Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heartfelt thank you from Sevastopol

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heartfelt thank you from Sevastopol

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:32 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lposter

It is you who seem to be taking this off track. The issue is Crimea, not IRAQ or past American foreign policy. I also find the remarks about the troops, and bringing up the plight they are left living with a little crass,.

Regardless of why the US troops were in IRAQ does not diminish the accomplishment of the armed force in the service of their country. War is hell and each of these guys has to relive that hell. I know the Americans are proud of their Military, and many have served their country in one form of another.

It is the very reason war is hell is that I engaged in this conversation. Understanding the facts, and not the trumped up news reports is crucial to forming an opinion on this. Television is not geared up for an in depth review . Inflame and rile up the masses to sell stuff is their mandate. I agree we as citizens need to see the news media for what it is, and dig deeper then they are prepared to go to find the truth,

Nothing builds a viewer base like reporting on a war.

You seem to have lost your objectivity on this awhile ago.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
YHR

Originally Posted by Panther G
I do not have a problem with territories or countries what want to be connected with there ancestral home land. I just dont like the fact that Putin seems to think that every country that speaks Russian should be part of Russia.
In the states we have many area's that still prefer to speak in their native language which is perfectly fine.
The issue I have is for these governments that use underhanded techniques to de stabilze and area to get them to want to re join the USSR. That in which is just what Putin wants. The glory days of the USSR. Which I see no benefit for doing it .The older generations still by into the communist theory which has been proven over and over again to fail. It is the younger people that where born and live in the post cold war era. They all seem to want more independence than any one has seen in a long time now.
Again I see no problem for a territory to want to maintain ties with thier former leaders but it should always be done freely and openly without a heavy "mystery " army knocking down doors and holding the home military at bay. How is that free and open. It isn't. It is cohersion in it's simplest form. So if Crimea wants to be a part of Russia fine. But if the majority of Ukraine wants to be independent then they should be allowed.
We are exactly on the same page on this. Let the people decide, Crimea is a little different as there were agreements in place protecting Russian Sovereignty and ethic Russians in the area. SO as bad as it looked, after the fact and now the details are being released, they were in fact asked to intervene by the elected Crimean leaders who were fearful of the Ukraine. This request was voted on with a overwhelming support, with only 8 out of 73 choosing to remain neutral. Also the reason for no military markings. They were acting as police on behalf of the Crimean government,

What a twisted web the world is.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:18 AM
lposter

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by YHR
Lposter

It is you who seem to be taking this off track. The issue is Crimea, not IRAQ or past American foreign policy. I also find the remarks about the troops, and bringing up the plight they are left living with a little crass,.

Regardless of why the US troops were in IRAQ does not diminish the accomplishment of the armed force in the service of their country. War is hell and each of these guys has to relive that hell. I know the Americans are proud of their Military, and many have served their country in one form of another.

It is the very reason war is hell is that I engaged in this conversation. Understanding the facts, and not the trumped up news reports is crucial to forming an opinion on this. Television is not geared up for an in depth review . Inflame and rile up the masses to sell stuff is their mandate. I agree we as citizens need to see the news media for what it is, and dig deeper then they are prepared to go to find the truth,

Nothing builds a viewer base like reporting on a war.

You seem to have lost your objectivity on this awhile ago.
Dan, Im afraid you need to go back a few pages to see when this train wreck derailed.

Its been a free for all for a while.

As for the veterans. . . .get used to it. The books that are being published now paint a grim story and thers no

ticker tape parades or happy endings.

That might not sit well with the official version but then again. . .

those who dictate that version wouldnt allow news footage of caskets lined up at airports.

Mission Accomplished and all that jazz I suppose.

History repeating itself.

P
Old 03-25-2014, 11:35 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Secret evidence given to the Chilcot Inquiry into the conflict reveals the former Prime Minister was told in 2002 that Libya posed a far greater threat and was pursuing an active nuclear weapons programme.
By contrast, one senior MI6 officer said it was clear 12 months before the war that Saddam Hussein had no nuclear weapons and no significant WMD at all.
The unnamed officer said any actual WMD in Iraq would be ‘very, very small’ and would fit on ‘the back of a petrol lorry’.
Blair is said to have ‘understood’ that Libya was the real threat.
On April 4, 2002, the day before Blair flew to the United States for a pivotal weekend with Bush, he is said to have accepted that ‘it would not be sensible to lead the argument on Saddam and the WMD issue’.
In the run-up to the 2003 war, Blair claimed the intelligence on Iraq’s WMD programme was ‘extensive, detailed and authoritative’.

