Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

metal track come alongs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 04:35 PM
tcronin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default metal track come alongs.

i managed to break the track apart but trying to reconnection i can't get the track close enough to slide a the pin in.

are there come alongs like you use one actual tank tracks available or whats the best way to reconnect?
Old 05-18-2014, 05:07 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's easier to connect the links over the drive sprocket, it helps align them. If you put the suspension under weight, you'll get more room since there will be less tension. If you have adjusters installed, loosen them.

You may have too much tension on the tracks, they should have enough play to easily remove and install pins.

If you have a spare pin, you can install it in the end of a dowel (I use a small screwdriver handle) to make a pin pushing tool.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I remove the drive sprocket screw, then pull off the sprocket while rolling the track off. That way, you never have to take a track apart.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:00 AM
Green Amphibian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do it the same way as Jeff. It is much easier and you don't have to fight with the track pins.

Herman