Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

First look at the upcoming tank film "Fury"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

First look at the upcoming tank film "Fury"

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First look at the upcoming tank film "Fury"

This was shown at the World of Tanks panel at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) this year. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahFWvk1NgfY
Old 06-11-2014, 04:08 PM
thecommander

Can't Wait....
Old 06-11-2014, 04:20 PM
TheBennyB

Was excited till I saw Shia LaBeef is in it.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:10 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Was excited till I saw Shia LaBeef is in it.
LOL I feel the same
Old 06-11-2014, 06:00 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Rumor mill says Shia actually pulled it together for this film. In other words, his actions didn't distract from the rest of the production. The crew is a pretty good ensemble with Walking dead- Shooter- World War Z alumn along for the ride. Hell, the kid was in the Patriot!

Last edited by edoubleaz; 06-11-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:47 PM
thecommander

Let just hope that it gets Dads & kids interested in World History, WW II, patriotism, US military and RC tanking. PLEASE!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FURY movie 2.jpg
Views:	3649
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	2004110   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURY movie 3.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	2004111   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURY movie 4.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	2004112   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURY movie 5.jpg
Views:	1812
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	2004113   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURY movie 6.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	2004114   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURY movie 7.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	2004115   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURY movie 8.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	2004116   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURY movie.jpg
Views:	1161
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	2004117  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fury-promotional-still.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2004118  

Last edited by thecommander; 06-11-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Captain Nemo12

Keep in mind that the Bovington Tiger was also used in the production! I really hope that they give the Tiger 131 a lot of screen time.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:57 PM
kenneth74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks tight and polished... caught glimpse of a Sherman turret ejecting after taking a hit...
Old 06-12-2014, 03:01 AM
welchgc

looks pretty good. just please no love story....
Old 06-12-2014, 08:16 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Another "Band of Brothers".
Old 06-12-2014, 09:49 AM
DeadTom

Very cool, I have several hopes.
1) They use real period looking tanks for the whole movie.....no dressed up M60s to look like a German tank.
2) That they do NOT make this into a love story and give everyone a Michael Wittman Tiger tank; they did that to the movie "Flyboys" where everyone in the German air force had a red Fokker DR1.
Sorry for mixing two wars and different machines but the point had to be made clear that sometimes "artistic license", at times over done, will detract greatly from the movie when presented as fact.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:46 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadTom
Very cool, I have several hopes.
1) They use real period looking tanks for the whole movie.....no dressed up M60s to look like a German tank.
2) That they do NOT make this into a love story and give everyone a Michael Wittman Tiger tank; they did that to the movie "Flyboys" where everyone in the German air force had a red Fokker DR1.
Sorry for mixing two wars and different machines but the point had to be made clear that sometimes "artistic license", at times over done, will detract greatly from the movie when presented as fact.
Deadtom, I can see you didn’t bother to read the posts above and also are not very clued up on this film, try reading the post from Captain Nemo, as for the film unfortunately it will be the usual Hollywood reinvention of history far removed from actual events.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:02 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rivetcounter
as for the film unfortunately it will be the usual Hollywood reinvention of history far removed from actual events.
Unless you've somehow seen this already, I wonder why you condemn things out of hand.

You can't get more 'Hollywood royalty' than Spielberg and Hanks and it seems they did a pretty good job on Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Besides the Tiger and StuG, they pretty much nailed the equipment used down to the different jump harness buckles used from D-Day to Market Garden.

This film went as far as get a real Tiger, I would assume they're not pissing it away. Yeah, there have been some train wrecks of a film released, but that doesn't mean every one is. It's like anything else, do the research. As long as it doesn't have Bay or Bruckheimer in the credits, it has a fighting chance.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:56 PM
DeadTom

Why yes I did see the above comments, that is what lead to my comment regarding the Wittman tank (if you can just replace the Bovington Tiger with my Wittman Tiger comment.....)
I always have high hopes that the movie producers will acutally incorporate real battles and equipment into their movies without the imbellished BS that they think they need to sell the story.
And since they have the one and only Tiger in the movie I was elluding to the point that "I hope they do not have all the German forces armed with the Bovington Tiger"............lol
not condenming just wishfull thinking on my part; my father used to say put your wishes in one hand and sh$t in the other and see which hand fills up first.......never really knew what he was trying to impress upon me.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:34 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

As much as I hope that it will be a feast of tanks, I would think that they are very much in a supporting role to the stars like Pitt and Labeouf who would get the bulk of screentime. For BoB, given the considerable amount of effort that had gone into obtaining and/or customizing tracked vehicles to resemble armored vehicles appropriate for the operation (British tanks, American tanks, and German), their appearances were fleeting, or used as a frame for the subject of the story - the men. I would not expect it to be any different for Fury. This is after all not a documentary or a autobiographical epic.

