Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New guy introduction

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Baliw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy introduction

Hi all,

Decided to register and introduce myself. Name's Gene I've been a very long time onlooker on the RC hobby and have recently taken the plunge into RC tanks. I'm eagerly awaiting my Taigen Panzer IV and Panther G to come in from the mail. It's a hefty investment for me but if I can get my son and I into it I think it'd be a rewarding experience.

It's actually a somewhat sad time to get into the hobby where I'm at as I've learned recently that we're losing our local museum here for tanks (the Littlefield collection just concluded its auction) and I don't think our two RC Tank clubs have been active of late. Of course, it's also getting scarcer to have local shops around; I've seen shops close down all around me.

In any case, I hope to come here and soak in everyone's experiences and learn from them, as well as ask questions when I finally get my own tanks in!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats on the new tanks! I am the customer and media relations rep as well as the tech for Taigen so if you have a question or a problem feel free to ask! Also there are a few active battle groups here, try making a new thread with your location and that you want to join a group and I think responses will fly fast
Old 07-18-2014, 01:03 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the hobby Gene!

Getting your son into it is a great way to keep the interest up, but beware, he'll probably be driving circles around you. I let my boys have a run with mine and have been playing catch up ever since. At the last battle day, my youngest told one of his team members he didn't care if he won as long as he knocked his Dad out first. That's my boy...

Looking forward to photos when your tanks arrive and ask any questions you can think of. These guys are pretty easy going, no question is too simple or too often repeated. Don't worry searching first, info in this hobby is growing fast, answers are always changing when new things come along.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Gene! Where in the Bay Area are you? I'm in Pleasant Hill.
have a taigen Tiger and just got a second hand tamiya. It's fun stuff!!!
great people on the board. Imex-Erik is awesome and a great wealth of knowledge.
Perhaps we will meet up if the local groups ever get going. Cheers Mark
Old 07-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to you both. Glad you are with us.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Red face

Welcome Gene! Feel free to post or PM any questions!

I'm sure you will enjoy your first tanks as they most likely will not be the last.

Jeff
Old 07-18-2014, 05:07 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to this aspect of the RC hobby. Tanks are an awesome source of history and power and are a great RC subject.

If you dive into the history side of this, it can be a very long time rewarding hobby.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the hobby i'm sure you will enjoy your new Taigen Tanks you will have to post some pics when you get them
Old 07-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

Welcome Gene. Lots of information here and a great bunch of people.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Baliw

Thanks for all the welcome!

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Congrats on the new tanks! I am the customer and media relations rep as well as the tech for Taigen so if you have a question or a problem feel free to ask! Also there are a few active battle groups here, try making a new thread with your location and that you want to join a group and I think responses will fly fast
Yep I actually traded a few FB messages with you. Definitely looking to this forum as a resource.

Originally Posted by ausf
Welcome to the hobby Gene!

Getting your son into it is a great way to keep the interest up, but beware, he'll probably be driving circles around you. I let my boys have a run with mine and have been playing catch up ever since. At the last battle day, my youngest told one of his team members he didn't care if he won as long as he knocked his Dad out first. That's my boy...
Yeah I'm hitting those milestone kinds of things. He's done well in World of Tanks and our customized rules with Flame of War miniatures, I'm sure he'll pick up RC tanks just as fast.

Originally Posted by YHR
Welcome to this aspect of the RC hobby. Tanks are an awesome source of history and power and are a great RC subject.

If you dive into the history side of this, it can be a very long time rewarding hobby.
I'm getting into it a bit now, as I've always been a history guy; nothing builds anticipation for your first tanks though than watching History Channel's Greatest Tank Battles...

Originally Posted by Airbrushler
Welcome to the hobby i'm sure you will enjoy your new Taigen Tanks you will have to post some pics when you get them
Will definitely do!
Old 07-19-2014, 04:06 AM
Green Amphibian

Welcome to our brand of insanity! I hope you and your son get together with a club to do battles. This is an enjoyable hobby that enables you to be involved at whatever level you want, and still have fun and be competitive in the battles. Your tanks can be stock or custom built as you see fit and time and money allow. Remember, your here to have fun!

Herman
Old 07-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Welcome aboard. I share this hobby with my son too. It's a great way to spend time with him.

When your tanks break down, and they all do if you run them enough, just ask and we can guide you through fixing them.