packages added, the 2A4 would be on my shopping list.

What we have to remember is that part of the purpose of showcasing models shown at a trade fair, is to gauge response from retailers. For instance, if the response to a prototype is very negative, that prototype will never see the light of day.

Over Hobben and the Maus. Very small interest in this tank was the reason they pulled the plug on it would be my bet. Some guys wanting a tank does not equate to sustainable sales numbers to recover the cost of tooling. IF there were 100 responses, of "why are you doing a Maus why not do a Abrams" to every 1, "I like the Maus" Then guess what, Maus gets shelved and Abrams prototype gets built.

Seeing a prototype is a sign at least someone has done more then just thinking about building it.. The comments either good or bad are then weighed prior to committing dollars to a production run. The manufactures sincere hope is they have picked a winner, but if the thing flops at trade shows, they still have time to pull away from the project.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 AM
mcovalsk

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2cts… you know.

I think that most of the modelers hadn’t been fair with Hooben. I read lapidaries reviews in many forums, even in some here at RCU.
I bought my Hooben T55 on 2012, it was not a RTR so I knew that I had to work for getting the finished model. Somebody could say that to build is funny other will think in contrary but the fact is that I received a good base, plenty of metal parts for a T55 that once built it looks amazing.

I spent US$450 for a full kit, that included the DMD and MFU, the gears were not the best and many plastic pieces needed a lot of work to fit together or even to repair, several couldn’t get and had to be made from scratch. However few of the Heng longs I bought during the last two years were so bad ( and I didn’t pay them cheap) that the Hooben’s T55 was not a bad deal for what the kit offered me. The problem with the Hooben is not the level of detail or engineering, they are plenty of details and good design.

Nowadays I would replace the gear boxes in favor of Tamiya ones, and probably would use a Clark instead that MFU, but still the model once finished is comparable to Tamiya in terms of what the manufacturer wanted to reach.

So any model coming from Hooben are welcomed for me, they are masterpieces that need a better cast and quality control. ( I’m receiving a gift certificate from Hooben LOL LOL )

Last edited by mcovalsk; 02-05-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:30 AM
rivetcounter

Strato, no what I’m saying is Europeans will be happy with the Leopard and have little interest in the Abrams and Americans will be happy with the Abrams and have little interest in the Leopard.
Take your mind back last year when Hooben first showed graphics of the Leopard and Abrams, now to some this was officially released, 12 months on they have seen a “prototype” and again this is officially released, as has been said this is just a prototype at a trade show to gauge interest weather either will ever be completed is a completely different story that only time will tell
Old 02-05-2014, 11:12 AM
B/Man

Just for the record, I emailed Hooben last night and they are unable to confirm a release date at this stage. So as rivetcounter has said don't expect it to hit the shelves tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:51 AM
karel47

let's hope they got realized somehow in the near feature ... although i sold my T55 kit for it was to modern am now stacked with a tamiya leo 2A6 in my warehouse, no regrets from it i keep it maybe if the abrams come out buy him to ... who can say
look to asiatam with the sturmtiger and the opel blitz , here in europe it sell's, no big hit but i think its more then enough to brings new models out ... their 1/16 famo is still a beautiful model , all metal , not perfect but the best on the market for now ... so complaining is not needed ... support them has to do it ... perfect models are not affordable to the great mass
MM Models had made 1/16 halftracks out, i also bought two of the an 251/1 B and D type
its time to awake and buy some original kits ... what use is the sixteenth kit of a tiger for us ... just none ... pray for origal ones but you have to buy them to let them survive

but as rivet said first see and them believe
Old 02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will believe it when i see it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.