Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    You are "treads on ground" and I am not. That is true.

But you are "treads on ground" who considers Russia to be "Mother" and who has specific opinions on aspects of this crisis which are not fully in accordance with the opinions of large chunks of the Ukrainian population - which is something you are entitled to but does not confer you with any kind of veneer of neutrality which lends me to think that your "treads on ground" view of the situation is entirely biased.

And is therefore political - as any biased opinion is by definition.

But to be fair.....I could choose not to read this thread anymore as I now know you and your family are in one piece and I am unlikely to find any information here as to the situation which is less biased than any other news source.

And I think that is what I will do.

And in saying that, I genuinely hope that things pan out in Ukraine in a peaceful manner and one that is acceptable to the majority of the people concerned and that doesnt adversely impact the minority who will find themselves having to accept a situation they may not view as something they wanted.

p

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by lposter View Post
    You are "treads on ground" and I am not. That is true.

But you are "treads on ground" who considers Russia to be "Mother" and who has specific opinions on aspects of this crisis which are not fully in accordance with the opinions of large chunks of the Ukrainian population - which is something you are entitled to but does not confer you with any kind of veneer of neutrality which lends me to think that your "treads on ground" view of the situation is entirely biased.

And is therefore political - as any biased opinion is by definition.

But to be fair.....I could choose not to read this thread anymore as I now know you and your family are in one piece and I am unlikely to find any information here as to the situation which is less biased than any other news source.

And I think that is what I will do.

And in saying that, I genuinely hope that things pan out in Ukraine in a peaceful manner and one that is acceptable to the majority of the people concerned and that doesnt adversely impact the minority who will find themselves having to accept a situation they may not view as something they wanted.

p
    Well, Iposter it's his damn thread, he's living the situation and reporting it, so if you have a problem with it just carry your unhappy self somewhere else.

This is not required reading for you.

I may not agree with what is happening but this is not the place to discuss it.
    Last edited by evarnad; 03-07-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    You are right. It isn,t. Thats why we have the lounge section.

Its great to hear someones personal experience.
    Its not great to hear that everyones feeling safe and well in crimea
    thanks to "mother".

The crimean Tatars probably dont feel so great given what happened
    the last time "mother"s militias came to town.

You see the difference between recounting personal experience
    and slanted opinion?

Thats whh this thread needs to be elsewhere.
    P

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Iposter, The lounge is open for you, Bye

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Go to the RCU Community Forum Rules and the scond one states that discussions on political,social or religous matters are not permitted.

we had one two weeks ago, on Ukraine, featuring some of the same posters as here. Within five posts the political leanings of posters were being expressed in graphic and nasty form. It was deleted after reasonable people pointed out the problem.

this thread is leaning towards the same politics. As yet it has not included the type of posts that closed the last one.

i dont think this one should be deleted but it could probably be moved to a less RC oriented section of the site.

i have kept a civil tongue in my mouth and made my points calmly and reasonably. I have attacked no one.

but i still maintain, despite being interesting in itself, that this is a politically delicate topic, likely to cause offence, that political opinions are being expressed and that it would be better placed in a more general section where people interested in a political discussion can find it.

p

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Iposter, as I told you, 'Mother' is a slang term for 'Russia'. The term can be derogatory or complimentry depending on the pitch and inflection of the statement. The same term is used in US and German military with the same double meaning, at least the units I trained and trained with.

The Krimea Tatari were deported in 1944 after the Germans evacuated during the retreat from Kursk to the west, literally a week after the evacuation. Stalin accused Tatari of collaborating with the Germans, rightly or wrongly I don't know, I wasn't here. To this day Tatari mark that day as a day of mourning. Until the fall of SSSR Tatari were refused permission to return to Krim. A few came back, actually the sons and grandsons of the deportees, during the Kravchuk and Kuchma regimes, many more during the Tymoshenko/Yushenko regimes, more during the regime of Yanukovich. They were promised and given lands to settle on and build their family homes on. Of course, true to form, most of the land was stolen by their own oligarchs and the oligarchs of the ruling regimes of the time. Perhaps you should come to Bachti Sarai yourself and talk to them. We do, and we have several Tatari friends. All that we know were and are aghast at the violence in Simferopol on Monday of last week. The Tatari are primarily interested in business and a quiet life. Almost all of the Matrushki (private small buses) are owned and operated by Tatari. The entire huge market place in Bachti Sarai is TOTALLY owned and operated by Tatari. Many of the food kiosks and stores in Sevastopol and all of Krim are owned and operated by Tatari. For you to make a 'probable' judgement as to what the Tatari are feeling and thinking is almost beyond belief as you are not here, you don't talk to them, you don't know them. My wife, who I always have said is half 'Turkoman', is in reality half Tatar. Her father is Russian, her mother Tatar. Tatari have been promised by our new Prime Minister that they will finally have representation in Krim Rada in proportion to their 15% of the population and they will be given the land they were promised almost 20 years ago. We'll see if that happens.

