Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Track pads for HL tank tracks in the works.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Track pads for HL tank tracks in the works.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 01:23 PM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Track pads for HL tank tracks in the works.....

Don't want everyone to get too excited as I am still in the early stages, but I'm in works with an overseas supplier to produce my own line of "peel-n-stick" track pads for the HL modern series tanks (ZTZ/Leopard/M1/Challanger/etc.). As the HL's will all run the same track this might be a MUCH more affordable option as opposed to the Tamiya plastic tracks or the ridiculously heavy metal & rubber tracks that are available. I will be getting some prototypes in the next week or two as we are trying different materials,thicknesses and adhesive backings to find what will work best. Not sure about anyone else but I can't afford to have multiple tanks with hundreds of dollars(or more) poured into each one....And after doing battle on my M41 with hand-cut custom rubber pads(what a nightmare lol), its safe to say I got a little skin in the game....I'll be keeping you all posted!

p.s. and YES we will be looking at an M41 pad if there's enough interest...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1985816  

Last edited by DirtyBird69; 04-10-2014 at 01:28 PM.