For starters, I would like to see how Hollywood addresses the Sherman's nominal 120mile range - if they drive for days and days without mentioning scavenging for fuel or looking for a fuelling depot, then I think its pretty much set up for the general viewing audience and not the military enthusiasts.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I think this movie will be about the MEN that crewed the MACHINES of war. The tanks, machine guns, trucks, guns, are just tools that are used. It's the stories of the warriors who were given the missions to do, even though they were 'burned out' and just wanted the war to be over and get to go home.

Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, are all most recent films of WWII. And these films show human side with the stories, emotions, grief, lousy conditions, and living minute to minute in fear of the constant threat of their own death those veterans had to deal with on a daily basis. Real or fiction, it's the humans who sacrifice their humanity in all wars.

Although I'm REALLY looking forward to watching the war machines being used (because I LOVE tanks!), this movie is the story of the BRAVE MEN (on BOTH sides) who FOUGHT the war.

Let's not nit-pik this film until we all see it in November. I think it will spark interest in the TANK crew side of the war (which has mostly been portrayed in previous films from the Infantry view.) Now THIS will bring attention to the ARMOR branch.

Mike in Kentucky

ANNND: I HOPE the only running Tiger today gets more of a roll than just a few seconds on film of just sitting still and firing a (CG added) main gun shot or two! Hope it has more film time especially if it shows some German crew action.

Last edited by Old MSgt; 06-12-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:58 PM
thecommander

Originally Posted by flycatch
Another "Band of Brothers".
Do you mean this positively or negatively...I just have to ask? Clarify please!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:06 PM
thecommander

Originally Posted by ausf
Unless you've somehow seen this already, I wonder why you condemn things out of hand.

You can't get more 'Hollywood royalty' than Spielberg and Hanks and it seems they did a pretty good job on Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Besides the Tiger and StuG, they pretty much nailed the equipment used down to the different jump harness buckles used from D-Day to Market Garden.

This film went as far as get a real Tiger, I would assume they're not pissing it away. Yeah, there have been some train wrecks of a film released, but that doesn't mean every one is. It's like anything else, do the research. As long as it doesn't have Bay or Bruckheimer in the credits, it has a fighting chance.
Compared to their predecessors.... Kelly Heroes, Battle of the Bulge, etc. I find Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan to be very good attempts at producing authentically realistic war films. When I attended Dick Winters memorial service in Hershey Tom Hanks flew east to pay his respects to the Winters Family and Babe & Bill too. What film can you name where a real Tiger was used? I am very excited to see a HD film staring these machines....no matter who the actors are. I do like Pitts work as well.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Onondaga

The Russian Film "White Tiger" was very good production wise. Many different types of hardware could be seen and the sound effects were great. The Tiger is a bit off but still a good show.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:16 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thecommander
Do you mean this positively or negatively...I just have to ask? Clarify please!
Read the book and you decide.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:46 AM
thecommander

Originally Posted by flycatch
Read the book and you decide.
I have read my autographed copy...twice. However, you are comparing apples to oranges. I don't recall seeing a Fury book to compare to the movie. I just hope they do these machines justice. I will reserve my judgment until I see the final product.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I'm very impressed with what they've released so far.

And Band of Brothers was a whole new level of awesome compared to even Private Ryan, which in it's own right was an excellent film, just a tad too Hollywood flag waving for my Canuck tastes
Old 06-15-2014, 06:07 PM
kenneth74

Originally Posted by Onondaga
The Russian Film "White Tiger" was very good production wise. Many different types of hardware could be seen and the sound effects were great. The Tiger is a bit off but still a good show.
And also the "special" tiger killer so they called in the firm was just a standard T34/85... they shld have used a JS85 or JS2 to make it more acceptable.... nice one on the PIV though... with schurzen even
Old 06-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Martellus

I have heard they were going to use a repro tiger but it wasn't finished in time

there is a very nice one out there, whether or not its true I don't know
Old 06-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Captain Nemo12

I believe this is the reproduction Tiger that was originally meant to be used in the "White Tiger" movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlv6iuLT6-s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.