Fast Forward a few years and Blair’s WMD intelligence was neither detailed nor authoritative it was none existent
Old 03-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lposter
Dan, Im afraid you need to go back a few pages to see when this train wreck derailed.

Its been a free for all for a while.

As for the veterans. . . .get used to it. The books that are being published now paint a grim story and thers no

ticker tape parades or happy endings.

That might not sit well with the official version but then again. . .

those who dictate that version wouldnt allow news footage of caskets lined up at airports.

Mission Accomplished and all that jazz I suppose.

History repeating itself.

P
You believe what you want to believe and find sources which fit your narative. You are no different from the rest of us...
Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 AM
lposter

Im different from you.
I consider myself a patriot and like all good patriots spend my time questioning what my country is doing.
You claim to be a patriot and spend your time sucking up then regurgitating whatever muck your leaders see fit to feed you with.

As I said. . .less flag waving, " thank you for your service" and chest beating and instead write your congressman to find out why your veterans dont always get what they deserve.

That would be nearer real patrotism.

P
Old 03-25-2014, 02:01 PM
dyeager535
My Feedback: (1)

But I guess the tragic tales of alchoholism, suicide, abuse, sickness, tailer parks and abandonment by the US

government will be a depressing read.
Any book on the status of American culture would be a depressing read. The results of vets going to combat today are vastly different than those in past wars, and it's due to a different culture. You might as well talk about violence, suicide, drug abuse, drunk driving, or incarceration in America as a whole. Looking at vets as some sort of "different" population might be interesting, but their issues are a symptom of a larger problem. The only difference is, they've been to war. And only about 1% of American's serve in the military...hardly a driving force for the rest of the social problems we have, especially with an all-volunteer military.

I have a sneaking suspicion, if you look past the hype, that the military has a higher incidence of cited problems than the general public...they are held to a much higher standard, and thus will be diagnosed and singled out to a far higher degree than the general population, whether good or bad.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:30 PM
evarnad

Im different from you.
I consider myself a patriot and like all good patriots spend my time questioning what my country is doing.
You claim to be a patriot and spend your time sucking up then regurgitating whatever muck your leaders see fit to feed you with.

As I said. . .less flag waving, " thank you for your service" and chest beating and instead write your congressman to find out why your veterans dont always get what they deserve.

P
Yours, just another country waiting for the US to solve all the worlds problems.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 PM
lposter

Well I guess I better not hold my breath as its been a long time since any single country ever solved a world problem.

AIDS?
World hunger?
The common cold?
Cancer?
Slavery?
Loss of genetic diversity?
Energy problems?
Climate change?
Ocean acidification?

Let me know when the US, or any other country for that matter, gets around to solving some of those.

Because Syria, Iraq, Af-bloody-ghanistan, the Palestinians, Ukraine, Vietnam, Korea, Kosov.........they are not world problems other than for the fact that nuclear powers stick their noses in.

Without nuclear weapons......those are regional (if not local) problems which wouldnt have generated so much as a headline in 1925.

And even those regional/local problems....the US didnt do much to solve those either.

So Im sorry if it goes against your way of thinking but a world problem hasnt been "solved" since 1945 and the US didnt solve that on its own either.

p
Old 03-26-2014, 05:47 AM
evarnad

Well I guess I better not hold my breath as its been a long time since any single country ever solved a world problem.

AIDS?
World hunger?
The common cold?
Cancer?
Slavery?
Loss of genetic diversity?
Energy problems?
Climate change?
Ocean acidification?

Let me know when the US, or any other country for that matter, gets around to solving some of those.

Because Syria, Iraq, Af-bloody-ghanistan, the Palestinians, Ukraine, Vietnam, Korea, Kosov.........they are not world problems other than for the fact that nuclear powers stick their noses in.

