Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Clark tk KV test drive. Not so smooth ( video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark tk KV test drive. Not so smooth ( video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 PM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Sugo, what do you mean by fully motors ?

I ordered a set of tamiya Stock tracks last night on ebay. Lets se if that can adjust some of the problem. Metal tracks will be added later when s... is sorted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10150741_10151943164471582_6154388906699651341_n.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1987159  
Old 04-15-2014, 04:22 AM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Gabby,
What size shims and flanged bearings did you use on the gearboxes(I'd like to do the same thing)?

Originally Posted by gabbyb3
Had the same issue with my stugg... Found my drive sprockets had excessive run out both side to side and up and down
This would cause my tracks to bind on the teeth creating the same issue.. A few hundreths off and i had major issues. Replaced the drives.
Replaced bushings with bearings( used dynamite red sealed flanged) shimned gears( using team losi suspension shims and ofna clutch bell shim kits. And re adjusted my pinion to spur clearance. I also instalked bearings on output shafts( flanged secured with shoo goo.
Hope it helps!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:20 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gabby

A nice tutorial on what you did with the gears would be welcome here I would think. Gear slop and noisy gears are an issue for everyone using stock stuff. I have only had one set of HL gears that were whisper quiet, The rest needed work,
Old 04-15-2014, 07:48 PM
gabbyb3

Ok, the shim kits are a combo of team losi racing susension shim kit, team losi racing clutch shim kit, traxxas shim kit and an ofna clutch bell shim kit. The bearings im working on to mic out( i have way too many to know what i have, i just keep going until they fit)from 20 yrs of racing at a sponsered level. I found when i shimmed the output shaft, lots of my drive sprocket "wonder"( left right sort of wobble) went away, but we need some side to side play, im running about .02 on the side to side play measured with a feeler guage.anything less it binds up. I installed the flanged ends towards the gears and shimed them to the same tolerance.my amp draw went down from about 8 amps at full speed to about 5.8 amps (measured with a clamping fluke meter) i also use com drops on my motors and bushing oil on the bushings( i make my own marvle mystery oil and some ztec oil additives). I get about an extra 1200 rpms out of these timy motors, my effiicentcy goes up by about 7%. Im working on a fan cooling system now becouse after 12 min of running, my amp draw is going up, i modified some old electric motor heat sinks ill be fitting this weekend along with a brushless fan..
Old 04-15-2014, 10:36 PM
taksinsugo

Originally Posted by sollie
Sugo, what do you mean by fully motors ?

I ordered a set of tamiya Stock tracks last night on ebay. Lets se if that can adjust some of the problem. Metal tracks will be added later when s... is sorted.
This here i use track and sprocket.

http://www.rctank.de/KV-1-High-quali...r-HL-or-Tamiya

http://www.rctank.de/KV-1-Metal-Sprocket-Idler-Wheels
Old 04-16-2014, 07:38 AM
sollie

Sugo, thanks, I have the metal lower hull from Domeniq/rctank.de. I assume it is the same sprocket's that come With the lower hull as is the part you link to, so those tracks would go on nicely. I will get them later :-) Stock Tamiya will do for now.

but what do you mean when writing : and I used fully motor in to my tank ?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2632 (Medium).JPG
Views:	29
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1987445   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2635 (Medium).JPG
Views:	24
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	1987446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2638 (Medium).JPG
Views:	31
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	1987447  

Last edited by sollie; 04-16-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 PM
sollie

Tamiya tracks showed up last night. great fit. Gearbox sounds like a zombie , but it runs heaps better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3oXwnLUG9A