Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

First look at the upcoming tank film "Fury"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

First look at the upcoming tank film "Fury"

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was ok. Not what I was expecting.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:48 PM
danlrc

Some tough critics...
I'm not that familiar with tank stuff, but I thought the move was very good.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:55 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rotten Tomatoes' critics score is very good.

I'll be going tonight.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

The day I feel I am fully recovered from my surgery (it's been 9 days now) I am going to see it!

Pretty much thought I could see it openeing day but I guess I was off just a few but cannot wait. It would have been better for me if they hadn't used Pitt but I'm sure it will get going after the first few shells land!

Jeff
Old 10-17-2014, 03:56 PM
FreakyDude

I have seen it and the best parts were -------------- go see it yourself and have fun
Old 10-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Love To build
I'm curious, what were u expecting?

jerry
Old 10-17-2014, 07:41 PM
YHR

It is a WWII tank movie. I think for this crowd, it will fit the bill. Generally I liked it, and Shia did good. Can't see any of us coming out of the theatre disappointed by what was served up. There are some shock value moments for sure.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

From the trailers, more battle scenes with more then a few tanks. and prior battles for the crew that were mentioned in the film. rather then saying it, show them. I don't want to go to far into it till everyone has seen it. I thought it was ok. Would I go back to see it again? No. I will by it for my war movie DVD collection.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:54 PM
az3d
My Feedback: (59)

I saw it. I give it two thumbs up. Not for the faint hearted.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:43 AM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw it tonight. Boring- killing, and more killings, while waiting to see who in the small element gets killed first. Then more killings while waiting to see when and how Brad's character will get killed. I was bored after 30 minutes. Let's torture the audience with scenes of violent killings, of dead bodies, and the killing of Innocent women. Story line?....can't remember. Plot?.......can't remember. BORING. But boy oh boy do they love their tank.

Kurt
Old 10-18-2014, 03:43 AM
steph69

sorry guys ....... but not another film about americans in ww2,

hows about a film with another countrys heros instead of the same old tired American storyline, and brad pitt come on...
Old 10-18-2014, 05:25 AM
ausf

Originally Posted by steph69
sorry guys ....... but not another film about americans in ww2,

hows about a film with another countrys heros instead of the same old tired American storyline, and brad pitt come on...
This is a ridiculous statement. It's not up to US production companies to make films about other countries, besides the fact that there are an amazing amount of excellent non-US war films produced by all the combatants in their language. Plus, the BBC produces some of the best stuff TV I've ever seen, write a letter to them if you feel you are short-changed.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:31 AM
ausf

[QUOTE=Bozarth;11901451Boring- killing, and more killings, while waiting to see who in the small element gets killed first./QUOTE]

That's pretty much the definition of war, isn't it?

Das Boot is a pretty slow 6 hrs, yet it stands up as one of the best war films made.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:50 AM
strmnd54

Originally Posted by Bozarth
Saw it tonight. Boring- killing, and more killings, while waiting to see who in the small element gets killed first. Then more killings while waiting to see when and how Brad's character will get killed. I was bored after 30 minutes. Let's torture the audience with scenes of violent killings, of dead bodies, and the killing of Innocent women. Story line?....can't remember. Plot?.......can't remember. BORING. But boy oh boy do they love their tank.

Kurt

I think you're posting on the wrong forum...Try this one:http://www.bedtimebear.com/forums/
Old 10-18-2014, 05:54 AM
DirtyBird69

HERE HERE!

[QUOTE=ausf;11901507]
Originally Posted by Bozarth;11901451Boring- killing, and more killings, while waiting to see who in the small element gets killed first./QUOTE

That's pretty much the definition of war, isn't it?

Das Boot is a pretty slow 6 hrs, yet it stands up as one of the best war films made.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:32 AM
YHR

Kurt
Was this a great story......no. Was it a good tank movie........yes.

War is pretty ugly. A lot of innocent people get killed. Many actions in the war had no elaborate story line. Fight your way to here and hold it End of plot. They made a movie of this and yes it was brutal. So was WWII.

Not sure what people go to a movie like this are thinking what they are going to see. My wife hated it, but I expected her to. She like Harry Potter though,

Last edited by YHR; 10-18-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:32 AM
FreakyDude

Kurt
well considering it is a WWII movie about a machine and her crew that were made for killing what did you expect?

I for one think the realism in this movie is something to be respected. This for the most part is what tankers went through. There are very few men left that can explain the hours of boredom followed by 3 minutes of sheer terror, friendship and brotherhood gained in that tin can.
Fury captured that
I feel sorry for anyone that can't see this movie, grasp the plot line and not walk away with a better understanding of what war really is.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:47 AM
az3d
My Feedback: (59)

Originally Posted by FreakyDude
well considering it is a WWII movie about a machine and her crew that were made for killing what did you expect?

