Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

First look at the upcoming tank film "Fury"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

First look at the upcoming tank film "Fury"

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:27 PM
MODELMAN2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Think the apartment scene was very meaningful. Its not about the apartment scene its what happen afterward to the apartment but you would not know this unless you saw the movie .. Very tragic but if you didnt the movie you really can can comment on the scene. See it youll understand
Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 PM
texchap

Originally Posted by MODELMAN2
I Think the apartment scene was very meaningful. Its not about the apartment scene its what happen afterward to the apartment but you would not know this unless you saw the movie .. Very tragic but if you didnt the movie you really can can comment on the scene. See it youll understand
Agreed. It was someones wake up call.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:32 AM
Cold Comfort
My Feedback: (1)

I seen the movie last night with another form member on here and we thought it was a good movie considering it was a Hollywood movie and not a documentary. I would have like to see more tank battles , but this wasn't history channels Greatest tank battles, so I think the scene in the apartment was to show Norman that his tank commander wasn't just a murdering idiot, but he too had a sense of decency, and you could be a good man and still kill when that's what was needed. The rest of the tank crews respect came from the fact that he had kept them alive so far the dinning room table showed how thin that respect was, like earlier in the movie where the commander hit on his crew man doing repairs , because as he said that was all he knew how to respond to like a dog. With Norman he had to get his respect so that he would do his job unquestionably like the others so they would survive, but his respect had to come from a different connection than the others.
I will be buying it when it comes out on blue-ray.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:08 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Ditto Cold Comfort, war will not allow the feelings and emotions we take for granted living in a safe and peaceful world. Harsh but true. It becomes a job to keep, the ones you have to live with and fight with, alive. I liked the film and will get it when it comes out on disk.

Last edited by MAUS45; 10-22-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I can't wait to see it but may have to 'till it's out on disc.

Jeff
Old 10-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent film, the sound mixing and correct weapon effects are worth it alone. You don't get that feeling at home (well, most people's homes.. :P )

I guess it takes a real history buff or just a guy like me that plays a lot of WW2 simulation games to know what an MG42 and 88 sound like.

Go see this movie :P
Old 11-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Yambuster

I saw the movie today and was not disappointed. Would have liked to see the inside of the Tiger with the Tiger crew interacting instead of reading the subtitles.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:39 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yambuster
I saw the movie today and was not disappointed. Would have liked to see the inside of the Tiger with the Tiger crew interacting instead of reading the subtitles.
Agreed, but impossible. The Sherman interiors weren't in an actual Sherman, but a set with removeable sections to accommodate camera and lighting.

Personally, I think the apartment seen was the best narrative of the entire movie. More tension there than fighting the Tiger.

Overall, I would have preferred a bit more character development and maybe cut the final battle shorter. Scenes like the three of them on the turret just laughing over a joke we don't know goes a long way to show that these guys have been together for a long time, just wish they added more bits like that.

The first battle was fantastic and the opening scene with the Pz IV and Panther hulks had my attention, but the remainder fell off from them a bit in my opinion.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and will definitely buy the DVD when released.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Augustus1967

Hey Fellow Tankers,

Looks like Fury will be hitting its DVD/BlueRay release Tomorrow..?
Supposed to have 50+ Minutes of Additional Footage that was left on the Cutting Room Floor...

I'll be adding a copy to my Tank Library...

Regards,

-gus
Old 01-26-2015, 07:52 PM
ausf

I preordered it a while back and it's already on the truck. Don't know if the Blizzard will make a difference, but it's supposed to be here tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ausf
I preordered it a while back and it's already on the truck. Don't know if the Blizzard will make a difference, but it's supposed to be here tomorrow.
With you brother, I pre-ordered mine back in December...
Old 01-27-2015, 05:52 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I went to Walmart early this morning and went in the back to the big Fury box a lady was setting up and grabbed a blu-ray copy. I started to head out but slowed down to glance over at the other new movie DVDs and saw a Fury DOUBLE PACK over there! Sticker on the front sez 'Walmart Exclusive 2-Pack'.

It has both 'Fury' AND 'Company of Heroes' (blu-ray too) for $24.96. I didn't notice but I think that's about what the SINGLE blu-ray copy of Fury cost by itself.

So if you go to get your Fury copy at Walmart look over at the new releases section and maybe get this 2-Pack.

Mike in Kentucky

Last edited by Old MSgt; 01-27-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:36 AM
ausf

That's a good deal. My preorder was $17 shipped for the DVD. Just got an email that the storm delayed it until tomorrow, but I can't blame UPS, they just reopened the NYS Thruway this morning.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

JUST finished watching it again. I still feel that 'character development' would have helped a LOT but it was pretty good.

I watched all the extras and a couple of the deleted scenes SHOULD have been kept in but definitely not many of them. The director extras and the tank driving extras were pretty good. Still not enough videos of the borrowed Tiger and it was interesting about how they 'built' a mockup of the Tiger but I guess if they're going to set A Tiger on FIRE, Bovington would have been happier with a 'Stand In' Tiger.

Mike
Old 01-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Lord Haw-Haw

It's on netflix.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:56 PM
ausf

Originally Posted by Lord Haw-Haw
It's on netflix.
What?

It's not on my Netflix.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Lord Haw-Haw

Originally Posted by ausf
What?

It's not on my Netflix.
whoops "on" should have said disc, "on" sounded like streaming, sorry. In my queue with "no" expected availability date, meaning it's there!!
http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Fury/70305907?trkid=226871
Old 01-27-2015, 04:17 PM
ausf

Gotcha.

I would've been returning the DVD if it was.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

It's at Red Box, as well.