Without nuclear weapons......those are regional (if not local) problems which wouldnt have generated so much as a headline in 1925.

And even those regional/local problems....the US didnt do much to solve those either.

So Im sorry if it goes against your way of thinking but a world problem hasnt been "solved" since 1945 and the US didnt solve that on its own either.

p
Lets see
AIDS, probably spend more money on this than anyone else.
World hunger, See above.
Common cold, still working on it,
Cancer, See AIDS
Slavery, Took care of that.
Loss of genetic diversity, Not a problem. Yours being a small population you may need to keep track of this.
Energy Problems, Got all we need, if Obama will get out of the way.
Climate change, Can't control the earths cycles, so live with it or die from it.
Ocean acidification, working on it.

Just to get you up to speed on things, the USA has helped more people in time of need than any country on the face of the earth, that's an undeniable fact no matter how you try to twist it.

"So Im sorry if it goes against your way of thinking but a world problem hasnt been "solved" since 1945 and the US didnt solve that on its own either." and if we hadn't been bombed and stepped in your national language would be German. Remember it was just a regional problem!
Just another reminder neutrality is one word for, "easy to conquer".

P.S. I wrote "just another country waiting for the US to solve all the worlds problems", not while the USA was solving world problems.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:54 AM
Elefant

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Have we passed the Godwin's point ?
Oh yes, I think somebody wrote something about the nazis...
Old 03-26-2014, 06:09 AM
evarnad

Originally Posted by Elefant
Have we passed the Godwin's point ?
Oh yes, I think somebody wrote something about the nazis...
Your point?
Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Elefant

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My point : don't you, guys, have better things to do than fueling this thread ? (that had the only purpose, may I remind you, to let us know that Sev was ok.)
It was supposed to remain unpolitical...but it has turned into a pathetic bunch of trite remarks and false statements.

Go at your workbenches and build something.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:00 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually slavery still exists in many parts of the world, as for Iposters national language becoming German this is in fact is not true it would have still been Norwegian, the Russians allowed East European countries to keep their language, this whole who won WWII was covered very thoroughly a few months back.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
lposter

Originally Posted by evarnad
Lets see
AIDS, probably spend more money on this than anyone else.
World hunger, See above.
Common cold, still working on it,
Cancer, See AIDS
Slavery, Took care of that.
Loss of genetic diversity, Not a problem. Yours being a small population you may need to keep track of this.
Energy Problems, Got all we need, if Obama will get out of the way.
Climate change, Can't control the earths cycles, so live with it or die from it.
Ocean acidification, working on it.

Just to get you up to speed on things, the USA has helped more people in time of need than any country on the face of the earth, that's an undeniable fact no matter how you try to twist it.

"So Im sorry if it goes against your way of thinking but a world problem hasnt been "solved" since 1945 and the US didnt solve that on its own either." and if we hadn't been bombed and stepped in your national language would be German. Remember it was just a regional problem!
Just another reminder neutrality is one word for, "easy to conquer".

P.S. I wrote "just another country waiting for the US to solve all the worlds problems", not while the USA was solving world problems.
Your ignorance (arrogance?) is matched only by your lack of brains.

Not all slaves are black and throwing money at something does not equate to solving.

P
Old 03-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Cruiser133

Im different from you.

P
The height of your hypocrisy and conceit is your absurd notion daring to accuse me of hubris. I took a few moments to cite sources which counter your assertions and you reply with inept finger pointing and baseless accusations. I am saddened by your pathetic response really, I expected better of someone who fancies themselves as educated. You have no idea how I serve my country and you certainly are not in the position to question my patriotism. As a conservative, I can assure you I have questioned many aspects of my government especially over the last few years with the current occupant in the WH. I do not like the intrusion of drones, spy agencies and the overall erosion of our 4[SUP]th[/SUP] amendment for instance. I also don’t think we should be the world’s policeman. Projecting American power should only be used for legitimate American interests and security. I contend I agree with our foreign policy as it related to Iraq and Afghanistan in 2002. It was in our interest to remove Saddam, stabilize the region and kill terrorists in Afghanistan. You feel otherwise, good for you. It does not mean you are the sole proprietor of truth. Nowhere can you point to a place where I stated my country was infallible and I have been quite self-deprecating of my opinions. You should try it sometime. Ironically, I happen to agree with you on the current situation in the Crimea but I also feel if the elections are indeed the will of the people, then self-determination should be the overriding factor.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:30 AM
evarnad

Cruiser, You know how it is with Liberals, no solutions or ideas only name calling.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:39 AM
evarnad

Your ignorance (arrogance?) is matched only by your lack of brains.

