Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where do you buy your HL?

Hi all,

Actually this is probably more of a do we have a listing of recommended vendors somewhere here? There's a vendor recommend and blacklist at RC Tank Warfare forums but they tend to skew on the European side. There's a sticky thread here I know but it's threadbare (sorry for the pun).

Anyway, where do you all buy your Heng Longs? I have what's looking to be a long project and I wanted input on where you guys get your HL tanks and parts.

I know of Matomart but it's in Canada and shipping is additional cost. It's definitely first on my list but I wanted to know if there are other options. I have seen these:
    • Mideatech (eBay storefront)
    • TPA Store (Amazon storefront)
    • Hobby King

Midea and TPA are promising (to me anyway) because they are in CA and have good ratings. Hobby King am not too sure of but they seem to be advertising here? They have things like a $50 HL PzIII; I mean if not for owning the tank itself that seems like a deal for parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey, Baliw, First, go back to the first page of this forum (where they list all the threads) and the third thread down is a whole list of manufacturers and dealers. In CA I'd look at Xenonproject.com for low priced tanks, and I know they have good customer service. I got my very first tank there and they seem to have good prices. As for parts, there aren't too many dealers in the states, but Imex has a fair selection and the best customer service in the industry (just my opinion, but you'll find a lot of guys here that agree). Ebay is about the best source of info for who's got what for how much.

One dealer that I haven't used yet but plan to soon is immortal hobbies ( www.shop.immortalhobbies.com ). Freakydude is involved with that and even though I just met him he seems very cool and very willing to help a rookie like me. :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yeah sorry I did review that thread just thought it was outdated.

Immortal Hobbies I've checked out as well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Another thing - are you ONLY looking at HL? What about Torro or Taigen? Another good place for parts on ebay is Island Enterprises (in Florida, but still not bad for shipping time and cost). If you deal with them enough to get their phone number, Malinda is particularly helpful. Someone here on the forum just posted a tiger 1 (HL) for about $75 with free shipping (about three or four weeks ago), but I can't remember where I saw that. Maybe someone else looking in will remember and post the name of the thread. I'm sure that sale is over, but it's still a good place to start. And is there a particular model of tank you want? I got my tauschpanzer from toydealer4u on ebay and only paid $76 with free shipping. I guess what I'm saying is that ebay is the best place for deals on lower cost models. Most of our better vendors are listed there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Mato may be more expensive in shipping to the US, but it's quick and trackable and the item has been inspected prior to shipping to avoid costly returns.

I don't buy HL anymore, but my experience when I did was every single one purchased through Amazon or Ebay had an issue. Yes, prices were great, but when you have to receive and return, regardless of refunds, what's the point? You don't have a tank, just a 3 week hassle. The only one I didn't return from those sites, I had to wait for replacement parts sent twice before I had a semi-working tank.

By comparison, the three times I bought from Mato, everything worked as expected.

Bottom line is with HL you're buying a product with very little QC, it's rarely worth it to combine that with a seller who doesn't know or care about what they are selling.
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu52 View Post
    Another thing - are you ONLY looking at HL? What about Torro or Taigen?
    No, I have 2 Taigens I just have this HL that's going to turn into a project I think. Also it's a brand that gives me alternatives to certain tank models (Sherman). Just gathering info and soaking it all in, really.

Ebay is not reliable. Some of the sellers will not stand behind their products. i have been burned more often then not i no longer trust them. Some will send you a bad part then ignore your emails. So better to not buy from them at all unless it's a piece that's impossible to screw up, like tracks or non moving parts-NO ELECTRONICS. I bought 3 sets of 2.4Ghz heng long Rx from TPA store and they do stand behind their product. In california they are fast shipping also.

On ali express there are many HL parts sellers. i trust only these three: Jack wang, heng long store, mato outlet. ali express does have parts for cheap and supposedly they are trying to overtake amazon but thats never gonna happen-that "guaranty" they have is nothing but words on a web page-God help you if you try to use it! Stick with those vendors you won't have issues. Delivery time is around 3 weeks, always, the stuff comes straight from mainland china, probably by ship that's why i think.

I bought an HL tiger tank, from hobbygasm for only $65 shipped. They had a mothers day discount 30% OFF. It arrived working fine. Since then they no longer offer such deep discounts now its like 10% and free ship for certain days like Father day etc.which is still pretty good.