I for one think the realism in this movie is something to be respected. This for the most part is what tankers went through. There are very few men left that can explain the hours of boredom followed by 3 minutes of sheer terror, friendship and brotherhood gained in that tin can.
Fury captured that
I feel sorry for anyone that can't see this movie, grasp the plot line and not walk away with a better understanding of what war really is.
I agree. That's what I took away from it. I saw a war footage reel on netflix from WWII. It was P51s strafing military boats as well as civilian fishing boats. The moderator said there was no difference between the two. I could not believe what I was watching. So different from what we see today. That was a all out war of survival and I am sure a lot of good people did bad things to win and not be taken over by pure evil. God help us I am sure WWIII would be the same.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:41 AM
ausf

Personally, I'll watch Malick's 'The Thin Red Line' (which is insanely slow) a hundred times before I'd watch Bay's 'Pearl Harbor' (camera never sits still, does it?) all the way through.

In terms of Band of Brothers and the Pacific, you can't compare what they could do with 12 hours of screen time to a 2 hour movie. If you broke SPR, which was cliche upon cliche, down into plot points, especially the released German coming back to kill Hanks in the depth of that battle is kinda out there. I doubt after watching your medic bleed out, anyone would let the gunner who shot him live, let alone release him. That's the Hollywood everyone cries out against, transplant a T-Rex for the P-51 at the end and it's Jurassic Park, yet again, SPG is considered a great war movie.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:11 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Better than expected. Loved seeing The Tank Museum Bovington Armor in a well done film that uses high production values and excellent cinematography. Closed my eyes and slept though the dialogue though I appreciate the Allied WWII ETO Tankers sacrifice and service for a good cause.

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 10-18-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:25 AM
YHR

My Uncle was a tanker In the Canadian Armored Division and fought through Italy. My Dad was RAF. My Dad would talk about the war because I believe being in the Airforce he was witness to a more "noble" combat. Killing from afar. My uncle never said a word and took it all to the grave with him. I think this movie captures the horrors. There were no knights in shining armor.

And if you think things like this never happened for real. He is a story of a Canadian war hero.

In Holland on the night of 25[SUP]th[/SUP]-26[SUP]th[/SUP] February 1945, the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Battalion, The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada launched an attack on the hamlet of Mooshof, to capture ground which was considered essential for the development of future operations.
Sergeant Cosens’ platoon, with two tanks in support, attacked enemy strong points in three farm buildings, but were twice beaten back by fanatical enemy resistance and then fiercely counter-attacked, during which time the platoon suffered heavy casualties and the platoon commander was killed.
Sergeant Cosens at once assumed command of the only other four survivors of his platoon, whom he placed in a position to give him covering fire, while he himself ran across open ground under heavy mortar and shell fire to the one remaining tank, where, regardless of the danger, he took up an exposed place in front of the turret and directed his fire.
After a further enemy counter-attack had been repulsed, Sergeant Cosens ordered the tank to attack the farm buildings, while the four survivors of his platoon followed in close support. After the tank had rammed the first building he entered it alone, killing several of the defenders and taking the rest prisoner.
Single-handed he then entered the second and third buildings, and personally killed or captured all the occupants, although under intense machine-gun and small arms fire.
Just after the successful reduction of these important enemy strong points, Sergeant Cosens was shot through the head by an enemy sniper and died almost instantly.
The outstanding gallantry, initiative and determined leadership of this brave N.C.O., who himself killed at least 20 of the enemy and took an equal number of prisoners, resulted in the capture of a position which was vital to the success of the future operations of the Brigade.

http://canadianwarheroes.com/citatio...aubrey-cosens/

So some extraordinary things were done that are beyond belief, but they happened. As far as this being an American story....................... why not. They entered the European conflict, put resource and men into the fight, and helped win the war. I never heard a story of Churchill complaining about it.

There are some other great stories to tell. This story of Sargeant Cosens could easily be made into movie. If Canada had a population of 300 million it would probably get done.

Last edited by YHR; 10-18-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Quikturn
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just saw the movie. I thought it was good. I gives you a perspective of being a tanker and how vulnerable they are. Never realized the Sherman's were outmatched by the German Tigers & Panzers. You don't need a deep plot to convey that message.

I liked Saving Private Ryan as well. The first 30 minutes or so were intense. It made you realize that getting past that beach was a matter of luck.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:51 PM
BludoTheSmelly

It's great, highly recommend it.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Love To build
+1 on it was just OK ! Was expecting more of a story line .

But if you like shoot em up movies, which I do, then this might be the movie for you.

One thing that it seems to portray is the true bloody picture of war.

If Patton was still alive, he might approve of it and handed out some medals.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:28 PM
texchap

Intense. Showed the gritty side of warfare as a whole and tank warfare specifically.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.