Not all slaves are black and throwing money at something does not equate to solving.

P
If they aren't black then it must be another regional problem.
If not throwing money at it works, then you would had it fixed a long time ago.

No arrogance just fact.

Elefant, good advice, I think I'll go build something!!!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:49 AM
evarnad

Originally Posted by Elefant
My point : don't you, guys, have better things to do than fueling this thread ? (that had the only purpose, may I remind you, to let us know that Sev was ok.)
It was supposed to remain unpolitical...but it has turned into a pathetic bunch of trite remarks and false statements.

Go at your workbenches and build something.
Check post #40 that is where the thread was high jacked !!!!!
That's where the arrogance and ignorance started.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:50 AM
lposter

Originally Posted by evarnad
If they aren't black then it must be another regional problem.
If not throwing money at it works, then you would had it fixed a long time ago.

No arrogance just fact.

Elefant, good advice, I think I'll go build something!!!!!
You should probably give the workbench a test and waddle off back to school whrere you might learn something.

At least people like the Cruiser above try and string an argument together but you are just empty.

I knew the US fulfilled many of the criteria for being a failed state but even Mogadishu manages to pruduce somewhat educated citizens.

If you are what passes for American youth today - and Im deliberately being generous in my assumption of your growth stage - then the US has more to worry about than I thought.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:17 PM
evarnad

You should probably give the workbench a test and waddle off back to school whrere you might learn something.

At least people like the Cruiser above try and string an argument together but you are just empty.

I knew the US fulfilled many of the criteria for being a failed state but even Mogadishu manages to pruduce somewhat educated citizens.

If you are what passes for American youth today - and Im deliberately being generous in my assumption of your growth stage - then the US has more to worry about than I thought.
Typical liberal garbage, from someone without any experience in conflicts.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:33 PM
lposter

You know. . . . . .youre probably right.
I knew the tank section of rcuniverse was unmoderated, usa- centric and where political hearts were worn on sleeves.

Doesnt bother me much.

There are however other forums of quality with less politics and hopefully devoid of people as cretinous as you.

And thats where I think I'll head to.

Best of luck with what passes for the rest of your life.
Have a good one.
P
Old 03-26-2014, 12:39 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

GENTLEMEN: I'd like to point out something from page ONE of this thread, from the Original poster.

Originally Posted by sevoblast
My friends

I clearly stated that this thread was for my charming wife and I to thank you all for the large number of messages expressing concern for our safety and well being and that I desire no politics. Please, let's keep it that way. From midnight last PM until 06 this morning we have gotten another half dozen messages. Again, Ye'lean'chka and I deeply thank you for your support and concern. We are fine this morning, city is quiet as a mouse.

If any of you want a SitRep or want to express your views on the situation, feel free to PM me.

Again, please refrain from any political comments or conjecture. The few comments about the situation down here were meant to give you some small glimmer of information on the situation, nothing more and I did not want to draw out comments about the overall situation. From this moment forward those reports will stop. I will reply to some individual questions shortly by PM or email. We lost net last late evening and just got it back 20 mikes ago. We'll see how works today.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:25 PM
evarnad

Originally Posted by AMA 74894
GENTLEMEN: I'd like to point out something from page ONE of this thread, from the Original poster.
Yes, but then look at post #40.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:10 PM
reyemmanuel

Watts they beast we ore AC yeast we two mow dell they russ asian BTR-80 in bulb in vase tick owe veer in they bay seas in Krimea.?

Seriously, this thread has degenerated to unprecedented lows in the rc tank hobby. Mods please step in, as it makes notice of anything but progression in this hobby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.