My statements are NOT personal opinion. I state what I have personally seen and heard, either first person or watching a live broadcast. Anything I hear or see second hand is never mentioned if and until personally verified.
    Robert Herne
    Owner - ETO Armor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Iposter: You really need to give this subject a rest. Those of us who have been around from the beginning, know Bob and he's one of the good guys. And he's there....we aren't.... and I for one appreciate hearing first hand what's going on over there. I say leave the thread where it is. Be safe Bob...... PP
    \"Attack...Attack...Attack !! Always the best defense\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerpaul View Post
    Iposter: You really need to give this subject a rest. Those of us who have been around from the beginning, know Bob and he's one of the good guys. And he's there....we aren't.... and I for one appreciate hearing first hand what's going on over there. I say leave the thread where it is. Be safe Bob...... PP
    I agree and I also think that the one who made this a political foray was Iposter with his original post.

Iposter why don't you PM sevoblast and try to convince him he was being political, I really don't need your participation here, besides I believe you are non-relevant to the subject.

You also seem to be the only one not following the rules and the only one objecting to sevoblast.
    Last edited by evarnad; 03-07-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Your reading skills are limited.

Otherwise you would have noticed that i find his posts interesting and am quite glad he is in good shape.

He did communicate privately with me and i saw nothing to change my opinion.

I have a relative in one of the organisations in Ukraine and their experience on the ground

are somewhat contrary to the opinions being reported here.

Sevoblast was also super quick in his anti- european posts two weeks ago, which may be

uncharacteristic for him and made in the heat of the moment,

but nonetheless leave a certain impression.

If you guys are willing to accept what in essence amounts to mild propoganda

on an rc tank forum. . . Best of luck to you.

P

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Wow, just started reading this and it's a shame that an informational post about a fellow member's plight and situation turned ugly. Too many here in the US believe our media, being born of the First Amendment, are unbiased and non-political. And nothing could be further from the truth.
    I'm not trying to be political here - I am suggesting that more people should listen to more than MSNBC or CNN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by evarnad View Post
    Iposter, The lounge is open for you, Bye
    Thank you for joining our forum and disposing who can and can't express an opinion. Quite a promotion after only your 15th post.

Other ward, Best wishes to you Sev. It must be scary. Stay safe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Although I find Iposter to be condescending and arrogant given our last go around, I must admit I feel he is right. Servo is obviously biased towards one side of the crisis and has allowed his opinions of the current situation to bleed through. Having stated that, I don’t find fault in any of Servo's posts and find them quite informative and I pray the best for him and his family, but calling for a non-political tone is a bit hypocritical. I for one see to many correlations to the late 30’s and the basic land grab in the name of "protecting" ethnic citizens of another nation state. Again Mr. Herne, I wish you the best of luck and a peaceful resolution to this crisis, but I don’t trust Putin as far as I can throw him. I remember the Cold War.
    Last edited by Cruiser133; 03-07-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Tamiya-King Tiger (H), Tiger, Pershing, Sherman, Panther G, PZIV, Leopard 2A6. Hybrid Tamiya/Matorro-Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger. Taigen-PZIII (metal). Hooben-Elefant. In the works-Lowe and E-100

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I would be very careful of the BBC in these days they are very much slanted to the left, in days gone by the BBC was very much none biased unfortunately this has changed, as Sev says trust none of the medias regardless of side.

As the Chinese chap said to the white chap (pick your own nationality) “ the difference between you and me, I know it’s all propaganda”

Let us know all is well Sev
    UKTC European Coordinator
    RAG Militδrmodellbau

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sev,

Be advised that there are those among us that are educated, unbiased, and also know a little bit about the Russian people from personal experience who empathize with the Russian Crimeans. Those people who are casting stones should look at a few other points of view before hurling derogatory remarks. I have friends and colleagues in Voronezh, Samara, and Moscow. I can't speak for those on the forum from other parts of the world, but I and other Americans believe there are many similarities between Russian people and American people. It is primarily our political leaders who set us apart, not the citizens. I would also like to point out the that the Western Ukrainians and there self absorbed oligarchs who are creating a conflict not started by Russia or the Ukranians of Russian descent. I hope for a civilized resolution to this situation.
    Frank Sciorelli
    Cameron Park CA
    HL PZKW III Ausf L (2), PZKW III Ausf H, Stug III, KV-1 Ekranami

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry S. View Post
    Thank you for joining our forum and disposing who can and can't express an opinion. Quite a promotion after only your 15th post.

