Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Need help Tamiya Tiger 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Merlin88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help Tamiya Tiger 1

Ok guys, finally got the tank I wanted. Last year I purchased sealed metal bearing from avid 4x7x2.5mm. I also purchased the support bearing for the idler wheel suspension arms and if I understand right, to do both jobs right you need either a lathe and/or a drill press. I have neither, but I have a friend who is a machinist who will do the work for me. I need very detailed instructions on how to do both of these jobs. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Work on the kit can not start until after this is done. Thanks for the help.

Tim S
Old 05-19-2014, 02:58 PM
DaveBcool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already with the questions? Geesh.
Just Kidding.
Congrats on the kit, you'll have to bring it back and battle it in June or September.
I stole this from Mitosal.com web site.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wpb0bebce6_05_06.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	1996657  
Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Merlin,
Here is the solution I used to drill out the wheels for the wheel bearings on my Tiger 1 build without a drill press. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...me-coming.html look about one third down the page and you will see the brass tubing on the drill bit that limits the depth of the hole.

Steve