Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Customizing Inside your Tank

Hi Guys

i always have a hard time trying to figure out which way to go with installing new boards, speakers, receivers and Batteries
    some of you make it look so easy they look Awesome inside
    here is what i have so far in my JagdPanther
    i would like to see some of yours and what makes you determine where things go hope to see some of your pics so post some of the insides of your tanks

oh and the most frustrating, arrangement of wiring is a pain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDR_2824.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	1974290
    Last edited by Airbrushler; 03-03-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    If I showed you how I wire my tanks, I'd have to kill you afterwards.

Actually, if you peeked under the hood of my stuff, you'd probably die of fright or laughter.

My first RC tank wasthe Tammy Tiger and it completely spoiled me. So much space for everything, including two batteries, inside that thing that ever build since has been a struggle. When I do concentrate and put things together all nice and tidy with about 20 zip ties, I invariably leave something out and have to redo it all.

The Tamiya Pz IV is the worst, barely any room in the hull and much of it has to be left empty for elevation. Believe it or not, the JS-2 is really tight too. The rotation motor just clears the MFU, so any errant wire keeps the hull from closing.

Bob has the best wire routing I've seen on Tamiyas and Dan's method with DBC/Benedini combo is outstanding.
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I've found everytime I do it properly and tidily route my wires something goes wrong and I have to remove everything. So now unless theres very little space I don't really bother, maybe one or two cables ties to stop things getting eaten by the gearboxes.
    Tamiya:leopard 2a6, king tiger, Porsche king tiger, panther g, jagdpanther. Hooben: elefant, t-55. HL panther f, Jagdpanther

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here is the inside of a T-34. Not a lot of room in these. Battery lies on the bottom under an electronics tray

Name:	Rc39853.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	1974376

Here is inside a Sherman

Name:	P1020096.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	1974377
    Last edited by YHR; 03-03-2014 at 07:11 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by ausf View Post
    If I showed you how I wire my tanks, I'd have to kill you afterwards.

Actually, if you peeked under the hood of my stuff, you'd probably die of fright or laughter.

My first RC tank wasthe Tammy Tiger and it completely spoiled me. So much space for everything, including two batteries, inside that thing that ever build since has been a struggle. When I do concentrate and put things together all nice and tidy with about 20 zip ties, I invariably leave something out and have to redo it all.

The Tamiya Pz IV is the worst, barely any room in the hull and much of it has to be left empty for elevation. Believe it or not, the JS-2 is really tight too. The rotation motor just clears the MFU, so any errant wire keeps the hull from closing.

Bob has the best wire routing I've seen on Tamiyas and Dan's method with DBC/Benedini combo is outstanding.

LOL Ausf ...thanks guys YHR looks good i'm the same as Tomhugill i sometimes think i have everything done then find something that i have to redo everything and start over again