Other ward, Best wishes to you Sev. It must be scary. Stay safe.

So Mr. Perry S who die and made you the person in charge of promoting people by the number of posts they have made, who I ask???????

Why didn't you just say to Sevoblast what you did and be done with it instead of getting all over me for my opinion, why I ask??????

If he wants to write about his situation in his on words then take it for what's worth and move on.

Maybe you should reread the title of this thread and his first post, just to refresh your mind.

PS For your future information I don't always get on here to post but to learn but that doesn't make me any less of a supporter than you, so get off your high horse.
    Your no different than anyone else.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Bob,

Can you please just focus on how you and your family are doing. Anything else will be taken at best as being given under duress, and at worst propaganda.

Otherwise, I was really hoping this would die down. All the actors have their own problems and baggage, but the Soviet/Russian record in dealing with their neighbors is atrocious. For them to step in as 'neutral' would be laughable if it were not so tragic.
    Kevin O'C <S.C.A.T.> www.socalareatankers.com -Tamiya-Sherman/Tiger/Pershing/Pnzr IV/Kubelwagen/HL-Tiger, Pnzr III/Mato Sherman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Gentlemen, please, let's calm down. I take no offense at anyone.

All is quiet this morning. The bellweather is if the private buses are running as normal. They started at their normal time, 06. From our balcony we can see a good part of the harbor and all the way to Maison on the south west side and almost to 5 Kilometer Market on the south side. All looks normal. Belbek Airbase is close enough that we can hear any airframes taking off or hear any unpleasantness going on up there on the north side. All is quiet on every quadrant at this time.
    Robert Herne
    Owner - ETO Armor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    glad to hear hope you are doing well

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I hope you do well there Sevoblast and no harm comes to you. If it was me I'd be unpacking already from a hasty exit. Really sad thing is this is such a powder keg the smallest thing is going to ignite the region.
    www.shop.immortalhobbies.com

North American Distributor Of The Clark TK20 and TK22 Boards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Stay Safe Bob. I very touchy subject, but expected considering the territories involved. Nothing is ever Black and white, and I think it is great that we no longer only have our media to listen to. The internet allows us to hear differing opinions and decide for ourselves what is going on. Propaganda is no longer the tool it once was.

Cheers

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    All is quiet this morning, I know of no altercations last night. Again as yesterday life is normal and the buses are operating, albeit at the reduced Sunday schedule.

Thanks, Dan. You are absolutely correct on the information at our fingertips now, but the problem is people can be and are just as gullible as they ever were. You should see some of the unconfirmed reports of the last 3 months from what were regarded as reliable media. But then I've always known just how accurate the Media is.

Freaky, it would be difficult to just up stakes and leave. We have rather a few children who are just as precious as other's children are to them, although ours have 4 legs. Everything we own is here, plus there's a rather important development being worked on as in the local machine shops. Once the dust settles I'll get that up and running. I think everyone will be pleased but the project can not be done for a reasonable price in US or EU, only here.
    Robert Herne
    Owner - ETO Armor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Well said, Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by fsciorelli View Post
    Sev,

Be advised that there are those among us that are educated, unbiased, and also know a little bit about the Russian people from personal experience who empathize with the Russian Crimeans. Those people who are casting stones should look at a few other points of view before hurling derogatory remarks. I have friends and colleagues in Voronezh, Samara, and Moscow. I can't speak for those on the forum from other parts of the world, but I and other Americans believe there are many similarities between Russian people and American people. It is primarily our political leaders who set us apart, not the citizens. I would also like to point out the that the Western Ukrainians and there self absorbed oligarchs who are creating a conflict not started by Russia or the Ukranians of Russian descent. I hope for a civilized resolution to this situation.
    We should blame the elites like the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers. Everything done in the world is done for their profit and their interests.
    Last edited by EugeniRUS; 03-09-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I haven't been on here for awhile, stopped in to say hello, and came across this thread. Bob I am glad to hear you and your family are safe, and continue to be safe.

cheers
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks, 'Reb'. We are fine now. Week and a half ago it was a bit worrying to say the least, and that is probably the understatement of the year. However, I stress, things are normal here, businesses and shops are functioning as usual, transport works as usual, our new local government is working as normal and the people are calm. We'll see what the coming week before the dual referendums brings.
    Robert Herne
    Owner - ETO Armor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    07:30, all is quiet and normal down here. Buses are running as normal and the usual numbers of people are walking to our little 'village' center for work. Been up since 05 and not a sound from any quadrant.
    Robert Herne
    Owner - ETO Armor

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast