Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Need El Mod Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:48 AM
texchap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need El Mod Help

I have the older El Mod system in an HE Abrams. I need to do some reprogramming on it. I need access to the old handheld el mod programming box. I need to adjust the recoil speed on one of my tanks. Phil Pflueger let be borrow his and I returned it to him a couple of months before he died. I'm curious if anyone has one out there somewhere. I will pay for shipping both ways. I only need it for the quick adjust. I know elmod sells an adapter for the older boards =, but it involves some soldering work on the board itself and it is pricy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the exact set up that Phil did for me and I have trouble with mine also. i could just never figure this bugger out and I spent alot of time building this tank. I'm just gonna go with a TK22 for The Abrams when they come out. Shame, that el mod set up cost me a pretty penny.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:03 PM
texchap

I plan on the dbrc3 and Benedini for the HL M1a2. As for this M1a1 I need to speed up the recoil and without the programmer o I'm out of luck. I can't believe there are none out there anymore.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 AM
dash69

I have an SLU that is buggy and complicated. I want something different too. Sorry for the change in subject.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:28 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why other than when I am using Tamiya electronics I'm going with the Clarke boards. I also really like the DBC3 i have from Dan with a Benedinni sound card on it too.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 AM
texchap

My frustration is that el mod left an entire generation of tankers behind when they went to the pure pc configurator. I asked them if the box was still available and they don't have them anymore. They did offer to let me send the board back to Germany and for 25.00 plus shipping they would do the conversion to a card that would accept he pc configurator. Since it seems like Phil had the only one in the US tis may be my only option, either that or have someone familiar with the cards do the soldering on of the wires necessary for the conversion. I love the options available on the elmod such as brake lights, songs etc. However the complication of the system causes me concern. Frankly it bothers me that I have 2 other elmod tanks and as long as they work fine, when they don't oh well.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:11 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Benedini can control lights and servos as well, and I know you have a few of those.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:34 PM
texchap

Yes I do, and will probably have at least one or more additional sets before all is said and done. (Like for the M1A2)

Last edited by texchap; 03-16-2014 at 03:45 PM.