Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fixing the odd HL 2,4 Ghz TX

The new 2,4 Ghz heng long Tx is really odd. I'm around RC since 1978 and never have seen a Tx without trims, you can't do nothing whit no trims.
    My two Leopards are awaiting in the garage for a better future, in the meantime I have play a little with them to test the 2,4 Ghz set. Both of them turn to the right, a little but enough to make me nervous.

Besides I like the Tamiya configuration as I have used it since 30 years now, steering in the right and throttle in the left.

I took one of my unused 27Mhz Tx and just changed the stick sets. Quite simple as the connectors are the same. I made an extra work permuting the potentiometer/switch to the my configuration.

Now I have the 2,4 Ghz Tx with trims and works pretty good. The springs are soft and better to hand them.
    Mario Covalski
    Editor Modelersite

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    What about proportional steering? I thought all the new HL 2.4ghz didn't have proportional steering which makes driving a nightmare... do the Leopards have proportional?
    CAN-AM Rc Tank Club - Tiger I * Panzer IV * Panzer III * Chi Nu Kai **** KV-2 * Pershing * T-34/85 * M4A1 Sherman

Clark board wizard. I can fix it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I toss mine and go back to the RX 18. I hope HL doesn't stop producing these. I am running long can Promax with my leopard 2. With a regular set of gears, the RX18 with the lid off is barely getting warm. There is more heat coming off the Promax motors then there is off the RX18.

Of course I also have this paired with the DBC3 and Benedini to give me control from a Spektrum radio.

As far as I am concerned the HL 2.4 Ghz stuff is a step backward.
    Last edited by YHR; 02-27-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Strato50 View Post
    What about proportional steering? I thought all the new HL 2.4ghz didn't have proportional steering which makes driving a nightmare... do the Leopards have proportional?
    Stratos50, again the 2,4 is odd. If you go ahead doesn't have proportional steering, however if you go for spin first and then go ahead, WOW the proportional steering is there. Obviously a mistake in the software.

I agree the RX18 was far better just HL needed to make a 2,4Ghz Rx, nothing more.
    Mario Covalski
    Editor Modelersite

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'll try that right now! T-34, go! :P

Ty Mario
    CAN-AM Rc Tank Club - Tiger I * Panzer IV * Panzer III * Chi Nu Kai **** KV-2 * Pershing * T-34/85 * M4A1 Sherman

Clark board wizard. I can fix it!